What We Must Need In Civ 5

Ahovking

Cyber Nations
Hi, Ahovking

I Feel We Need More:
1:)Civics option like How your Armies,spys conduct their Opes.
2:) More Natian Civ only has an hand full of developed countries
1. Norway 0.971 (▬)
2. Australia 0.970 (▬)
3. Iceland 0.969 (▬)
4. Canada 0.966 (▬)
5. Ireland 0.965 (▬)
6. Netherlands 0.964 (▲ 1)
7. Sweden 0.963 (▼ 1)
8. France 0.961 (▲ 3)
9. Switzerland 0.960 (▬)
10. Japan 0.960 (▬)
11. Luxembourg 0.960 (▼ 3)
12. Finland 0.959 (▲ 1)
13. United States 0.956 (▼ 1)
3:) Nation have there Unique Unit (like USA F22 and Russian Spy steel the plans for the F22 and it take 10 turns and the more spys you use the faster you can get the plans or somthing on those lines.
4:)more scenarios WW1 WW2 and other i would love to have like 20 new ones it just makes the game last longer.

Ill Be back with more updates

The only thing Civ5 could have of interest for me personally is a better AI. Any other stuff can be added to CivIV by a mod.

So I would probably not be buying Civ5 for the first five or so years... :p

better AI yes, I hate the AI WE HAVE IN CIV4

1) It needs to have me as a new leader!:D (Of course I could do that myself)
2) Nukes should have a chance to destroy cities.
3) Global warming should be removed.
4) More naval units.
5) Every standard unit should be ethnic (except for vehicles).
6) More civics.
7) More wonders (Empire State Building, Golden Gate Bridge, Dubai's islands, ect..)
9) Every civ should have at least two leaders.
10) Future era should have more units, techs, and buildings.
11) Maybe an extra trait for each leader?
12) More Religions, who cares if seven is the "optimal number for game play".

Improve the espionage mechanics. Right now it all just seems "bolted on" rather then smoothly integrated.

Religious persecution!
If I don`t want to have a certain religion in one of my cities,
I should be able to remove it...
no matter what measures needed.

0. removing industrous and introducing "special projects points" that would enable both wonder building as well as minor terraforming (Desert to plains, plains to grassland, expanding rivers, sinking or lifting a tile etc.)
1. Religion rehaul (especially the diplomatic penalties)
2. Corporations rehaul (altho its better than religions)
3. Expanded diplomacy
4. Expanded espionage
5. Expanded Sea and Air combat
6. increasing penalties for nukage
7. Nerfing UN/AP power (also Voting "never" should have other consequences, not -:))
8. Economic Victory
9. super-improvements (SMAC style)

1) Cannibalism
2) Inquisition
3) acquiring slaves through razing cities(like in civ3).
4) ethnic cleasing.

The only thing Civ5 could have of interest for me personally is a better AI. Any other stuff can be added to CivIV by a mod.

So I would probably not be buying Civ5 for the first fem or so years... :p

What you say!? Can't the AI be modded? I thought it could.

A star wars system (inhibit space race, combat, etc) or space stations that could be used as supplementing the travel to alpha centuri.

What you say!? Can't the AI be modded? I thought it could.
In that case I don't necessarily see a need for another Civ. But I wouldn't know how to begin working on Artificial Intelligence, so I'll just leave that part to the professionals.

In that case I don't necessarily see a need for another Civ. But I wouldn't know how to begin working on Artificial Intelligence, so I'll just leave that part to the professionals.

I haven't modded anything myself but I'm pretty sure it can be modified. I base this on the fact that the AI can play reasonably well on mods that differ significantly from their normal playing.

Another possibility would be that each unit is assigned a role (offensive, city defender, stack attacker, support...) and the AI treats units modded in as members of the said role (ignoring their true capabilities).

I don't know for sure, if someone who is a Master of Modding sees this, could you tell how much AI can be modded?

I personally would like an option to play Civ5 more like a simulation than a competitive strategy game. I never play it just to win the game in the end, instead I play it because I love watching all the civs, my own including, going from tribes in ancient times to huge nations late in the game. I would love it if Civ5 had sort of a "God mode" where, instead of playing as a single civ in order to ultimately win the game, you could take control of any civ at any time and direct what they'll do and how they'll act for a certain amount of turns.

Also, this is probably purely a cosmetic issue, but I'd really like it if in Civ5, cities could ONLY be built (by both player and AI) on tiles right next to a water tile or either directly on a river. It gets on my nerves so much seeing an AI city with a population of 10,000,000 that is not directly on a coast or a river. I know in real life we have ways of doing this, but atleast in real life the water is visible on the map in the form of creeks or small lakes and such. Civ4 doesn't really allow this, as there is only one form of a river. I'd like to see different kinds of rivers: big rivers that ships can travel on, as well as small creeks and small rivers that normal units can cross.

Another thing I think Civ5 should have in the culturally-linked starts of Civ3. I wish that generated maps could produce Asias, Africas, and Europes on its own, instead of dumping the Aztecs, Zulu, Chinese, and English all on the same spot. It just doesn't seem right. In real life, the continents have their own personality and flavors, but in Civ4, they don't. The continents are just there.

Going from that, the last thing I would like to see in Civ5 is generated maps that are more than just "two blobs in a row." I've never seen a generated map that produced something like the Mediterranean Sea in real life, how it separates southern Europe and northern Africa. If Civ4 were real life, then the Zulu would've had an embassy with the Romans.

I usually can't resist the urge to go into the worldbuilder and change nearly everything.

I personally would like an option to play Civ5 more like a simulation than a competitive strategy game. I never play it just to win the game in the end, instead I play it because I love watching all the civs, my own including, going from tribes in ancient times to huge nations late in the game. I would love it if Civ5 had sort of a "God mode" where, instead of playing as a single civ in order to ultimately win the game, you could take control of any civ at any time and direct what they'll do and how they'll act for a certain amount of turns.

