1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

What would you do for the USA in CIV terms?

Discussion in 'Civ4 - General Discussions' started by Nuka-sama, Feb 12, 2007.

1. Nuka-sama

Nuka-sama See ya! It has been a fun decade!

If you were bush, what would you do?

1) I'd switch to Police State. WW must be killing us

2) Switch to vassalage, extra XP for our units

3) Get back to Slavery, so we can cranck out Mech Inf, modern Armors, and Barracks

4) Switch to State Property, no distance from the White House costs any more

5) Switch to Organised religion, and make the state religion Buddaism, for better relations with China (and me :lol:)

6)Whip 3 budhist missionaries, and spread the religion to the deep south, Texas, and Missouri

7) Make Iraq and Afghanastan my vassal

8) Pull out, and start taking over North and South America.

9) While mexico may be a little tough, Canada will be easy. If they don't surrendur immmediatly, we have a local little leauge team standing by

10) Make a landing at Oxford. Make sure to kill my annoying cousins. Then, go a few squares up to find my boarding school. Get my GF out, and then destroy it.

11) make UK my vassal

12) Recreate the Normandy landings, and annex France

By then I should have a cultural, or domination victory :D

What would you guys do?

2. gamedude107

gamedude107 Permanoob(i play settler)

if i was america id
    1:use the new SECRET HAARP to control the weather and pwn all my enemies,

2:id give England loads of stuff for nothing cos im english :)

3: get those troops to leave iraq since America already has LOADS of oil

4: Rush ICBMs tell the UN to STFU OR FEEL MY NUKES!

5: Nuke all the annoying peoples houses :)

3. Galileo44

Galileo44 Great Scientist

You don't need any more oil, we already have at least one source in Texas. That is enough for any number of units forever. So, end the war now and pay everyone to go to Free Religion. Then show true colors by Bush calling a revolt to a Police State/Bureaucracy/Slavery/Mercantilism/Christian Theocracy! :p

4. ChicagoCubs

ChicagoCubs Prince

I would need to consult the diplomatic screen first.

Luckily, all of the other civs have already had their UU and the USA still has theirs. Time to put it to good use.

5. trundle

trundle Warlord

Hm... we've got 43 turns until the game's over?

Domination and Conquest are both probably out -- we're behind on both land and population, and there are still loads of civs in play for conquest. Which leaves cultural, space race, or diplomatic.

I don't know how we're doing on cultural -- we've got Broadway in NY, Rock and Roll in Nashville, and Hollywood in LA. But I suspect Nashville is lagging well behind the 50k mark. Maybe somewhere else (San Francisco, Boston, Philadelphia) is closer? It might or might not be possible, depending how close that third city is.

Space race is probably possible on CIV's terms (not in real life) -- dump everything into researching fusion. Use the GE from that to build the space elevator. Then genetics (I don't think we have the mastery of genetics implied in CIV yet) and we have all the other necessary techs, I think. Drop research altogether after that and use the cash to rush the elevator if it's not done yet. I expect that given our present situation, we could launch in 2030 or so. Certainly before anyone else: most of them don't even have Apollo yet, much less the necessary techs.

Diplomatic is, sadly, not possible at this point I think. Really, though, I think the best option is to load the autosave from 2000, wait until 2001, and go for diplo win. It would be us (for building UN) versus China (population), so most of the major powers are on our side. We'll have "Our mutual military struggle..." with many of the AIs from Afghanistan, so I think we could pull it off.

EDIT: I forgot to mention -- for either space race or cultural, we'll need to end the war in Iraq. This WW is killing our economy. Switching to Police State is a terrible option (no matter what victory we're trying for, even conquest): most of our hammers come from towns. If we're going to do that, we need to go State Property and quickly change over to workshops/watermills.

6. Norton II

Norton II Emperor

More like Serfdom, I think, given that we pay on average in taxes about the same as a serf had to turn over to his lord. And maybe Nationhood in case they decide to start the draft again.

7. gettingfat

gettingfat Emperor

Actually, the only possible win for US right now is "diplomatic" win. Bush can simply unleash all the nukes on every single major city outside US border, and pray (Bush has a personal phone line to the higher force) for the slow response of China and Russia so the counterattack won't destroy US as well. Condi can immediately force a UN meeting and vote Bush as the general governor. Because there should be no non-Americans left he will be elected.

Of course, if he choose to play for a few more turns after the win the nuclear ice age will kick in and destroy US as well, but the win has been in the bag. How often you click that "one more turn" button anyway?

8. kt_atis

kt_atis Chieftain

9. King Flevance

King Flevance Deity

Actually I think our game is bugged. Washington D.C. has one of the highest crime rates (corruption) in the country.

10. Nuka-sama

Nuka-sama See ya! It has been a fun decade!

Why havent we built a courthoudse there?

We need a great artist, so then we can give SF a boost for a culture win

@kt atis Havent you noticed? Isreal is already or vassal :lol:

11. Elras

Elras Chieftain

Nuclear Kid unleashed....Political Discourse! :eek:

> 11) make UK my vassal

We'll I hate to tell ya...but we've been that for 50 years already :)

You mean...you didn't notice :(

Cheers
    Elras 'tell me when lord..tell me when'

12. Elras

Elras Chieftain

Nukie Boy wrote:-

> @kt atis Havent you noticed? Isreal is already or vassal

I fear that reality of the master/vassal situation may be
    reverse of the above. :)

Keeping it real folks!

Elras

13. TrailblazingScot

TrailblazingScot I was kittenOFchaos

I'd build me some recycling plants to improve the health of my citizens, pass nuclear-weapons non-proliferation so no one can nuke us and then bomb our enemies into the stone age with stealths, and then bomb them some more.

14. Bursk

Bursk Warlord

End up with a rating of 'Dan Quayle'.

15. Joxer

Joxer Warlord

I would switch religions to Islam, bribe Iraq to fight Iran. Give them the wheel or something as payment.

I would then switch to Confucianism and bribe China to invade N. Korea. Probably have to give them something better like economics but doable.

Then switch to Free Religion and wait for the inevitable nuclear launch. Then the whole world would attack Iran and N. Korea for using their nukes and enjoy the fun.

16. Mountain Wumpus

Mountain Wumpus Chieftain

edit: nevermind political commentary.

So what would I do? Um... zerg rush Canada!

17. gamedude107

gamedude107 Permanoob(i play settler)

BTW HAARP exists and so do aliens!

HAARP is easy to prove just go youtube and search it

18. tycoonist

tycoonist Deity

uk has not been vassalized... we're still playing vanilla!

19. Blaarg

Blaarg Prince

Unfortunately for Bush, and fortunately for the rest of us, he doesn't have the kind of control over the United States, that the leaders have in civ.

I'm sure if it were up to him, he'd switch the civics to Police State/Nationhood/Free Market/Theocracy/Christian State Religon...I'm not sure what he'd do for Labor...but I'm sure it wouldn't be good for the working man.

20. shmily_dana

shmily_dana Warlord

It would be interesting...

my Aegis cruisers cease to exist
    My B2 and B52 bombers cannot fly intercontinental missions. They can only go mid way across the oceans.
    All my fighters are exactly the same as everyone elses.
    Submarines no longer have any land attack capabilities (no tomahawks, no nukes) (The Navy has almost no ability to attack a land target and can not sink a ship)

On the bright side, I have domestic oil supplies. I don't need any other source of oil.
    I now control "spices" in Afghanistan...(although this is +happiness and -health)
    Maybe the Sec Gen of the United Nations will propose "No Nukes"
    I can send all my "great artists" (the dixie chicks, Steisand) to Iraq to quiet things down.

I must try to win the space race!