1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

What Videogames are you playing? ΙΔ - Meet your doom

Discussion in 'Serial Thread Archives' started by Takhisis, Nov 14, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aimeeandbeatles

aimeeandbeatles watermelon

I'll make sure to get it when it's on sale then!

2. dusters

dusters Fairy

Maybe we can play it as a coop some time then. It is 2 player game now.

3. Timsup2nothin

Timsup2nothin Veteran of 1000 psycic wars

This. First time in decades that I bought an out of the box machine, but I couldn't match this buying parts even though I could skip the hard drive. This also allows for keeping my old rig together so I can pass it on to one of my sons rather than pulling the drive out of it.

hobbsyoyo and shadowplay like this.
  4. Synsensa

Synsensa - Retired Moderator

That is... actually well-priced.

Ugh.

hobbsyoyo likes this.
  5. Timsup2nothin

Timsup2nothin Veteran of 1000 psycic wars

Seems to be taking X4 in stride...on ultra. There were a couple things that irritated me a bit on the prebuilt front, but overall I'm pretty well satisfied with it.

hobbsyoyo likes this.
  6. hobbsyoyo

hobbsyoyo Deity

I glitched the Hightower quest too! Seriously, I keep accidentally playing the game in ways it doesn't want me to and breaking the quest chains.

Thanks for reminding me about the book seller! I have a ton of loot and all the vendors are out of cash or things I want to buy and I completely forgot about her. I finally figured out how to use the steal command to use your companions like pack mules too (or did someone here tell me?) so now I have a ton of loot to hand over.

I read that after a while it becomes impossible to keep your companions alive without a ton of extra work and save scumming so I'm not going to stress their deaths too much but as of right now I'm still too weak to go it alone.

AdamCrock likes this.
  7. Takhisis

Takhisis daria dance party

Canonically, Dogmeat the dog is supposed to die trapped by a laser door in a high-tech facility you explore (as stated in Fallout 2). Of course, any player worth his salt will do the impossible to keep Dogmeat from being trapped by said laser doors, just to see him charge against an armoured monster with a laser minigun.

AdamCrock likes this.
  8. aimeeandbeatles

Wait, you can give Dogmeat a laser minigun?

9. MaryKB

MaryKB Deity Supporter

Is your computer quiet? Mine doesn't make any noise, like ever. I don't know if this one is good that you bought, but you say it's a monster gaming computer? I'd like a new computer, mine is about 4 years old, and that's a reallly good price, but I just don't know enough about computers.

10. AdamCrock

AdamCrock Polish Pudding

I think Takh meant that the armored monster wields laser minigun ;)

11. Synsensa

It seems it just went on sale for over $100 off. I doubt you'll get a better computer at that price if you built your own.

It's not a monster, but it's good. The graphics card could be better, but in its category (entry level) it's the best you can get IMO.

Edit: Benchmarks with the GPU: https://www.techspot.com/review/1813-geforce-gtx-1660-mega-benchmark/

12. MaryKB

MaryKB Deity Supporter

How do I find out what my current computer is?

13. civvver

civvver Deity

It really depends on your resolution but if you are only gaming at 1080p, 60hz, I would never buy more than an entry level gpu.

14. Lexicus

Lexicus Deity

Yeah, the specs on that are pretty similar to my computer which I bought for about $1100 three years ago. Since then I've put about $250 of new parts into it. Had to replace the power supply and upgraded the HDD and added an extra SSD. The GPU has 6GB of VRAM tho whereas mine has 4, which is good news because my mods on Skyrim Special Edition are pushing my GPU to the limits of its capacity.

15. Lexicus

Lexicus Deity

Open the windows file explorer, right-click on "This PC" and click "Properties"

16. Synsensa

To compare the GPU and CPU? The CPU will appear if you follow Lexicus's instructions.

For the GPU, on the left-hand side of that same screen, click on Device Manager and then look under Display Adapters in the list. It'll include all GPU sources, such as your dedicated card and your built-in GPU if you have one of those (like I have an NVIDIA GeForce 840M and an Intel HD Graphics 4600).

Lexicus likes this.
  17. aimeeandbeatles

Awwww. :(

18. civvver

civvver Deity

right click my computer and hit properties to get your ram and cpu type. For gpu you can download something like cpuz or gpu temp or go to device manager and look it up, or launch your driver panel like nividia or amd have programs that update the drivers and should tell your your gpu type

19. Lexicus

Lexicus Deity

General question, anyone have an Xbox One, the Master Chief Collection, and an interest in playing Halo campaign co-op?

20. Birdjaguar

Birdjaguar Hanafubuki Retired Moderator Supporter

If you want to compare build options go here. From this table you can see how parts are rated and grouped according price range. As new items come out, they replace older parts. My 3 year old CPU is no longer listed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.