Also, this is probably purely a cosmetic issue, but I'd really like it if in Civ5, cities could ONLY be built (by both player and AI) on tiles right next to a water tile or either directly on a river. It gets on my nerves so much seeing an AI city with a population of 10,000,000 that is not directly on a coast or a river. I know in real life we have ways of doing this, but atleast in real life the water is visible on the map in the form of creeks or small lakes and such. Civ4 doesn't really allow this, as there is only one form of a river. I'd like to see different kinds of rivers: big rivers that ships can travel on, as well as small creeks and small rivers that normal units can cross.

Another thing I think Civ5 should have in the culturally-linked starts of Civ3. I wish that generated maps could produce Asias, Africas, and Europes on its own, instead of dumping the Aztecs, Zulu, Chinese, and English all on the same spot. It just doesn't seem right. In real life, the continents have their own personality and flavors, but in Civ4, they don't. The continents are just there.

Going from that, the last thing I would like to see in Civ5 is generated maps that are more than just "two blobs in a row." I've never seen a generated map that produced something like the Mediterranean Sea in real life, how it separates southern Europe and northern Africa. If Civ4 were real life, then the Zulu would've had an embassy with the Romans.

I usually can't resist the urge to go into the worldbuilder and change nearly everything.

This is so much true. I myself am more fond of the simulation aspect too. Too bad Sid seems to be more on the strategy side... well, that's not too bad actually, it could be a lot worse (CiviGolf: A Civilization-based minigolf game - let's see which one of our modders decides to try making it real...). I recently played an early 1990's game, Shadow President, where the player is the PotUS, and has a lot of power to dominate the world with... although not with straightforward war as there are Soviets and the need to remain popular, but with economics, public statements, espionage, political pressure, peace conferences and foreign aid, the player can practically rule the world behind the scenes... and I was like "Wow, I just wish this game and Civ IV fell in love and had a playable child..." ...I just wish...

Bubba, instead of wishing for something that never will be, why not play the historical simulation that is Rhye's and Fall of Civilization? Since I have finally discovered this mod and since I'm learning modding myself, I really don't see what a new version of Civ could offer to me personally...

I might add that I feel much the same way you do about the game.

I know in real life we have ways of doing this, but atleast in real life the water is visible on the map in the form of creeks or small lakes and such.

No it's not, haven't you ever heard of wells? There's a great deal of water stored underground, even more than you'll find in rivers and lakes etc. It's called groundwater. Go down far enough and you'll find some in almost every region in the world. And sometimes you don't have to go down all that far either.

RE: AI

It's possible to modify the AI. It's even possible to get AI to play reasonably well. It's not possible to make Civ IV AI good. Reason being the groundwork is just essentially flawed; anything you can build on top of it is going to display the same faults.

Wow, that metaphor worked surprisingly well.

RE: OP

Really? We absolutely need 9 to 11 new white-as-the-driven-snow (thank you Yahtzee) civs, many (or even most) of which have never really been significant international players? When we have 1 civ that represents around 1,000 various Native American tribes and one leader for a gigantic, multi-ethnic and culturally diverse region that is lumped into the hugely generic civ of "Arabia"? All right...

RE: AI

It's possible to modify the AI. It's even possible to get AI to play reasonably well. It's not possible to make Civ IV AI good. Reason being the groundwork is just essentially flawed; anything you can build on top of it is going to display the same faults.

Wow, that metaphor worked surprisingly well.

RE: OP

Really? We absolutely need 9 to 11 new white-as-the-driven-snow (thank you Yahtzee) civs, many (or even most) of which have never really been significant international players? When we have 1 civ that represents around 1,000 various Native American tribes and one leader for a gigantic, multi-ethnic and culturally diverse region that is lumped into the hugely generic civ of "Arabia"? All right...

Civ IV AIs primary limitation is that it has no memory other than some counters that are added/reduced by the RNG. It can't set long-term city plans very well and generally just looks at its situation turn to turn.

BetterAI has done a great deal to improve its ability within this framework, however.

Any tweaks the the AI would require of course balancing the bonuses the AI gets at various difficulties.

There is always the danger of going off the deep end and making an AI that few players in the world can beat (similar to designing a chess AI only a lot harder and with less time to create and perfect it). This danger is miniscule, but represents a situation where a deity AI would have *no* bonuses :lol:.

This is compounded further by the AI roleplay element though. Many AIs were deliberately made to be *not* ruthless about things, although this occasionally makes things harder.

This thread is just ******ed, especially the OP for it.

More civs, check out a mod. That's a totally non important thing that's needed in Civ5, you can get more civs easily right now for civ4. Many of which will have fully made leaders and everything you could want for them.

Concepts civ5 needs are more complex, and interesting. Like the combat style of civ really needs to go, the 1v1 unit battles just dont' work, and have spawned even more terrible mechanics to help with the core problems with them (like collateral damage). Anyway it's stuff like that that civ 5 needs. If all you want is moar units and moar civs, go check out a mod, as these are just trivial requests that anyone with half a brain has thought about, and alot of folks have gone out and done them themselves; no one needs or appreciates some random internet forum poster to bring these up in the context of civ5.

better AI yes, I hate the AI WE HAVE IN CIV4

You do realize civ4 has one of the most robust and in depth AIs of any strategy game right? :rolleyes:

What you people want is impossible, it takes a friggin supercomputer to get cognitive abilities that aproaches those of most insects. And when we finally get to the point where computers can "think" on the level of even the dumbest human strategically; the machines doing so will not be being designed for video games.

Top Bottom