1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

What Videogames are you playing? ΙΔ - Meet your doom

Discussion in 'Serial Thread Archives' started by Takhisis, Nov 14, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Timsup2nothin

Timsup2nothin Veteran of 1000 psycic wars

So I got the monster gaming rig up and running, fought Windows 10 to a draw, and wished that I had a really convenient way to hook up my old machine so I could LAN all my installers out of it rather than deal with downloading. Looked at the stupendous download time for the game I bought this rig for and decided I wasn't up to it, but needed SOMETHING to play to boost my morale.

State of the art (though not cutting edge) gaming rig.

Playing Civ IV.

2. Timsup2nothin

It isn't a spoiler to say that the extra hundred days comes at an appropriate level of cost, so don't buy the hundred days unless you need them. Really that's just common sense.

hobbsyoyo likes this.
  3. aimeeandbeatles

aimeeandbeatles watermelon

Also I think taking the "bloody mess" perk directly changes the ending. So...uh, beware of that. :crazyeye:

AdamCrock likes this.
  4. Takhisis

Takhisis daria dance party

Yes, yes, but I don't want to kill the suspense.
    It is for this kind of thing that I still have a 7-metre LAN cable ready to go, even when using *shudders* Wi-Fi.
    Oooh yeah. :cool:

5. aimeeandbeatles

I think in Fallout 2, after 13 years, the game just...ends. Some technical limitation. It takes a while to get that far though.

6. Timsup2nothin

Okay Rocket.

7. Takhisis

I recommend that anybody who likes forum-based mafia games join the game now linked to in the first line of my signature.

8. aimeeandbeatles

I don't want to get killed. :(

9. hobbsyoyo

hobbsyoyo Deity

They patched that out (sort of)-
    Spoiler :
    The super mutants will take about 13 years to find the vault, even with water caravans. They changed that in version 1.1, before that, they would find it pretty quickly once you started the caravans. After the patch, it's nearly impossible to get them to attack the vault as most games finish long before that time.

Thanks @Takhisis for the walkthrough page but I've already done everything on that page. I have bugged the mission.

Are there any good grinding missions anyone can recommend me to do? I can't kill either the Deathclaw at the Hub or clear out the Deathclaw hideout in the Boneyard without losing at least one companion.

10. Timsup2nothin

In something like ten minutes the download completes and I will have the game I bought this machine to play. If you don't hear from me in a reasonable number of days please send food.

hobbsyoyo and tjs282 like this.
  11. aimeeandbeatles

*sends cookies*

Timsup2nothin likes this.
  12. Birdjaguar

Birdjaguar Hanafubuki Retired Moderator Supporter

What game are we losing you to?

13. Broken_Erika

Broken_Erika Nothing

I use my cutting edge gaming rig to play Civ 2.:smug:

Sommerswerd likes this.
  14. Timsup2nothin

X4...but I had a brief taste of windshield effect, ie, some days you're the windshield, but some days ya gotta be the bug. Confronted the learning curve with a brutal splat so a break is already in order.

15. dusters

dusters Fairy

Cat quest 2 just came out on Steam. You can play as a dog now :D

Playing Civ3 for more peaceful victories. Playing LoL on Eu NE server. Playing RuneTerra. Playing Hearthstone.

16. Takhisis

Well, you can always survive the game and even win.

17. AdamCrock

AdamCrock Polish Pudding

Be aware that this is rather a big spoiler and I hope my memory serves me well on this one

Spoiler :
    Hub:
    South of Bob's "Iguana on a stick" ™ stand is a destitute farmer, help him reclaim his farm from raiders and You'll get a kickass gun ("that gun" that looks like it's from Blade Runner)
    If You have decent lockpick and traps skills You can try this : At the Hub there's a hidden staircase IIRC east of the building where Harold resides. Go there without companions as there are a lot of traps there. Disarm traps and pick locks until You reach Thieves Den, accept their mission to steal a necklace from Mrs. Hightower. (it's in a closed locker in her room, watch out for a trap) Do that and after You finish go visit Decker , he should be downstairs of Maltese Falcon (IIRC) , accept and complete his mission of killing Mr. Hightower (this time around You can go in guns blazing 'that gun' should be helpful =) Those poor Hightowers xD Get Your payment from Decker and than turn him in to the local authorities I also suggest assisting in hunting him down for gear, experience and higher reward.
    Caps thus aquired spend on combat armor, stims, better gear or skill books - there's a book merchant in Hub which restocks her books once in a while and it's a great way to boost Your skills. After You do that You can always hire yourself as a caravan guard. I recommend this 'crazy guy's caravan outfit (I don't remember his name.) As You'll be sure to have lots of fighting encounters and XP =) I have one last tip for You if You do not already know : Use stims directly from inventory , just right click on a stim and choose hand icon - this way You can use as many stims as You please without loosing additional AP's - some may call it an exploit but if the odds are stacked against You might call it a feature ! xD

18. shadowplay

shadowplay (boss music)

So what computer did you get, Tim? I'm in the market for a new desktop and am shopping around.

19. aimeeandbeatles

:twitch:

Is it good? I think I added it to my GOG wishlist.

20. dusters

dusters Fairy

It is very fun if 10 bucks is okay-ish price for 5-6 hours of gaming

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.