1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

What We've Been Waiting For - Map Packs

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by DudewiththeFood, Oct 15, 2013.

1. DudewiththeFood

DudewiththeFood King

2. Socratatus

Socratatus Emperor

I`m sorry, that just seems like penny pinching to me. I don`t see anything worth it there at all.

3. cpm4001

cpm4001 Goggleman

I'd snap these up in a minute if they were new civs or scenarios, but I see no reason to shell out $5 for a few map scripts I'll probably never use. I agree with Socratatus; it seems like Firaxis is trying to wring money out of us by selling pretty much pointless DLC.

4. David McMurdo

David McMurdo Chieftain

I bought it, but yeah, I would have preferred new Civs. Hoping for a new expansion.

5. MerchantCo

MerchantCo Merchant

No way am I buying this, although the randomized Earth script sounds mildly tempting.

6. BuzWeaverCiv

BuzWeaverCiv Warlord

So the continents keep their Geographical Shape, but the landscape topography changes?

7. Lorf Yimzo

Lorf Yimzo Atheist

The scripts sound cool, but not worth the price. But its nice to see that Firaxis is still willing to put out DLC, hopefully we can get a new civ next time.

8. darden

darden Chieftain

yeah, I passed on these as well.

new Civs or scenarios and I'd definitely be interested, but I wouldn't buy a map pack unless it was on a Steam sale for $1

9. householder

householder Lord of the Fleas

Here is the description from the Steam Store

"The Scrambled Continents map pack includes real geographic locations with special scripts that produce randomized interiors each time a new game begins. While the familiar outline of the continent’s geography stays constant, the inner heart of the world changes each time you play for endless replayability on countless plausible worlds. Maps include Africa, Eastern Asia, North and South America, Western Europe, the Middle East, a thawed Antarctica, new scripted maps for Small Continents and Oceania, plus one map including all of Earth’s continents. "
    http://store.steampowered.com/app/235584/

I am hoping we will have the option of using the real world interiors, and can choose whether or not to scramble them.

10. S.ilver

S.ilver Emperor

Disappointing. I thought that Firaxis had moved away from the penny pinching DLCs after they released Gods & Kings.

11. BuzWeaverCiv

BuzWeaverCiv Warlord

I'm new to the game and despite having read that I'm not grasping its meaning. What are randomized interiors, is that different tile luxuries or topography? What changes about the inner heart? Perhaps its the terminology I'm getting hung up on.

12. DemonMaster

DemonMaster A.K.A. Fenhorn

The outlline (form) of the continent is as it should (South America will look like South America) but what the interior of the continent will be is a mystery. For the South America map, you will also have the Andes, but it will not look the same as the real thing but will be a north to south mountain range.

13. BuzWeaverCiv

BuzWeaverCiv Warlord

Thanks for clarifying that Demon.

14. Santa Maria

Santa Maria Warlord

I like it, it offers known continents with always different inland -> endless replayability.

But I would like to see some new scenarios and/or new civs so much more.

15. Arilian

Arilian King

Give us new and interesting civs instead!

16. Babri

Babri Emperor

Aren't current number of civs enough? We have many more civs in ciV than cIV right now (which are of much better quality IMO with really unique abilities) . Any more civs would be an overkill.

Personally I would prefer a DLC which introduces different skin flavours & city architecture for all civs. I would be willing to pay 5-8 bucks for that.

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk 2

17. Liegence

Liegence Warlord

Bought this and have been thoroughly enjoying my Shaka scrambled Africa game. Worth it IMHO. Love the idea of playing civs in relevant territories.

18. seancolorado

seancolorado Deity

I would as well. I'll throw in unique music to the mix

This map thing though? I'll only buy it if a deal comes around that lessens the 5 bucks

19. ehecatzin

ehecatzin Emperor

+1

The lack of ethnic units, and city graphics for certain civs is rather dissapointing.

I'd gladly pay for that DLC, heck they could even add diferent graphics for Great Improvements, how cool would it be to have diferent styles for Holy sites? I want to see Pacal spaming piramid temples.

I can understand why they are releasing this map pack, after all it uses the same coding to outline continents they used in the Scramble for Africa scenario, I dont think it really took that much production time. Hopefully they have something else up their sleeves.

20. ense7en

ense7en n7

No interest in this whatsoever.

The previous maps pack i have, but i almost never play stuff from it.