1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

What will you be doing untill the patch comes out?

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by CYZ, Jun 23, 2011.

1. cccv

cccv King

Some kind of mod, I guess?

Anyway. I have 4 games I have yet to play, over a dozen DVDs I haven't even opened (most of them being 3-disc sets), and about a dozen books on my "read someday" list. Then there's a few hobbies aside from that that I've been either neglecting or not doing as much as I'd like to. I have yet to get it through my head that obtaining the money for things means I do not have the time to enjoy said things. Life is stupid and so am I.

2. SS-18 ICBM

SS-18 ICBM Oscillator

I'll just go achievement hunting. I hate how the lower difficulty ones aren't automatically unlocked by higher difficulty wins.

3. Ravellion

Ravellion Prince

Play the Denmark scenario before they nerf Longswords (and Berserkers). Sure, cities will be less tough because of walls, but the relative strength compared to pikeman is going to suffer, as well as the hurt being brought by the buffed crossbowman.

4. eric_

eric_ Emperor

Trying to finish my ongoing game so I don't potentially get sunk via happiness mid-way through. Of course, this exact thing happened when the last patch came out and I recovered and won, so maybe it won't be so bad...

5. RedRover57

RedRover57 Emperor

Outside is overrated - skin cancer, etc.

I'm working on my first Deity win (standard pangaea as Mongolia). Turn 225 and am dominating with only 3 AI civs left. I used the 3 RA rush to keshiks, so it's the last time that I will be able to use that strategy pre-patch. Mongolia and their keshiks still look to be a dominant civ post-patch though.

In my spare time I am also working on my Hall of Monuments in Guild Wars. Like CiV, there is an insane amount of "bang for your buck" with that game in terms of sheer content (or replayability in the case of CiV).

6. chaotoroboto

chaotoroboto Warlord

I'm achievement hunting. I'm currently playing a Tiny Earth Napoleon Domination game with the goal of completing the autocracy tree.

7. bronzeager

bronzeager Chieftain

I thought about not playing again until the new patch, but couldn't keep away. MODs are definitely a good way to go for now, as are games at high difficulty levels (since the devs warn that Civ will be harder post patch).

I'm still trying to plow through achievements, which is still fun. Getting the Settler one was interesting... did a Duel Pangea map and tried to win with just warriors and archers. Was a bit trickier than I thought because the pangea was really two landmasses connected by a small land bridge that had a CS on it. Wasted a lot of time trying to take that CS to have a "forward base"

8. CYZ

CYZ Toileteer

I'm planning to try out some really weird game settings/combinations.

First up is an tiny islands Map where I'm going to create one team with me as Denmark together with England versus a team of 4 or 5 Polynesia civs. Going to declare war and never make peace ever.

Anyone have any other suggestions for strange/interesting settings?

9. chaotoroboto

chaotoroboto Warlord

If you hit Shift+Tab, there's a button for viewing your achievements. Scroll down to the first Civ, maptype, victory type, and difficulty level you don't have the achievements for yet.

It makes for strange games.

10. chazzycat

chazzycat Deity

heheh...knock out the hard challenges and the easy difficulty levels at the same time! 5 golden ages is no problem on Settler...lol

11. flairin

flairin Prince

ive been sleeping a bit more, that will surely change with the patch

12. Gre_Magus

Gre_Magus Manet

Playing Hearts of Iron 3. If you've never tried it, and Civ seems too "casual", give it a try, it is very fun. Not without some bugs and rough spots, but very, very fun.

13. bryanw1995

bryanw1995 Emperor

Working on as many deity wins as possible now before it actually becomes hard to win. Post-patch immortal hopefully won't seem so bad after that!

14. Tabarnak

Tabarnak Cut your lousy hairs!

Go outside...

Argh! A sun! I didn't remember about that....my eyes!!!

15. BobDole

BobDole American Leader in Civ VI

Trying to finish my current game (using Germany) before the patch. I always dislike loading an old game with a new patch, but especially this time, where there's so many balance changes. Don't want to hop into a new game and watch my happiness plummet or something, so I'd rather just get it out of the way. Once the game's over I'm probably not playing until the patch, which should be a really interesting one...

16. Polycrates

Polycrates Emperor

Depends when it arrives......the HoI3 For The Motherland expansion is out on the 28th......

Until then, trying to get some actual work done...

17. Uniform Sierra

Uniform Sierra Warlord

I might start CiV right now, I'm not too excited about the upcoming patch, so I'd like to get a few more victories in before everything changes.

18. Kevin J

Kevin J Hewer of Wood

Honor change isn't relevant yet, still pre-patch, but yes, these are easy settings. Thal's mod surprised me on Immortal, so I moved to a sure-win setting for a follow-up :D

19. Gamemaster77

Gamemaster77 PC > Mac

Try a scenario maybe, try to learn how to code LUA...:undecide:
    I just really don't want to start a new game because I want to be able to get the replay screen at the end.

20. Lance of Llanwy

Lance of Llanwy King

Playing Crusader Kings. Played as Kingdom of Denmark and gave little Harold Godwineson a county.
    His son inherited a county in Austria. My goal, of course, is to restore the family line to the English crown. That dastardly usurper's line of cretins has already driven faire England into great distress...
    Either that, or make like a Hapsburg.