What Videogames Have You Been Playing XXI: Going for the Platinum!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anglo-Persia! The conquest of the English mainland (and some islands to the south, see minimap) proved to be just enough to qualify me for the election to the UN topspot!

Attachments

• persiansemperor1778ad.jpg
    persiansemperor1778ad.jpg
    463.7 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:
Diplo-win in 1778 on a Large Archi-map at Emp? Not too shabby! :thumbsup:

Gone back to playing the Early Access Baldurs Gate 3 since its had its last major update before actual release, only for WotC to really put the cat amongst the pigeons in D&D circles by deciding to try and force a new OGL on 3rd party developers. Won't affect BG3 but it may end up being the last official D&D product I ever touch.

Baldur's Gate 3 has been in early access so long, Baldur's Gate 4 is already in development.

At least it has a release date now.
The other game I've been eagerly awaiting, VTMB 2, is on indefinite hold.
I read something about that just recently, and realized that I'd completely forgotten about it. That said, if I thought they were ever going to release it, it'd be on my list of most anticipated games.

I read something about that just recently, and realized that I'd completely forgotten about it. That said, if I thought they were ever going to release it, it'd be on my list of most anticipated games.
paradox still own the rights, they just need to hire a competent development studio with experience in RPGs instead of trying to do it on the cheap.

Honestly I don't think we want a second VTM game. What made the old one so great is that it was ready and willing to dig into the dark underbelly of that universe and doing so openly. I mean, can you imagine a game today being made that would have characters like the twins or Velvet in it?

VTM???

Anglo-Persia! The conquest of the English mainland (and some islands to the south, see minimap) proved to be just enough to qualify me for the election to the UN topspot!
It was a hell of a good start. Only two civs in a large-sized continent and the other was the English, buried in swamp and jungle from about York downwards. I had Iron three tiles away from my capital so I stacked up the Immortals until I was the strongest city among the known ones and set out on a long war of conquest - I didn't have to eliminate them; Spain and Yaussia did. Since then, all I had to do was mourn the inevitable loss of Behistun (an iron mine to replace the exhausted one at Herat), which was compensated by expelling the Spanish from where Tabriz and Maracanda now stand, and stretch out a bit southwards and, lately, eastwards among the Byzantinised Aztecs. The English mainland had as many cities as mine, but the Persians took London and York in the first turn of the war (an RoP had just expired) and then I got an Army, so it was just a matter of time.
Afterwards it was just a matter of piling up the libraries and universities everywhere and holding out for a diplo/tech lead.

Pity that circumstances prevented me from building the Battlefield Medicine or the Ironworks… new Iron deposits were found two tiles away from the coal mines after I'd built a city and a wonder there, too close to relocate. :cry:

Path of Exile: My Juggernaut's fire resistance and life regen are up to 80% and 199.7/sec, respectively, so I'm able to run Righteous Fire with no damage. It's a little slow to actually kill enemies, though, so I have to buff up my fire damage modifiers. I'm using Molten Strike right now, but that doesn't synergize perfectly with RF, so I'll probably find a fire spell to pair it with. Flame Wall, maybe. I just picked up Vaal Righteous Fire, but I haven't used its alternate mode yet.

Path of Exile: My Juggernaut's fire resistance and life regen are up to 80% and 199.7/sec, respectively, so I'm able to run Righteous Fire with no damage. It's a little slow to actually kill enemies, though, so I have to buff up my fire damage modifiers. I'm using Molten Strike right now, but that doesn't synergize perfectly with RF, so I'll probably find a fire spell to pair it with. Flame Wall, maybe. I just picked up Vaal Righteous Fire, but I haven't used its alternate mode yet.
Are you using a Stone gollum for regen?

Are you using a Stone gollum for regen?
No golem yet. With Vitality running, I'm regenerating about 270 life per second. That seems to be okay for now, but my damage output is kinda wimpy.

Having never played RF, I cannot help in improving damage.

I got power back after the tornado on Saturday, but without internet (just got that up this morning) I've been farting around on Command and Conquer Remastered and Red Alert remastered. I ever played them back in the day, so it's nice to zone out and blow up teeny tiny AI people to Klepacki's music.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom