What was the luckiest thing that ever happen to you...

i was playing the sumerians and succeeded to get 5 SGL's !!! 2 in the late medieval, one of them was used to rush smith, one of them to rush newton. 2 in the industrial age, one of them was used to rush suffrage. the other two were kept in the capital to the end of the game mainly for the reason because i had a very very hard war and totally forgot about them :)

i have RNG-lucks, when i stack attack and can afford losing. i killed 4 elite ancient cavalries and 4 spearmen having only two hp hurt. too bad, the RNG-god was really angry and punish me when i want to end the war and face significant war weariness and decreasing attack force..

I actually did not, luck of the draw I guess. I wonder what the odds of 2 warriors (1 veteran and 1 standard) beating 2 hoplites (both standard) foritfied in their capital with a poulation of 2 on the plains are?

In my current game I was having trouble defending my borders to the Persian immortals and had already lost most of my border cities. But at a certain moment I noticed that feable archers were the only reinforcements to join the Persian frontlines. A closer look revealed that their only source of iron was exhausted! So after eliminating the remaining immortals, the Persian archers were no match for my swordsmen and now I have recaptured all my cities ànd occupied half of the Persian empire :D

Don't know about the luckiest thing.

But yesterday I got a military leader after I was attacked just once (with a small enemy stack, I had a little defending stack in a city as well) !

(I was playing the Dutch :))

I would call that pretty lucky.

The other dude couldn't believe I got a Military Leader/Army that fast LOL.

I was pretty surprised as well LOL.

As the Mayans, I just finished a game with 4 MGL & 3 SGL--the last one I didn't realize I had gotten until near the end & never even used!

If the Mayans are always this lucky, well, I might have to use them exclusively :D

I once played a non-seafaring civ and had a single curragh survive 7 turns in treacherous waters!!! I'm sure it would have lasted longer :p , but a barb galley onslaught finally sunk it :lol:

Once I made a Nation I was at war wit made a almost crazy trade, my foreign advisor was like "They would be insulted by this deal!" but I pressed trade anyways and then he accepted the trade! :D

Once I made a Nation I was at war wit made a almost crazy trade, my foreign advisor was like "They would be insulted by this deal!" but I pressed trade anyways and then he accepted the trade! :D
I always wondered about the rules behind an AI civ accepting trades.
I've made deals when the advisor was in "doubt", but you show that even better deals are possible.
Is this a case of pure luck or is there some hidden mechanism determining the AI need for a certain item?

Its binary: either yes or no, doubt means no, probably means yes!

Thought it sometimes happens the adviser is a bit slow to update his dialog box if you remove an item from the list. I think thats what happened.

I've had the AI offer me deals that, when I asked to change them but actually lef it the same, the advisor said they wouldn't take (and they didn't).

Yes, I've had that happen to me as well. Sometimes the AI offers deals that are in favor of the human compared to if you asked for the deal yourself.

Yes, I've had that happen to me as well. Sometimes the AI offers deals that are in favor of the human compared to if you asked for the deal yourself.

The bad part is that I always think that the AI is screwing me over, so I miss a bargain. Although generally they're only offering me a world map or some contact I don't have.

i finished a monarch game playing temujin and his nomadic hordes. i popped 5 free-techs from goody huts, they were writing, polytheism which are very good for bargaining. dont know its just pretty lucky or the power of the expansionist trait.. but to pop out 5 huts in a relatively small island is just rare.

Playing as Sumerians stuck on an island with 6 towns on a huge continents map. I HAD to conquer to expand, only there was one problem: I had one mountain on the island as the only possible source of iron. When I finally discovered Iron Working, what do you know? My mountain had the iron! Lucky for Sumeria, unlucky for India on the nearby continent.

I think I have mentioned it once her in CivFans. I was playing vanilla when suddenly the Greeks (old enemies, now in peace) from the remote continent have contacted me and said something like "To celebrate our friendship we suggest you a Radio tech in exchange for, say, 1 gold". Indeed, I said 'yes' and payed 1 gold. And that is how I've got Radio tech. Was sure shocked.
Never seen anything like that since.

SVAN

Well...there was those two redheads my sophomore year....

Just kidding.

My luckiest thing to ever happen would be conquering all of europe form Rome west, removing 4 civilizations, with 1 archer. I was playing Marla Singer's World Map with my own civ starting locations added in.

-Nate

Probably the time I played Portugal on a huge archipelago map on emperor, and I got a scientific leader very early on (with writing or something). I used it to rush the Great Pyramids, and later on I built the Lighthouse and the Great Library. First time I completed all three of the Egyptian wonders on that level, and it set me up for the rest of the game--I got a huge tech lead that nobody could catch. :D

In my first Warlord game, I was playing as China and had recently finished a war with Russia. In return for peace, Russia gave me some of her cities, including one that was on a two-tile desert island. I thought it useless, but it was probably sitting on oil or something. Since the city was so useless, I never really installed proper defenders there; just a warrior. I saw a German galley draw close to my island and rushed a spearman. The galley dropped off two German knights. They declare war and attack.

So we have two German knights -- one veteran, one regular -- attacking my regular warrior and my regular spearman. The spearman kills the first knight and half-wounds the second one. I figure my warrior is doomed and tell him to attack the knight. The knight retreats. On the next turn, the knight attacks and loses. Every time the RNG lets riflemen destroy my tanks, I remember that knight's death at the hands of an axe-toting warrior.

Just started a game, I am exploring, Paris is pre-building a granary when its border expands, bam the border expansion pops a settler in 3500BC.

Spoiler :

I feel pretty good about this game. No real food bonus in sight(only sugar) but this should make up for it.

Top Bottom