What Videogames are you playing? ΙΔ - Meet your doom

Status
Not open for further replies.
I oppose cartoon censorship. :p

I do have a no-censor hack saved in my files, but then you have to deal with Barbie doll anatomy and nippleless females.

I picked up Civ2 again after (so it seems) being able to stop the crashes on the name prompt.

I’m playing through some old scenarios. Maybe I’ll draw up a map of my progress as the game goes on.

I do have a no-censor hack saved in my files, but then you have to deal with Barbie doll anatomy and nippleless females.

I have any number of questions about those images, but I'm not sure I want the answers. :p

I picked up an exploding-ammunition shotgun in FO4 that makes the game play like it's on easy mode. The only drawback is that is at super-close ranges I hurt myself so I have to be careful in confined spaces or I'll frag myself. I also was forced to get the companion perk which makes it so you can't hurt them because I was sawing through their Power Armor and health in danger close firefights.

I found the Yangtze submarine for the first time ever and I'm stoked about it. I was happy that Captain Zao has renounced violence and was happy to help him get home. However, I found out that he in fact fired off almost all of his missiles during the war and was responsible for nuking Boston directly. I'm going to help him so I can unlock the 3 rounds of nuclear artillery, use those up on bad guys and then go back to the submarine and execute him for crimes against humanity.

I'd do the same if it were an American captain. I also don't feel bad that put on my max-charisma suit to strong arm him into giving me his best gear and all his money. I lug around a couple of outfits with various perks for situations like this but I usually feel like a jerk for making people give me more money to help them.

Last edited:
I picked up an exploding-ammunition shotgun in FO4 that makes the game play like it's on easy mode.

In the first Mass Effect, putting explosive rounds on a sniper rifle is fun.

In the second and third, explosive rounds are gone but you get the M-920 Cain (the nuke gun). I loved using a save editor to give it to my squadmates, even if they kept knocking themselves out by firing it at point-blank range.

I picked up an exploding-ammunition shotgun in FO4 that makes the game play like it's on easy mode. The only drawback is that is at super-close ranges I hurt myself so I have to be careful in confined spaces or I'll frag myself. I also was forced to get the companion perk which makes it so you can't hurt them because I was sawing through their Power Armor and health in danger close firefights.

I found the Yangtze submarine for the first time ever and I'm stoked about it. I was happy that Captain Zao has renounced violence and was happy to help him get home. However, I found out that he in fact fired off almost all of his missiles during the war and was responsible for nuking Boston directly. I'm going to help him so I can unlock the 3 rounds of nuclear artillery, use those up on bad guys and then go back to the submarine and execute him for crimes against humanity.

I'd do the same if it were an American captain. I also don't feel bad that put on my max-charisma suit to strong arm him into giving me his best gear and all his money. I lug around a couple of outfits with various perks for situations like this but I usually feel like a jerk for making people give me more money to help them.

Legendary weapons in Fallout 4 are so random.
Shotguns or automatic weapons with the explosive feature make short work of almost any foe. At the other extreme I once got a baton that enraged Supermutants it hit. I suppose I'd get annoyed if I was big and green and somebody was poking me with a stick.

I once got a legendary radiation gun of the ghoul slayer that did 50% more damage against ghouls, except that it dealt radiation damage so it had no effect on ghouls.

That's amazing.

That's a cool rug. :)

Path of Exile: I set aside my bow-firing Ranger over the weekend and took up a Double Strikin', axe-and-shield Duelist, and boy was it a breath of fresh air. I'm exactly not sure why, but the bow-Ranger just didn't flood my brain with serotonin. So I'll probably stick with the Duelist. I'm thinking Gladiator, Cyclone, axe-and-shield, lots of bleeding passives.

Metro Exodus: Just started, but okay so far. Way too much exposition at the beginning, you don't really get to play for like 15-20 minutes. I like the train idea. The gameplay is more stealthy than shooty, which I like. After I escaped the crazy church, Anna said it was a shame I had to kill some people, which makes me wonder if your approach to the game has consequences later. Dishonored tried to do that, and while the idea was neat, I wasn't completely satisfied with the way they did it.

Path of Exile: I set aside my bow-firing Ranger over the weekend and took up a Double Strikin', axe-and-shield Duelist, and boy was it a breath of fresh air. I'm exactly not sure why, but the bow-Ranger just didn't flood my brain with serotonin. So I'll probably stick with the Duelist. I'm thinking Gladiator, Cyclone, axe-and-shield, lots of bleeding passives.
I still can't play. The memory leak issue makes it impossible. :(

That must be intensely frustrating. :-/

-----------------

I finally gave up on the assault rifle in FO4 after taking down the Forge. I held onto the rifle because of its greater range and larger clip over the radium rifle but in the field this theory collapsed. At longer ranges, it actually had less damage than the radium even if it was more accurate. Additionally, the range wasn't so great as to take the enemy a long time to close the distance. I'd start popping off rounds at a guy 200 meters away and then get mobbed by his buddies within a few seconds. And while the 80 round clip sounds great for close range scrums, it is not a quick-change mechanism so it is painfully slow to reload.

I died on my first two attempts to even enter the Ironworks until I switched to the radium rifle. After that, I got all the way through (and then some) in one go.

The Creation Club for Fallout 4 (basically microtransactions) is giving away a powerful sniper rifle for free right now.

Thank you. Its been over 2 years since I've played it and I don't have any plans to do so soon but I'd hate to miss out on a freebie.
So I snagged that rifle and it was not nearly as good as advertised. The article I saw said it was between the .50 cal hunting rifle and the gauss rifle in strength but that was a lie. Fully upgraded, it only has the same power as the hunting rifle and it has a slower rate of fire and smaller clip. Lame. Maybe it is easier to upgrade this with a lower skill level though? I don't know because I already have all the upgrade perks and skills.

Speaking of, I really need to find a gauss rifle. My sniper rifle is still great for low to mid level enemies but the high level ones (like the Forged) still take 5 or 6 headshots to bring down...

Anyone know where I can find gauss rifles?

Last edited:
Either I haven't looked or its a very high level. I'm in the mid-40's.

I just found out that some soldiers on the Prydwin might insult your dog. I really wanted to beat the game with the BOS but I think I might go full @Commodore on them if they pester my doggo. I wonder what happens to the ship if you kill everyone on board outside of one of the major missions to take it down via the various factions?

Edit: I looked it up and nothing happens except they go hostile Commonwealth-wide and you still have to take them out as one of the other factions. People pointed to this as evidence of how much Bethesda had backslid on the franchise because of the lack of choice and consequences for player actions. I'm honestly not sure this is a good comparison as other games could come across as completely arbitrary.

For example, in FO1 there was a consequence for not advancing in the story fast enough that would close off a lot of quests. Thing was, they didn't tell you this was going to happen nor did they even explain what happened in most of the areas the super mutants wipe out. You show up to a town and everyone is just gone and/or dead. That's not good storytelling either.

Last edited:
I once got a legendary radiation gun of the ghoul slayer that did 50% more damage against ghouls, except that it dealt radiation damage so it had no effect on ghouls.
Just for the record, I was not involved in the design of that game in any way.

Just started a new Path of Exile game.
Shadow, focusing on dual weild daggers and chaos/poison damage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom