What Videogames have You Been Playing XX: Virtual Imperialism

Status
Not open for further replies.

AmazonQueen

Virago
I know theres a better way to do these links, I just can't remember what it is.

Continuing with creating the Empire of Ghana in CK3. Also spending a lot of time making sure those shacks in FO4 look just junky enough but solid enough to keep the rain out.

I played some Victoria II (as Greece - surprise), but it is pointless, since it only lasts for 100 years.
Europa Universalis III is also pointless, because it lasts for 400 years.

I actually never finished one game in either! After becoming a major power I tend to realize that it is a waste of time :p

What? A new thread? Nice title!

Rome II: Total War, has continued to tickle my fancy, so I've kept at it. I've finally figured out that I need to plan out my succession (who will be the next Dictator, Family Head, and Heir) in advance of their death, and I also need to get Generals off the battlefield and retired, so they can start their new careers as serial embezzlers before they die. Another thing I've figured out is not to put all my potential heirs as generals because then they all get killed in battles :p.

I've also learned that the "Matriarch" rank for the women in the family makes for some spectacular embezzlers as well as facilitators of promotion abuse. Lastly, I've figured out that you can use this cycle to get to a point where you can spam vacations and really start padding the skills of the family members.

In addition to Civ6, I've been playing a lot of Luck Be A Landlord (a early-access deckbuilder game about trying to pay rent with a slot machine) and Demoncrawl (minesweeper but with items and currency and armor and a bunch of cool interlocking systems - highly recommend).
I'm also gonna be trying out Tonight We Riot and Ikenfell since I managed to get both for free - haven't gotten around to either yet tho.

*Mandatory rant about the titles of previous threads not being properly displayed*

Erika, the question from the last thread still stands.

Civ IV as America.

It's now AD 2000. I'm fighting in the 2nd US-Indian-Persia vs Khmer War. :ar15:
I have the airpower. The Khmer has the sea power. We have equal land tech, but I have the numbers. Expect a big push soon along their coastline. :yup:
I have the 3 Gorges Dam 1/6 built. :hammer: When finished, it will supply power to all my factories on the continent. :w00t:

Sim Settlements 2 is proving stressful for my PC. On my old inferior PC I was able to play Fallout 4 with loads of mods including Sim Settlements, but I'm getting frequent CTDs with Sim Settlements 2 and much less mods.
Now considering if I can bear to play Fallout 4 with a minimal amount of mods. Sim Settlements 2 has been very good so far, voice acting very professional, story good, and the settlement building good too, but theres a lot of things in vanilla Fallout 4 that I find annoying.

FAR CRY 3. It was okay, but I encountered a game-breaking bug pretty early on and didn't feel like starting over, so it's been binned after four hours of play. A major improvement over Far Cry 2, but not enough of one to convince me to troubleshoot and try to fix. This also convinced me to remove the later sequels from my wishlist. Maybe the franchise just isn't for me.

My games are pretty tame compared to what others here play. I'm nearly done with Jewel Match Royale 2: Rise of the King (Collector's Edition).

Unfortunately, it's buggy. As in it won't give me credit for some of the CE levels I've solved, and one of the extra games is unsolvable.

Fortunately, one of the designers posts on a couple of other gaming forums I belong to.

Unfortunately, he can't fix anything himself.

But he's promised to let the rest know. Maybe they'll do a bug fix, or maybe just be more careful next time.

I like these Jewel Match games because they're good brain exercise and the castles you build with the gold and stars can be customized (after solving the puzzle or solitaire game) and used for wallpapers.

I use them as inspiration for my ongoing NaNoWriMo writing project. I have three kingdoms that need castles.

Far Cry 5 is okay. It adds some stuff to the Far Cry formula that I like, but it's kind of repetitive. I've been playing it for like 20 hours, I think I'm only 1/3 of the way through it, but I feel like I'm kind of done. Maybe I'll go back to it, I dunno.

Rome II: Total War, has continued to tickle my fancy, so I've kept at it. I've finally figured out that I need to plan out my succession (who will be the next Dictator, Family Head, and Heir) in advance of their death, and I also need to get Generals off the battlefield and retired, so they can start their new careers as serial embezzlers before they die. Another thing I've figured out is not to put all my potential heirs as generals because then they all get killed in battles :p.

I've also learned that the "Matriarch" rank for the women in the family makes for some spectacular embezzlers as well as facilitators of promotion abuse. Lastly, I've figured out that you can use this cycle to get to a point where you can spam vacations and really start padding the skills of the family members.
After seeing you write about it a few times, I realized I have this but have never played it. (Well, it looks like I did the tutorial or something. Steam says I have 105 minutes played.)

Far Cry 5 is okay. It adds some stuff to the Far Cry formula that I like, but it's kind of repetitive. I've been playing it for like 20 hours, I think I'm only 1/3 of the way through it, but I feel like I'm kind of done. Maybe I'll go back to it, I dunno.

After seeing you write about it a few times, I realized I have this but have never played it. (Well, it looks like I did the tutorial or something. Steam says I have 105 minutes played.)
I started with the tutorial-campaign. However, I've since realized that the tutorial does not even scratch the surface in terms of what the game offers. To analogize with a game I know we are both very familiar with... it would be like only playing "The Hunted: Part One" in The Long Dark. Sure, you get a taste of some of the basic game mechanics, but that doesn't really represent what the actual Survival mode game is about, at all.

EU 4 has been a dumpster fire lately but I've been running some games. Also Dominions 5 MP, currently in 3 games of those. Forged in the fires of some high level games, I'm quite enjoying the depth Dominions offers now.

Other than that just a brief rotation of Ultimate Chicken Horse, Rocket League, and a little bit of Apex Legends when friends/nephew want to play.

Booted up Alpha Centauri Alien Crossfire as Cult of Planet. Generally regarded as the weakest fiv. Inyind I would use worms as my troops. In practice Miriam ate 4 other five and there's only 3 civs left and I had my own continent.

Late game fungus based economy gearing up for war although I could ascend easily enough and become one with planet.

I plan on burying Miriam in fungus.

Booted up Alpha Centauri Alien Crossfire as Cult of Planet. Generally regarded as the weakest fiv. Inyind I would use worms as my troops. In practice Miriam ate 4 other five and there's only 3 civs left and I had my own continent.

Late game fungus based economy gearing up for war although I could ascend easily enough and become one with planet.

I plan on burying Miriam in fungus.

Dawn of Planet cultists are not the weakest faction. Sure, getting infrastructure rolling takes a bit longer with them, but the whole point of faction is explore around with rovers, find mind worms and capture them. They're like Gaians on steroids when it comes to their +2 Planet bonus.

Fungal missiles are indeed fun. Give Miriam hell! :thumbsup:

I've mainly been playing the latest Stellaris update.

I've been playing Idle Champions of the Forgotten Realms, aka Jarlaxle stabs everything. The generic game tends towards stacking one champ with all of the damage bonuses since ult damage is based off the strongest hit that occurred recently. However, the adventure settings can screw with that strategy by restricting formation possibilities or introducing incentives to spec away from raw damage for that adventure. Good for short breaks from other activities, and comes with its own songlist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom