What would you build next?

Herod

Warlord
My previous win was a science victory so this is a dom game with no barbs, pangea/small, I have 1 warrior just off screen and 1 scout further away.
I've put science as a priority to rush some advanced units, built an early campus to get the mountain bonus and was going to build a library next (I've discounted a second scout due to a small map) but I think there's something to be said for a settler/archer first because of the mountain bonus and then possibly even a trader or builder before the library. An early second city to the north would soon provide 2 copper/1 mercury/1 fish/1 crab or 2 copper/1 mercury/1 fish/1 fur.
The one opponent I have met is friendly for the time being so there's no rush to defend.
My policies are double experience recon points and +1 hammers, and techs are pottery/animal/mining and writing.

I would build a settler for the west river. I would not have built a campus yet.

I had a +4 science campus spot once that early and I figured it was worth early campus.

I'd put one turn towards the library, and then build an archer. After that, start getting settlers up.

It doesn't look to me like London has built any builders at all; so I'd build that right away since you've turned off barbs (if barbs were on, you'd need military units close to home first) ; actually I'd have built that builder before the campus.

Following completion of the builder, then a settler west.
And probably a second settler following that, but might be a trader if it looks like two settlers in a row would cause the city to shrink.

I don't regret building the early campus because it gave me +2 beakers straight away which will snowball my tech lead, Bud is right the second city should be on the west river. I built settler/builder/library.
The library has just finished and London has 6 pop (1 pop gives 0.70 beakers) and the second city on the west river still has 1 pop. So with the library I have (7x0.7) + 2 (palace) + 2 (library) + 2 (mountain) = 10.9 beakers.
The second city is producing a granary and I'm thinking of producing trader/archer/settler at the palace, during the archer build I will get to change policies for free and will select the +50% production toward settlers.

I built a third city on the south river which was defended by 1 archer, Washington is not too far away. Teddy declared war on me so I purchased a chariot and a second archer and started picking off his warriors he was sending to Liverpool. I met Catherine who was friendly but I was immediately at war with her so they must have had an alliance. I defeated 8 warriors during which Teddy tried to make peace twice and twice I refused. I decided not to attack Washington (for the time being) and once all his units were taken care of I made peace for 200g, 15gpt and his only luxury. The AI is fairly stupid, Ted was moving injured units into range of my archers inviting me to finish them off.
Gilgamesh, who has a larger military, is friends with me so I'll keep him sweet until such time I decide to trim his expectations.

Top Bottom