What was your last accidental achievment

darkskies

Warlord
Ok I've got over 7,000 hours logged on this game but only 34% (98) achievements because I don't specifically go after them.

So I periodically like to see what achievements I've earned and my most recent one is "God is Great" (1000 temples built) which I earned last December 7.

Don't know what that says about my temple building skills that it took nearly 7,000 hours to build 1k temples, guess I need to have a talk with my stone masons.

I have maybe 470 hours logged with Civ V and 36% (102 achievements).

I may have gotten more then you on accident because I went through a phase of playing the scenarios which have a lot of achievements. Check those out if you haven't yet!

My last one was Colonize This! - beat the game on any difficulty as Haile Selassie. I rolled a random civ and apparently had never done him before.

Interesting post... It make me went throug my achievements for the 1st time.
Been surprised to see I got 1606 hours logged and that I have 49% (141) achievements filled.

Last one: (tonight)
lawless Strategy
Beat the game on the Deity difficulty level.

Most surprising were:
Dark Horse
Win a Diplomatic Victory without ever being the host of the World Congress.

and

The Last Crusade
Capture the city that built Petra using a Landship.

SAY WHAAAAT?

Really? I did took a petra city with a landship?

and my most surprising NOT achieved were these:
Riddle of the Sphinx
Rush a Wonder as Egypt with a Great Engineer.

WHAT!? I actualy won more than one time with them... no kidding!

and this one:
Colonize This!
Beat the game on any difficulty as Haile Selassie.
Since I played him quiet often and kinda like him... probably never finnished the games I would have won... I even came very close to my 1st Deity vic with him... (2 turns)

I have close to 17,000 hours logged but that is not particularly accurate as I will let the game run while I do other things.

Achievements? Barely any as I usually play with Mods.

"Greed" probably something about amassing enough gold in the bank over the course of X games

I have maybe 470 hours logged with Civ V and 36% (102 achievements).

I may have gotten more then you on accident because I went through a phase of playing the scenarios which have a lot of achievements. Check those out if you haven't yet!

My last one was Colonize This! - beat the game on any difficulty as Haile Selassie. I rolled a random civ and apparently had never done him before.

Yeah I only tried one scenario once didn't much like it, but I should give them another try. I guess I'm too set in my ways, I usually play marathon, huge maps because one of my favorite parts of the game is exploring and the other is early warfare. With these settings I rarely get beyond the industrial era even on deity. Several times I started out to win a science victory and got bored and instead wiped out the other civs long before science victory. And I was close to culture victory once but again got bored and never have played a culture game after that (well I've started to a few times but got distracted by wars). I also won a game once not getting into a single war but didn't get any achievement for that, I suffered for nothing.

I probably should try for some of the achievements to shake me out of my rut, it's odd in other games I usually try all sorts of things, but in Civ I seem to like to stick to my main settings, I don't think I've ever played it on a small map (I have in BERT though, all map sizes).

I have close to 17,000 hours logged but that is not particularly accurate as I will let the game run while I do other things.

Achievements? Barely any as I usually play with Mods.

700+ days? Wow that's a lot of Civ on time. I used to leave it running but not so much since I went SSD. I also play sometimes offline so I think it balances out, might be slightly high but not by much. Yeah mods do that maybe there should be two categories for achievements with and without mods. I did use some mods for a while but for various reasons I usually prefer to play without them, though I'm tempted to give one of the AI warfare improvers a spin.

Several times I started out to win a science victory and got bored and instead wiped out the other civs long before science victory. And I was close to culture victory once but again got bored and never have played a culture game after that (well I've started to a few times but got distracted by wars).

Perhaps it's time to start playing Standard games instead of Marathon if you are getting bored before the industrial era! The trend being that the games are taking too long to achieve anything other than Domination.

Just a suggestion though :crazyeye:

Recently, I got the "Yoink!" achievement. I noticed that it popped up IBT so when it was my turn again, intrigued I went and checked what it was. Something about getting a CS rich in units through a diplo marriage as Austria. I guess Austria did just that, because to the south-west of my borders suddenly there was a Budapest flying a spanking new Austrian flag and surrounded by a swarm of freshly Austrian troops.

The funny thing was, I was playing as Poland. I guess, the Steam achievement imp confused the Polish red with the Austrian red and misattributed the trophy. Either that, or it mixed up the eagles. Or both. :crazyeye:

Perhaps it's time to start playing Standard games instead of Marathon if you are getting bored before the industrial era! The trend being that the games are taking too long to achieve anything other than Domination.

Just a suggestion though :crazyeye:

Probably should, last time I tried a faster game though, I had such a beautiful set up with three close neighbors on a very small continent, but I was on a nice peninsula that had a private sea with city-states on it and I was able to found a nice city with good nearby resources that bridged the gap so my capital built ships had access to the rest of world: I was very sorry I wasn't in marathon to enjoy some prolonged early war.

I probably should try again though and get some more accidental achievements, but really my primary interest is in military tactics but maybe at this point, while waiting for CivVI, I should give other things a try again and it's been a long time since I saw giant death dealing robots :). Some of my most fun games have been when I got most or all of the AIs DOWing me at the same time so I guess I'm just a warmonger at heart.

Top Bottom