What worries you the most about the Civ 5 yet?

What annoys you mostly?

• Super-secret unit.

Votes: 42 12.3%
  • Weak wording.

Votes: 33 9.6%
  • Graphics (trading posts, hexagonal clouds, etc.)

Votes: 16 4.7%
  • Changes in diplomacy.

Votes: 19 5.6%
  • Removal of religion.

Votes: 86 25.1%
  • Removal of espionage.

Votes: 35 10.2%
  • Removal of corporations.

Votes: 25 7.3%
  • Expected lack of balance.

Votes: 25 7.3%
  • Publishing (Steam, Deluxe edition, DLC).

Votes: 161 47.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 81 23.7%

• Total voters

stealth_nsk

Deity
My points are:

1. Super-secret unit. We'll know about it anyway in a couple of days after release and I hate to have some info not included in-game.

2. Poor and ambiguity wording. Like "Effectiveness and spawn rate of Great Generals increased" without actual number, or "50% chance of converting a Barbarian naval unit to your side and earning 25 Gold" without pointing when these chances are checked. I fear translations could make these even worse.

Their whole approach to marketing and PR seems very amateurish and unprofessional. I mean, it would be fine if this was just some random game, but the civilization series is one of the most famous game series ever made. I get the feeling that 2k games is counting on the name alone being enough to sell the game, which (although it is probably true) makes me worry that they're also taking the same approach to actually making the game. Hopefully that's not true, but it worries me.

Other: Land units transforming into transports. I'd prefer it if the AI could be designed to use transposrts more effectively, seems like a bit of a cop out, but will trust in Firaxis.

And Steam, release day DLC etc.

I have no worries about gameplay because i know it will be the best strategy game.
My only worries are about the DLC model they are going to apply. Because if most content will be released through i'm sure we are going to see less content paying a lot more.If their model is DLC +Expansions then i'm fine with that.

Other: Land units transforming into transports.

Hmm... That's the first time I hear anyone have problems here.
Personally I think dedicated transports aren't compatible with 1UPT, and land units auto transforming to transports worked extremely well in Panzer General series.

Modding and multiplayer, because 2K and Firaxis aren't saying anything about them yet, and it might be because there isn't anything good to say about them yet.

Modding and multiplayer, because 2K and Firaxis aren't saying anything about them yet, and it might be because there isn't anything good to say about them yet.

AFAIK they've said about both:
1. It will be the most moddable Civ, using Lua as scripting language, etc.
2. Yes, there will be a lot of multiplayer options, including HotSeat and PBEM. And the diplomacy system is MP-oriented.

what i think PoM means is that they have not gone into specifics about them, sure they may have said it "will be the most moddable Civ" but they have not told us how, sure its using Steam for multiplayer but how will that work. I think a timely Community article might be good to clear these things up.

I don't think any of the gameplay changes are a big deal - all seem to be moves for the better. Every new version of Civ has tweaks to gameplay (and sky is falling reactions along with love).

I don't care for Steam and I'm not happy about being forced to install it if I want to play Civ 5.

I don't like the DLC model period and don't think it's appropriate for Civ. Pure greed by 2K. I wish Firaxis had a different parent company or no parent company like in the good old days.

Not worried about the game, it will be awesome \o/

I hate what they are doing with packages, DLC, deluxe edition, collector edition, ecc. It's still not clear what's the better option because we don't know when, how and at what price the DLC (like Babylon) will be available for people who didnt get it in the original package. Epic fail.

Another thing that worries me (but I don't see it in your options) is that we will probably not get a finished game at release. Multiplayer and modding tools have yet to be revealed and have not been included in any preview released so far. They are probably beeing developed now, so I fear that they will either not make it for the release day or be full of bugs.

Another thing that worries me (but I don't see it in your options) is that we will probably not get a finished game at release. Multiplayer and modding tools have yet to be revealed and have not been included in any preview released so far. They are probably beeing developed now, so I fear that they will either not make it for the release day or be full of bugs.

Yes, the issue about modding and multiplayer already appeared in comments. I wish 2KGreg will write something about soon.

That the claimed modest hardware requirements will be untrue and my laptop won't run it. A turn based strategy game should not require muscular hardware. Graphics and AI should be downgradable to run on smaller machines. It's only a fancy game of chess after all, and you can play that on wristwatches.

Not worried about gameplay though. I have faith that it's being built by gamers.

Or moddability, I'll be happy to play it for 6 months and they can bring out mod tools during that time for all I care.

Or multiplayer. Why would they make it worse than Civ 4? The weak link in any MP game is the people, or at least RL intruding, not the software.

In short I'm a granary half full kind of guy. Bring it on :drool:

Yes, the issue about modding and multiplayer already appeared in comments. I wish 2KGreg will write something about soon.

He said he will by the end of the month. I have the hope this feature will heavily be demonstrated in the Gamescom next week.

Regarding the poll : I also have no worries about the game, it will not only be the best civ, but also the best game, and even the best entertainment ever made. Call me a civ 5 enthusiast.

DLCs however, I'm worried about, for obvious reasons widely discussed on CFC forums.

I hate what they are doing with packages, DLC, deluxe edition, collector edition, ecc. It's still not clear what's the better option because we don't know when, how and at what price the DLC (like Babylon) will be available for people who didnt get it in the original package. Epic fail.

You forgot one. We don't know if Babylon will be available for people who didn't get it in the original package. The people who want Babylon have no way to make an informed decision.

Too little emphasis on trade. Especially international trade. Limited strategic resources was a big plus though.

Removal of Health & the removal of Religion are my key bugbears so far!

Aussie.

Too little emphasis on trade. Especially international trade. Limited strategic resources was a big plus though.

Oh yeah, the lack of international trade routes does bug me-strange that I forgot about that for a moment ;)!

Aussie.

I'm disappointed that there is so much focus on military and warmongering. Too many of the Social policies and special abilities just foster a military strategy. I liked it in Civ4 that you could concentrate on so many other areas like religion, peaceful building, etc. Now it seems to me that it is only a war-game accompanied by some building and tech aspects.

Top Bottom