What Video Games Have You Been Playing XVII: REMAIN INDOORS!! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been playing some Frostpunk. If you like gently paced, relaxing city builders then this is not your game. There is always a crisis occurring and if you can't see one, then you're about to be in even worse trouble.

The Long Dark: Winter's Embrace

Heading back to the Trapper's Cabin on Day 14, I found a moose waiting for me in the meadow right in front there. Well, I couldn't turn that down. So with ~80lbs of moose meat in the freezer, I just coasted through to 25 days for the badge. 21 blizzards in 25 days. I made a survival bow, a hat and a pair of mittens, just for something to do. I spent almost a whole day chasing 1 rabbit around the little hill behind the cabin, trying to get the "Stone Age Sniper" badge. I hit him 3 times without being far enough away, and let him up so I could try again. :lol: I don't know if he noticed that I was wearing his cousin on my head.

Started an EU4 campaign to try out latest DLC.
Glorious Peasant Republic of Dithmarschen, with an added house rule that I am not allowed to ally monarchies.
Update.
It's 1560s, Reformers have been victorious in HRE and my tiny swampland Peasant Republic has risen to be counted amongst top 3 Great Powers in the world, behind Ottomans and France.

Witcher 2 is becoming more fun, but I find the lack of map tracking for monster quests to be a real pain. As is the looting system. I mean, the looting itself is fine, it's just the forced delay before you can loot and the fact that the hitbox for it is easily jogged over. I find myself constantly pressing Z and walking in a circle while I wait for combat to end so I can loot.

98% completion! I'm two unique jumps and one main-plotline mission away from utter, final glory.

Update.
It's 1560s, Reformers have been victorious in HRE and my tiny swampland Peasant Republic has risen to be counted amongst top 3 Great Powers in the world, behind Ottomans and France.

Got any pics to share? Stories?

Got any pics to share? Stories?
20200709163545_1.jpg
It's been slow but steady :)
I've been keeping to my house rule of not allying monarchies. Went Reformed for RP aspect and with help of France, we just thrashed Catholics in HRE religious wars.
Think I'll try to form Peasant Germany and complete my mission tree, which involves liberating Russia from tsarist oppression. :D

I made another HOI4 scenario and things got wacky, again.

I am Imperial Germany II ft. Wilhelm III, and Austria-Hungary and Poland are my non-aligned allies against the threat of communism. Communism is a real threat, since everyone and their brother are turning red. The only majors I set to avoid it were the Netherlands, the UK and the US, all of which were supposed to turn interventionalist democratic - but only the US did. UK chose fascism instead - and the communists lost their civil war in Japan (but they won in India and Mexico and Finland and Australia and Canada). I sent aid and volunteers to China, since I strengthened them in the scenario set-up so they won't be stupid pushovers. Interestingly though, the Chinese communists joined the Comintern and now China is at war with the whole USSR - and winning, taking over most of Mongolia, thanks in part to air support, foreign volunteers, and attrition. Japan joined in the fun by taking Vladivostok.

Even though the UK is turning fascist at ~43% popularity and going down that focus tree, they're still in the Allies faction with 60% communist France, and they're both democracies. It's kind of wild. Current date is summer 1940 and I'm spending a lot of my effort in building a navy so I don't lose to UK or a nosy busybody USA. France keeps on guaranteeing whoever I want to DOW so I haven't gone to war with anyone yet, taking just Danzig and Memel through diplomacy.

EDIT: Just after I posted this, UK kicked off their civil war, the fascists joined the comintern... and won... so now they are at war with France, who were allies with the old UK regime.

Last edited:
I've never seen it. I did watch the CinemaSins video on it though. That was pretty entertaining.
The CinemaSins of a movie is very often better than the movie.
I've been playing some Frostpunk. If you like gently paced, relaxing city builders then this is not your game. There is always a crisis occurring and if you can't see one, then you're about to be in even worse trouble.
FrostPunk is fantastic.
The Long Dark: Winter's Embrace

Heading back to the Trapper's Cabin on Day 14, I found a moose waiting for me in the meadow right in front there. Well, I couldn't turn that down. So with ~80lbs of moose meat in the freezer, I just coasted through to 25 days for the badge. 21 blizzards in 25 days. I made a survival bow, a hat and a pair of mittens, just for something to do. I spent almost a whole day chasing 1 rabbit around the little hill behind the cabin, trying to get the "Stone Age Sniper" badge. I hit him 3 times without being far enough away, and let him up so I could try again. :lol: I don't know if he noticed that I was wearing his cousin on my head.
That happened to me on my longest ever survivor run (200+ days). When I'd looted out Milton I decided to move to mystery lake and the Moose was right there in the Meadow when I came out of the cave. The meat lasted so long that I had to store it in the snow outside to keep it from spoiling. I don't think I actually ever finished the meat by the time I got bored living in Mystery Lake for so long that I decided to go on my ill-fated trek to Bleak Inlet to make bullets... which is ultimately how I ended up finally dying.

Oh, I actually do have another new game to talk about. Hardspace: Shipbreaker. Picked it up on the summer sale, it's pretty darn cool. Essentially a 3D/6DOF puzzle game in zero gravity, from the first person perspective. What cuts do I need to make to salvage this ship without blowing up the fuel/pressurized chamber?

I might have mentioned it before but today was the day I finally got around to playing it. It's neat.

I've been playing 2015's (or 2016's?) DOOM again. I played this game in 2018 and found it tough, but I guess the pandemic has made me better at gaming, because I've almost beat it (at the same respectable difficulty level as before)

Cities:Skylines has been getting some action from me. It's a fun relaxing game to play every once in a while.

I saw Shipbreaker I believe.. looked at it I mean. Seemed intriguing but for whatever reason I passed

Interestingly though, the Chinese communists joined the Comintern and now China is at war with the whole USSR - and winning, taking over most of Mongolia, thanks in part to air support, foreign volunteers, and attrition. Japan joined in the fun by taking Vladivostok.

Not surprising, the Soviet AI would be stupid enough to just dump divisions in the east with supply status at like 15% or whatever

I myself played HOI4 as Soviets and even after bumping up the Nazis by a single strength notch they still pretty much just got curbstomped. I may have to bump them 2 strength notches or maybe I'll do Germany +1 and Italy +1.

In Fallout 4 it's a bad idea to give companions grenades for carry.

Why is there a cow on the roof

It's pretty funny though. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom