1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

What will be the first Religion you found?

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by TheSpaceCowboy, Aug 30, 2016.

1. TheSpaceCowboy

TheSpaceCowboy "Save a horse..."

While there definitely exist variables contingent upon the map, I know that in Civilization V at least I tended to favor certain beliefs in across most situations, and I imagine that I'll tend to select a certain set beliefs as well. Based on what we know now, my first religion will most likely be...

Name: Platonism
    Pantheon: Divine Spark
    (+1 Great Person Point from Holy Site (Prophet), Campus (Scientist), and Theater Square (Writer) districts)
    Founder Belief: Stewardship (Each Campus or Commercial Hub district in a city following this Religion provides +1 Science or +1 Gold respectively)
    Follower Belief: Jesuit Education (May purchase Campus and Theater Square district buildings with Faith)
    Worship Belief: Wat (+3 Faith; +2 Science)

2. KrikkitTwo

KrikkitTwo Immortal

Well for super spread Religious victory

Pantheon: Aurora, Folklore, Desert (or idols) depending on local terrain
    Founder: Lay ministry (+1faith/culture from cities with Holy site/Theater)
    Follower: Reliquaries: triple faith, culture from Relics
    Worship: Mosque: +3 Faith, bonus spread
    Enhancer: Scripture (+25% spread)

3. Zaarin

Zaarin My Dearest Doctor

This is, of course, all putative, but if I were founding it right now:

Name: Tribunal Temple (Zoroastrian symbol)
    Pantheon: Divine Spark
    Founder Belief: Scripture
    Follower: Reliquaries
    Worship: Cathedrals
    Enhancer: Divine Inspiration

4. Magil

Magil Monarch

I couldn't tell you for certain, even assuming all this remains final, because it largely depends on other game elements. One of the reasons I used to try and use religion for the generation of gold in V was because there were few other ways to get it--I would prefer to use trade routes and tile improvements for food. Thus Tithe. With that in mind, given that none of this is final I could go with something like this if I ended up planning a religious victory:

Name: Avianism (a bird symbol, whatever is available, I used to use one of the two bird symbols in V)
    Pantheon: Terrain-dependent OR Divine Spark (+1 Great Person Point from Holy Site (Prophet), Campus (Scientist), and Theater Square (Writer) districts)
    Founder: Holy Order (Missionaries and Apostles are 30% cheaper to Purchase)
    Follower: Reliquaries (Relics have triple yield of both Faith and Tourism) Pending how they are generated
    Worship: Mosques (+3 Faith; Missionaries and Apostles +1 Spread Religion charge)
    Enhancer: ??? (I haven't seen a list)

Have you heard the word? The word... is bird.

5. Zaarin

Zaarin My Dearest Doctor

The only bird symbol I recall in Civ5 was Tengriism--what was the second? :confused: Or did you think the Zoroastrian Faravahar was a bird?

Also, according to Ed Beach, enhancer beliefs appear to work just like Byzantium's bonus belief in Civ5: you can select it from anything.

6. Magil

Magil Monarch

If it has feathered wings, it's a bird :p

Or close enough to count.

7. Thorburne

Thorburne Centurion

Romanism for me. If have to analyze the beliefs. Most will probably be dependant to the context of the map/game.

Sent from my LG-H345 using Tapatalk

8. Ivan Hunger

Ivan Hunger Chieftain

Name: The Grimleal (Protestant symbol)
    Pantheon: Initiation Rites (+50 faith per Barbarian outpost cleared.)
    Follower Belief: Divine Inspiration (Wonders provide +4 faith.)
    Worship Belief: Mosques (+3 faith, Missionaries and Apostles get +1 Spread Religion charge.)
    Founder Belief: Pilgrimage (+2 Faith from every city following this religion in other civilizations.)
    Enhancer Belief: Monastic Isolation (Your religion's pressure never drops due to losses in theological combat.)

Barbarian camps seem to pop up pretty aggressively in Civ 6, so Initiation Rights will help me kill two birds with one stone, building up my faith reserves and protecting my territory at the same time. Divine Inspiration lets me turn a non-faith resource (production) into more faith. Mosques is obviously the best worship belief for anyone who intends to spread aggressively. I'm surprised pilgrimage isn't more popular. It turns your religion into a self-sustaining ouroboros that can just keep pumping out more missionaries continuously. Monastic Isolation will help make sure that once I spread my religion to a city, it's there to stay.

9. nukehumvee

nukehumvee Chieftain

Awesomeness, its symbol will be one of the custom symbols, and its bonuses will depend on my starting conditions.

10. Makenshi

Makenshi Ahoy, ye salty dogs!

Dunno about beliefs atm, but my 1st religion will definitely be PAX ROMANA. :D

11. Sufyan

Sufyan Chieftain

Interesting. I never made up a religion in my Civ V games. I just founded a more or less culturally appropriate religion for the civilization I was playing (Catholicism for Spain, Islam for Turkey etc.).

I will probably play Barbarossa first, so I'll be Catholic and build cathedrals. Roleplaying matters much for my enjoyment of the game. I often forewent building particular wonders in my Civ V games because they did not fit my civilization, and turned my cities and their surrounding land into topically and aesthetically themed "characters".

Is that unusual?

12. isau

isau Warlord

I usually use the Islam icon (the moon) because its the easiest one to read.

I don't have a sense yet of the various beliefs so it's hard to say which ones I'll pick. Jesuit Education seems similarly outrageously powerful in Civ VI as it was in Civ V so I imagine it would be a good target, if the AI doesn't steal it every time.

13. cazaderonus

cazaderonus Actual Dad.

All i know is it's gonna be named "Harambism" :lol:

14. Plus Ultra

Plus Ultra Conquistador

Ok, why not.

Playing as Spain and going for the Religious victory.

Pantheon. God of War. Bonus faith for each enemy unit killed within 8 tiles of a Holy Site district you own equal to 50% of their strength.
    Founder Belief. Missionary Zeal. Religious units ignore movement costs of terrain and features.
    Follower Belief. Jesuit Education. May purchase Campus and Theater Square district buildings with Faith.
    Worship Belief. Mosque. +3 Faith; Missionaries and Apostles +1 Spread Religion charge

I don't expect to make lots of friends in my first game. :c5razing:

15. Martinus

Martinus Emperor

Given that my first game will be as Egypt:

Name: Cult of Ra-Hoor-Khuit
    Pantheon: Monument to the Gods. Construct Ancient and Classical Wonders 15% faster.
    Founder Belief: Scripture. Religious spread from adjacent city pressure is 25% stronger. Boosted to 50% once Printing Press is researched
    Follower Belief: Work Ethic: +1 Production for each follower
    Worship Belief: Meeting House: +3 Faith; +2 Production

I will focus on wonder building and possibly try to win religiously or culturally. :)

16. JaeChunDaeSung

JaeChunDaeSung Chieftain

I was thinking of this for Japan.

Zen Buddhism
    Pantheon: Divine Spark - +1 Great Person Point from Holy Site (Prophet), Campus (Scientist), and Theater Square (Writer) districts. EXTREMELY VIABLE for Japan since their district adjacency bonus encourages their construction.

Founder Belief: Lay Ministry - Each Holy Site or Theater Square district in a city following this Religion provides +1 Faith or +1 Cult respectively. Japan having a bonus towards time spent building these districts makes this pretty irresistible.

Follower Belief: Zen Meditation - +1 Amenity in cities with 2 specialty districts. Need I say more?

Worship Belief: Pagoda - +3 Faith; +1 Housing - Increasing the Housing cap will allow for district development and employment.

17. thecrazyscot

thecrazyscot Spiffy

I always try for a culturally appropriate one as well. The religion I found depends on what civ I play, which I haven't decided yet.

18. Cyon

Cyon Cosmonaut

This is exactly both the name and belifes i was planning to use as japan, and Japan looks like my favorite civ so far.

19. Bkeela

Bkeela Chieftain

I struggle for hours trying to come up with a name for RPG characters, let alone inventing a religion!

20. Nikolai II

Nikolai II Chieftain

What, no one going for Herpes? "You spread Herpes to Rome!"