What Video Games Have You Been Playing? IX: Now With 4K VR!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was trying to do a second run of Dishonored in order to do a low chaos run but my motivation to play it suddenly disappeared entirely.

So instead, a friend let me play their Sims 4 with all the expansions (or most of them, I don't know). It's... actually well done. But a lot of things are not intuitive at all. I'm not sure how children are meant to use the game to its fullest extent. Or maybe I'm just a boomer now and I'm metaphorically asking how to turn on a computer.

Cats are bugged beyond measure. Completely totaled one of my saves. Dogs work fine though. Woof.

Azur lane, thanks Japan for inventing Gachapon
Not only have they applied it to building ship girl characters, each missions gives out randomised drops of ship girls as well as loot crates, then you can open the loot crates for randomized weapons. The entire game is like crack cocaine for anyone that is even a little susceptible to any form of gambling as it dishes out rewards every few minutes for free. The only complaint is that marrying your ship girls which gives them an additional +6% to all stats requires a wedding ring which cost gems.
I wish they added in more strategy elements but its meant to be a scrolling shooter but I play it as an idle game on the side. Not a bad mobile game if you after a quick time filler.

Azur lane, thanks Japan for inventing Gachapon
Not only have they applied it to building ship girl characters, each missions gives out randomised drops of ship girls as well as loot crates, then you can open the loot crates for randomized weapons. The entire game is like crack cocaine for anyone that is even a little susceptible to any form of gambling as it dishes out rewards every few minutes for free. The only complaint is that marrying your ship girls which gives them an additional +6% to all stats requires a wedding ring which cost gems.
I wish they added in more strategy elements but its meant to be a scrolling shooter but I play it as an idle game on the side. Not a bad mobile game if you after a quick time filler.
This just feels so wrong in so many ways I can't count :lol:

Any game that intentionally gets itself abbreviated to LOL can't be taken seriously.

I started playing LOL through eSport platform recently. It's very competitive and entertaining. Hundreds of combination of Heroes and abilities make the game suitable for old DotA players. The best game of its kind I've played.

Why not just play dota2?

I haven't been into any games recently so I fired up Defense Grid Awakening again. It's such a good timer waster type of game. I wonder if you can mod it and I wish they would release more maps.

Not sure if this is the proper thread but I have a question for others who've played Planescape: Torment.

Spoiler Major spoilers for the game :
I've been reading a dramatization of the game's story that, while usually faithful to the game's dialogue and actions, adds this to the merging of the Nameless One and the Practical Incarnation:

"Learn this before you merge with me, and I walk out in your skin," the incarnation said calmly, "Passions count for nothing. The greatest weapon isn't love, or envy, or hate... it is purpose. Cold purpose, direct and pure. And I've had centuries to hone that blade."

"Passion can lead to purpose as well..." I growled, sweat beading on my forehead, "a purpose that one like you could never attain..."

He quirked an eyebrow, and I felt that wall of his psyche pushing against me.

"...Revenge," I hissed. My arms snapped forward, and a single honed thought thrust forward at the same time: This is for Deionarra.

The force of his will suffered the slightest of cracks at that blow, but with lightning speed my hands lashed out around his neck. A sharp snarl rose from his throat, suddenly silenced as I squeezed. He clawed at my hands, trying to force them away, but it wasn't my grip that was choking the life from him. I hammered at him with his sins. Dak'kon's enslavement. Morte's torture. Vhailor's imprisonment. Deionarra's murder and her condemnation to an eternity of mourning. One of his enemies long ago had shown me the strength I needed to defeat him, and I used it to full effect.

KNOW THIS: There is nothing on ALL the PLANES that can STAY the hand of JUSTICE when it is brought against them. It may unmake ARMIES. It may sunder the thrones of GODS. When your cause is JUSTICE, JUSTICE will lend you its STRENGTH.

I slipped through the cracks left by those blows and swam in the corridors of his mind. The first emotion I encountered was surprise, and his eyes widened. Memories of his slipped by, of unpunished sins and seductions. We struggled on the floor of the chamber, and I snagged those ancient crimes as they passed like rocks from the ground, bludgeoning him with the thousand injustices he had committed in his life. Sins he'd allowed to slide from his conscience now broke against his barrier in an unstoppable salvo. He'd given me much ammunition to work with.

There was a tug, and I felt him trying to slip away, but my will walled him off and dragged him back. Talons of thought speared his essence, and I dragged him screaming deep into my subconscious.

"This is the last time we shall ever speak," I snarled, "Return to death, where you belong."

It's a fantastic way to end that character, but this never happened in my game. Nor can I find mention of it online. The writing is fantastic and feels so similar to the game's that at first I assumed it was just something I missed.

Is this part of the game, or cut content?

No, that section at least is fairly accurate (you can go on Youtube and check). But that bit sounds far too much like part of the game to be an invention, unless the LP was written by Chris Avellone himself.

The bolded part is from the game (it's a line from Vhailor).
The rest is just fanfiction.

This just feels so wrong in so many ways I can't count :lol:

I forgot to mention Pokemon collection hording OCD mechanics, where you run missions over and over again for the chance of a rare ship girls being dropped as a mission reward
You also need to collect, entire rosters of them to use in battle plus the game forces your collect them all by rewarding you for collecting and leveling them. For example the "little beaver squadron" you need to collect 5 ship girls and then level them all the max levels once this is completed the game rewards you with a new rare powerful ship girl. Then there is team synergy sister ship girls buff each other or those of there faction requiring you to find, build and level entire teams of them to bring into battle

I also should mention the feeding of and petting of your favorite ship girls aka harvest moon style, you place them into your dorm which can house a limited number at a time. They level and give you random gifts.
Also for the whales you can purchase customized wedding skins with new voice acting some of them are hilarious (some are cringe worthy)

And it wouldn't be Japan without them rolling out an anime, figurines and a ton of limited merchandise due to the games popularity.

Last edited:
It's a little annoying when games don't have a windowed mode. The choices are either to let it run in fullscreen mode (with all of the problems of aspect ratios and alt+tabbing), or hope that something like DxWnd can hook into it and not cause issues.
I suppose you're still talking about Garry's Mod?
I started playing LOL through eSport platform recently. It's very competitive and entertaining. Hundreds of combination of Heroes and abilities make the game suitable for old DotA players. The best game of its kind I've played.
Why not just play dota2?
:agree:

Why not just play dota2?

I haven't been into any games recently so I fired up Defense Grid Awakening again. It's such a good timer waster type of game. I wonder if you can mod it and I wish they would release more maps.

because DotA 2 is actually really hard and has a disgusting learning curve. League is really easy and often times the best trick to "git gud" is to one-trick-pony only one of the dozens of champions for hundreds of games

I don't know how good/bad the DotA community is, but League makes me want to smash my head against a wall every time I load it up. I have legitimately lost mouses and keyboards over this game :lol:

Well, it should've been part of the game. :cry:
Err, sorry but the bolded part is the only one I feel which was really well-written. The rest is not bad, but it certainly doesn't really sound like Torment. More, well, like a fanfiction (I didn't use this word for nothing).
Also it would only work for a lawful character, as the lessons Vhailor gives are directly taken from his unwavering dedication to Justice (which is considered Lawful Neutral) and can only be teached to a Lawful NO.

(and has the forum bugged ? I posted this this morning already, but it seems to have disappeared)

I prefer to think of them as fiction modders, a title that will suddenly gain them mass respect from certain quarters with narrow preconceptions.

Creating what the story could have been if it weren't constrained by game mechanics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom