What was the luckiest thing that ever happen to you...

(Question: Am I right in assuming that I could have taken a rep hit if I connected my iron before the trade deal expired? I thought I read that somewhere.)

I think that the trade deal would continue just like normal, and you would just have 2 sources of iron, then. And you could trade one of them just as if you had 2 in your own territory.

I think the trade agreement lasts until it expires, even if you have the resource yourself, so you wouldn't take a rep hit with connecting the iron.

I think that the trade deal would continue just like normal, and you would just have 2 sources of iron, then. And you could trade one of them just as if you had 2 in your own territory.

Thank you for the clarification! I wasn't sure. As it happens, later on in the game, I got a pop-up telling me that one of my coal sources was exhausted - I couldn't continue building railroads and such because my other two sources were being traded! So I suppose if I had lost a second coal source, I would suffer a rep hit from a broken trade deal.

Thank you for the clarification! I wasn't sure. As it happens, later on in the game, I got a pop-up telling me that one of my coal sources was exhausted - I couldn't continue building railroads and such because my other two sources were being traded! So I suppose if I had lost a second coal source, I would suffer a rep hit from a broken trade deal.

Yes, you would suffer for that extremely unlucky turn of events :eek:

i was using rome in a huge map continent 70% water and i got 4 mlg's in the same turn making my army more powerful in the eytes of the human player and i easily conquered iroquis and got maybe 6 tech from declaring peace with them everyonces in awhile because they were losing badly taking maybe 3 to 4 cities every war (tried to keep them alive for the techs) then i finally took them out also i was successful at defending all my towns on a huge invasion on me by aztecs when theyv had superior numbers

Top Bottom