1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

What will be the 7th first look?

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Ersoperso, Jan 15, 2019.

?

What will be the 7th first look?

1. Phoenicia

98 vote(s)
    39.8%
  2. Ottomans

130 vote(s)
    52.8%
  3. Alternative Leader for existing civ

16 vote(s)
    6.5%
  4. Something diffirent from leaks

2 vote(s)
    0.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ersoperso

Ersoperso Chieftain

We are near to the release day. Last 2 Civs and 1 alternative leader need to be revealed.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2019
    TahamiTsunami likes this.
  2. Eagle Pursuit

Eagle Pursuit Scir-Gerefa

Oh, good. I was wondering when this would be made.

I'm going with Phoenicia. I think Ottomans and Eleanor Two-Civs are both hype-bait to be saved for last. Pending livestream hints, naturally.

The question is, will they do it next week? There's pretty good evidence that 3rd party livestreamers were at 2KHQ over the weekend and they are gearing up a Press Preview build for them. Next week seems about right to drop the embargo like last year.

And they might skip a reveal in favor of the livestreamers because there's still 1 more week than First Looks.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2019
  3. WillowBrook

WillowBrook Lurker

Can't argue with the logic above. But I will change my vote if we get a livestream with hints that point otherwise.

4. Ersoperso

Ersoperso Chieftain

I think they gonna skip next week.

5. Brentonator

Brentonator Chieftain

Really hoping for Phoenicia, cothon leak/the awesome design for every other civ so far are making me super hype for what they could have in store! Hoping they have an ability related to the Phoenician alphabet and some unique malus/bonus with settling colonies

TahamiTsunami, Ziad and bbbt like this.
  6. DogeEnricoDandolo

DogeEnricoDandolo Chieftain

Last time we had a video summarizing all of the changes featured in RnF after the 6th FL to fill in, and Kristina is the 6th FL of GS. Hope they don't do that this time because I remember that video was pretty useless as it talked about everything we already knew.
    Please be Phoenicia next week, I have been waiting for Dido for such a long time.

TheMarshmallowBear likes this.
  7. mondetactica

mondetactica Chieftain

Dido will return from Civ V next week.

8. bbbt

bbbt Warlord

Yes, maybe I'm setting myself up for disappointment, but I'm somewhat expecting Phoenicia to be one of the most non-standard civ designs (I mean why even call it Phoenicia instead of Carthage if you aren't doing something colony related), with Ottomans providing the anchor with a much more standard civ design ala the Incas. Though given that the Ottomans have a good shot at the unique governor, maybe less standard than I'm expecting.

9. Haig

Haig Warlord

I was reading about Phoenicia and they have so many potential bonuses for them, like how they settled coasts and small islands, harvested their purple dye, made innovations in navigation and ship desingn etc.

But how would they hint towards them during a Sweden livestream? Have the team sitting on a trireme all dressed in purple?

10. Leathaface

Leathaface Warlord

What would happen when the embargo drops? Could streamers upload themselves playing the Press Preview build of GS? (for a limited number of turns)

11. jddods

jddods Chieftain

Hopeing for Phonecia but lers see what the livesteam brings.

12. bite

bite Unoffical Civilization Geographer Moderator

i think this could be the week where they drop the double leader in Elanor

13. isau

isau Warlord

I'm guessing:

Phoenicia
    Ottomans
    Eleanor

What I'm curious about with Eleanor is whether there's another surprise in store. Are there any existing leaders who could lead two nations? Saladin for example (Arabia/Egypt)? And arguably Catherine de Medici(Germany/France)? I wouldn't be shocked if Eleanor isn't the only leader who spans multiple civs.

14. Pietato

Pietato Chieftain

I believe the time has finally come for Babylon.

15. monstercat

monstercat Chieftain

I am so ready for Dido and her Cothons now

16. Naktis

Naktis Chieftain

We got Sweden so next is non-Eu Civ. I would go with Phoenicia ,since Ottomans popular civ should be last.

TahamiTsunami and CPWimmer like this.
  17. Metecury

Metecury Chieftain

Yay, got two right in a row. I'm guessing Phoenicia next, the ottomans to mitigate the lack of Gustavus and Hannibal for the previous two civs and finally the alt leader for two civs as a high note on which to end the reveals.

18. Disgustipated

Disgustipated Warlord

Phoenicia because of the Lebanese river hint. Though it's possible it's not a hint but an oversight.

It's a Press build and not the final build. Iirc streamers like Quill18 and Marbozir did not have access to the final 3 or 4 civs. Though I believe Marbozir found the Impi civlipedia entry.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 16, 2019
    Eagle Pursuit likes this.
  19. Eagle Pursuit

Eagle Pursuit Scir-Gerefa

As @Disgustipated said, livestreamers will be able to play on the press preview build which will probably have built-in limitations and restrictions to prevent them from willfully or accidentally revealing anything Firaxis doesn't want shown yet.

20. Trav'ling Canuck

Trav'ling Canuck Warlord Supporter

My guess is that Eleanor Two Civs is announced prior to the press embargo being lifted. I think they'll want to maximize the publicity of this new feature by letting the livestreamers and press talk about it right away. Phoenicia and the Ottomans have their fans, but those fans will notice their addition at any time. A leader who can lead two different civs is something new the casual gamer is more likely to find cool. So I'm guessing she's next for a First Look.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.