What Videogames are you playing? ΙΔ - Meet your doom

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll make sure to get it when it's on sale then!

Maybe we can play it as a coop some time then. It is 2 player game now.

So what computer did you get, Tim? I'm in the market for a new desktop and am shopping around.

This. First time in decades that I bought an out of the box machine, but I couldn't match this buying parts even though I could skip the hard drive. This also allows for keeping my old rig together so I can pass it on to one of my sons rather than pulling the drive out of it.

This. First time in decades that I bought an out of the box machine, but I couldn't match this buying parts even though I could skip the hard drive. This also allows for keeping my old rig together so I can pass it on to one of my sons rather than pulling the drive out of it.

That is... actually well-priced.

Ugh.

That is... actually well-priced.

Ugh.

Seems to be taking X4 in stride...on ultra. There were a couple things that irritated me a bit on the prebuilt front, but overall I'm pretty well satisfied with it.

Be aware that this is rather a big spoiler and I hope my memory serves me well on this one

Spoiler :
Hub:
South of Bob's "Iguana on a stick" ™ stand is a destitute farmer, help him reclaim his farm from raiders and You'll get a kickass gun ("that gun" that looks like it's from Blade Runner)
If You have decent lockpick and traps skills You can try this : At the Hub there's a hidden staircase IIRC east of the building where Harold resides. Go there without companions as there are a lot of traps there. Disarm traps and pick locks until You reach Thieves Den, accept their mission to steal a necklace from Mrs. Hightower. (it's in a closed locker in her room, watch out for a trap) Do that and after You finish go visit Decker , he should be downstairs of Maltese Falcon (IIRC) , accept and complete his mission of killing Mr. Hightower (this time around You can go in guns blazing 'that gun' should be helpful =) Those poor Hightowers xD Get Your payment from Decker and than turn him in to the local authorities I also suggest assisting in hunting him down for gear, experience and higher reward.
Caps thus aquired spend on combat armor, stims, better gear or skill books - there's a book merchant in Hub which restocks her books once in a while and it's a great way to boost Your skills. After You do that You can always hire yourself as a caravan guard. I recommend this 'crazy guy's caravan outfit (I don't remember his name.) As You'll be sure to have lots of fighting encounters and XP =) I have one last tip for You if You do not already know : Use stims directly from inventory , just right click on a stim and choose hand icon - this way You can use as many stims as You please without loosing additional AP's - some may call it an exploit but if the odds are stacked against You might call it a feature ! xD
I glitched the Hightower quest too! Seriously, I keep accidentally playing the game in ways it doesn't want me to and breaking the quest chains.

Thanks for reminding me about the book seller! I have a ton of loot and all the vendors are out of cash or things I want to buy and I completely forgot about her. I finally figured out how to use the steal command to use your companions like pack mules too (or did someone here tell me?) so now I have a ton of loot to hand over.

I read that after a while it becomes impossible to keep your companions alive without a ton of extra work and save scumming so I'm not going to stress their deaths too much but as of right now I'm still too weak to go it alone.

I read that after a while it becomes impossible to keep your companions alive without a ton of extra work and save scumming so I'm not going to stress their deaths too much but as of right now I'm still too weak to go it alone.
Canonically, Dogmeat the dog is supposed to die trapped by a laser door in a high-tech facility you explore (as stated in Fallout 2). Of course, any player worth his salt will do the impossible to keep Dogmeat from being trapped by said laser doors, just to see him charge against an armoured monster with a laser minigun.

Wait, you can give Dogmeat a laser minigun?

Is your computer quiet? Mine doesn't make any noise, like ever. I don't know if this one is good that you bought, but you say it's a monster gaming computer? I'd like a new computer, mine is about 4 years old, and that's a reallly good price, but I just don't know enough about computers.

Is your computer quiet? Mine doesn't make any noise, like ever. I don't know if this one is good that you bought, but you say it's a monster gaming computer? I'd like a new computer, mine is about 4 years old, and that's a reallly good price, but I just don't know enough about computers.

It seems it just went on sale for over $100 off. I doubt you'll get a better computer at that price if you built your own.

It's not a monster, but it's good. The graphics card could be better, but in its category (entry level) it's the best you can get IMO.

Edit: Benchmarks with the GPU: https://www.techspot.com/review/1813-geforce-gtx-1660-mega-benchmark/

It really depends on your resolution but if you are only gaming at 1080p, 60hz, I would never buy more than an entry level gpu.

Yeah, the specs on that are pretty similar to my computer which I bought for about $1100 three years ago. Since then I've put about $250 of new parts into it. Had to replace the power supply and upgraded the HDD and added an extra SSD. The GPU has 6GB of VRAM tho whereas mine has 4, which is good news because my mods on Skyrim Special Edition are pushing my GPU to the limits of its capacity.

How do I find out what my current computer is?

To compare the GPU and CPU? The CPU will appear if you follow Lexicus's instructions.

For the GPU, on the left-hand side of that same screen, click on Device Manager and then look under Display Adapters in the list. It'll include all GPU sources, such as your dedicated card and your built-in GPU if you have one of those (like I have an NVIDIA GeForce 840M and an Intel HD Graphics 4600).

right click my computer and hit properties to get your ram and cpu type. For gpu you can download something like cpuz or gpu temp or go to device manager and look it up, or launch your driver panel like nividia or amd have programs that update the drivers and should tell your your gpu type

General question, anyone have an Xbox One, the Master Chief Collection, and an interest in playing Halo campaign co-op?

If you want to compare build options go here. From this table you can see how parts are rated and grouped according price range. As new items come out, they replace older parts. My 3 year old CPU is no longer listed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom