What Videogames are you playing? ΙΔ - Meet your doom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fallout crashes a lot on me which makes Survival mode even more brutal. It took me 3 attempts to cross a river and walk half a mile due to continuous crashing. Another funny glitch is when cars spawn at the limit of the game's draw distance and appear by dropping in out of the sky like drop bears.

Last edited:
Fallout crashes a lot on me which makes Survival mode even more brutal. I took me 3 attempts to cross a river and walk half a mile due to continuous crashing. Another funny glitch is when cars spawn at the limit of the games draw distance and appear by dropping in out of the sky like drop bears.
That’s nothing, you should see flying horses in Skyrim! :p

Fallout crashes a lot on me which makes Survival mode even more brutal. I took me 3 attempts to cross a river and walk half a mile due to continuous crashing. Another funny glitch is when cars spawn at the limit of the games draw distance and appear by dropping in out of the sky like drop bears.
I take it saving is restricted in survival mode?

That’s nothing, you should see flying horses in Skyrim! :p

Well, considering what happens when you get into a fight with a giant in that game......

If you’re playing without mods that modifies survival mode. I use a few mods to make FO4 survival similar to Fallout: New Vegas’s hardcore mode and having damage kept at 1:1 damage.

You can also install a mod which re-enables achievements when using mods.

If you're using Steam, there's also, cough, tools to modify your achievements. (I only use it in the case of glitched ones, though.)

To get into the holiday spirit, I'm watching this. :)

Now there's a blast from the past. :)

I love his reaction to that horrible snowman stereo. Reminds me of why I never use it myself. :lol:

Yes you can only save when you sleep in-game. You only have a single save file and autosaving is completely disabled. I thought I'd get clever once and defeat that by fiddling with the audio savings (which triggers a game save) but it only saved the audio settings and nothing to do with the gameplay. :lol:

You can also install a mod which re-enables achievements when using mods.
On PS4?

I hope so because there's some achievements that have nothing to do with mods but I can't get them with them installed. The achievement where you have to run the bases around the stadium is one that jumps to mind for me personally.

I got Adventure Time: Pirates of the Enchiridion on Xbox One for my oldest daughter because she loves Adventure Time and saw it in the Xbox Live store while I was browsing games.

I thought it would be a game geared towards kids, but it actually has turned out to be a pretty fun turn-based RPG for all ages. Both me and my daughter have been taking turns playing it and we are both having a blast with it. It's not too deep or complex which means you can pick it up and play when you don't have the time, or just don't feel like investing the time, that most games of its type require. I also like how character progression is handled. When you level up, you don't get any automatic stat boosts right away. You have to spend "dosh" to upgrade your characters' stats. All leveling up does is increase the maximum for each stat that you can spend dosh upgrading. Don't worry about not having enough to upgrade your characters' though as so far dosh has been pretty plentiful and we haven't had trouble keeping our characters' stats maxed out.

The Long Dark: Errant Pilgrim just dropped. Wasn't expecting that. When they wrote, "before the end of the year", I sort of assumed that meant, "Last week of December."

Hinterland said:
NEW REGION: Bleak Inlet
A wind-swept coastline reveals an abandoned industrial facility -- an aging Cannery that holds some useful secrets. But finding your way to it is a two-stage affair, involving accessing the region from both the Raven Falls ravine, and Forlorn Muskeg. But watch out! Vicious Timberwolf packs have moved into this region, and will defend their territory to the death.

NEW CHALLENGE: As the Dead Sleep
You’re a tortured soul on the edge of death. Find five grave markers in the distant corners of the world, and maybe you can feel some peace before you fade into The Long Dark. Inspired by the community-conceived “Deadman” challenge, this is our harshest Challenge yet.

NEW GAMEPLAY: Ammunition Workbench
Look for the Ammo Crafting Workbench. With the right supplies, you can assemble your own ammunition for the Rifle or Revolver. But assembling the gear you need, and finding the bench, won’t be easy.

NEW ITEMS: Gunpowder & Ammunition Components

We’ve added all the raw materials you need to craft ammunition. If you manage to gather them all, and find an Ammunition Bench, you’ll be significantly enhancing your life expectancy on Great Bear.

1) Lead from batteries to make bullets
2) Collect sulfur from plant fertilizer + Charcoal from burned out fires + potassium nitrate from Stump Remover = Gunpowder
3) Shell casing
4) Bullet + Gunpowder + Shell Casing + Ammo Bench = Ammunition

NEW GAMEPLAY: Gunsmithing & The Milling Machine
With the help of the active Aurora, the Milling Machine comes to life, giving you the capability to restore ruined firearms, and repair damaged ones, along with future capabilities. Just keep in mind you’ll need the Gunsmithing skill to make any headway with this tool.

NEW FEATS: Blizzard Walker, Expert Trapper, Straight to the Heart
New in-game achievements that lend gameplay benefits to Survival Mode games.

QUALITY OF LIFE: Campfire, Emergency Shelter Breakdown
By popular demand, we’ve added the ability to break down Campfire rings and Emergency Shelters, for those players who like to pack out what they pack in.

The Long Dark: Errant Pilgrim just dropped. Wasn't expecting that. When they wrote, "before the end of the year", I sort of assumed that meant, "Last week of December."
By "End of the year" I thought they meant "June of next year"

But then again... Xmas... so I guess it makes sense.

Last edited:

But then again... Xmas... so I guess it makes sense.
I hope the introduction of ammo production means a reduction in the ammo you find in the world. My last game, I was drowning in rounds for the revolver. Having to access the new region from two points sounds intriguing. Some kind of puzzle? I also haven't played Episode 3 yet, so I've no idea how Timberwolves are different from regular wolves.

Scrivener 3 for Windows (though not a game) was supposed to be released on August 31, 2019. The development team recently put out a blog post saying not to expect it until 2020.

I hope the introduction of ammo production means a reduction in the ammo you find in the world. My last game, I was drowning in rounds for the revolver. Having to access the new region from two points sounds intriguing. Some kind of puzzle? I also haven't played Episode 3 yet, so I've no idea how Timberwolves are different from regular wolves.
Well...
Forlorn Muskeg. But watch out! Vicious Timberwolf packs have moved into this region, and will defend their territory to the death.
"Vicious Timberwolf packs"? GTFOH, No thanks, I'll pass on that BS.

TBH they lost me as soon as they said I'd have to cross Forlorn Muskeg to get there. That map is freaking brutal. I don't think I've ever made it out of there alive to an actual indoor shelter even once.

I feel like crafting ammo kinda defeats the purpose of the survival bow doesn't it? But then again, I'm glad they created a use for charcoal. There's so much of it. I wish they would just let you use it as fuel for fires. I know what you mean about the revolver ammo though. it used to annoy me because I would always have a ton of ammo but no revolver and be out of Rifle ammo with 2 or 3 rifles :ack: In my current game I finally have a revolver, and it really is a game changer against wolves. I feel like I can strut around Milton with virtual impunity. :p

Is anyone interested in the new mechwarrior 5 game by piranha bytes? Just got released.

I'm playing Slay the Spire currently. Its a Roguelite where you have to build a card deck that can beat a variety of different enemies and bosses. Very good systems and item variety.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom