What win gives the most points?

Discussion in 'CivRev - Strategy & Tips' started by Snippa, Jul 15, 2008.

1. Snippa

Snippa King of Chaos

Domination Victory seems to be the easiest for me to get on all difficulty levels so far (I've had Domination Victories on all but diety so far). My highest ranking so far is #4.

I'm just wondering if space race, cultural, or economic victories give more points.

A side note, I'm a bit amazed at how much easier it is to move up in difficulty on civ:rev than on civ4... the games seem to take a little bit longer, but still the same result. :)

2. CrashXVII

CrashXVII Chieftain

I think it has more to do with wonders built, cities, ect. I've scored on top in one game, that being an economic victory with America on warlord. I was just prolonging the win at the end. With one of my cities producing 3000+ gold per turn after I payed to rush the internet, and all my competitors still very low on the tech tree I just started buying all the wonders left available.

I remember my higher scores in Civ IV coming from very short games, but so far quick wins in Rev haven't put me higher on the ranking board.

3. KAZUY4

KAZUY4 Warlord

Tech victory. Every time I have a Technology victory in Deity I'm ranking N#1

4. eireksten

eireksten Protective/Organized

On my last (greek) tech victory on deity, I was ranked on the bottom half, if I remember correctly.

5. KAZUY4

KAZUY4 Warlord

Depends the way you play. If you stay in you side all the time probably you will receive less points that someone who has a half domination/tech victory. I not sure how point works but everytime I play Tech or cultural on deity I got ranked #1

6. Reed

Reed Chieftain

Yeah, generally, I rank #1 when I establish all the victory conditions before choosing which one to take.
    Since this requires you to stay well the modern era, I think it matters more how much you develop your civilization, rather than which victory you pick.

7. bonafide11

bonafide11 Worker

So there's no bonus in getting an early domination victory :sad:

8. Im_An_Eejit

Im_An_Eejit Chieftain

Rank #1 Deity Tech
    Rank #1 Deity Domination.
    Others wernt as high so i don't remember them.

But on the tech victory i could have won any victory. I was in complete control basically.

9. Jewman

Jewman Prince

well i dont think its so much the tech victory that gives the most points.
    its the fact that it takes so much longer to do.
    the later u win the bigger cities, more wonders, and stuff u have.
    so u get more score.

10. I-am-a-panda

I-am-a-panda

It depends on how you play it. Build a space ship with loads of addons gives you more points but the earlier the better. Culture relies on the amount of great peaople, wonders, and flipped cities. Domination basically on how quick you do it and economic on the amount of gold you have.