1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

What would you do for the USA in CIV terms?

Discussion in 'Civ4 - General Discussions' started by Nuka-sama, Feb 12, 2007.

1. speedy55

speedy55 Chieftain

It's all this simple.

We already went to the moon. We won the space race years ago. We're just so addicted we're still playing.

2. LucyDuke

LucyDuke staring at the clock

I retire. There's no way in hell that this game can be won in another 43 turns.

Either that, let it all go to hell anyway (since we can't save-state and play another game in this particular scenario), and blame my predecessor. :D

3. Nuka-sama

Nuka-sama See ya! It has been a fun decade!

Actually, Sid was kinda getting bored playing Vanilla, so he paused time, saved the game, and modded the save for Warlords. We've omnly been at Warlords for one turn, so you may not have noticed it yet ;)

4. Norton II

Norton II Emperor

Nope, we've only completed the Apollo Program--we have to go to Alpha Centauri to win the space race.

5. vilemerchant

vilemerchant Prince

First thing that needs to be done is figure how to stop being Israel's vassal.

6. Mercenary82

Mercenary82 King

I would go for time victory since its unlikely we could get a conquest or domination by 2050, but we can capture enough territory to keep us first in score, India and China are catching up fast though. First we need to pull all our troops out of Iraq and Afganisthan, then I would invade Canada and Mexico for the territory and population, then Venezuela for the oil, with the rest of South America to follow. Eventually, annexing all of North and South America should be enough to ensure a time victory.

7. Capt Buttkick

Capt Buttkick Emperor

Nah, Free Market is a better civic when there are so many other civs to trade with. Just jump the Palace to Kansas :p

You're really asking two different questions here. If I were Bush, I'd probably start bombing Iran.
    What I'd do for the USA is another matter.
    1) End war to get rid of the War Weariness.
    2) Reestablish good relationships with my trading partners.
    3) Sell excess Hit Movies, Hit Singles and Hit Musicals for gpt.
    4) Get back on the sci track and prepare for the launch. I've built all space parts in 10 turns in a recent game so research will be the key here.

Got to say New York and L.A. must be over the legendary culture mark, so if another Andy Warhol could pop up soon, the only problem would be convincing him to move to Nashville :lol:

Anyway, the US are probably looking good for a 2050 timeline victory on score. I can only see China as a real competitior for that title, but they don't have as many vassals as the US...

8. kristopherb

kristopherb Protective/Charismatic

UK
    1)pillage the oil in iraq
    2)pull all out of iraq
    3)biuld nuclear power plants /hydro plants
    4)watch america fail to keep the peace
    5)invade mexico and all oil countries and give it the status as Scotland isto England

9. aronnax

aronnax Let your spirit be free

1)Pull out of Iraq and end the war.
    2)Stop researching nuclear and spend it on the economy
    3) Rearm and murder Iran
    4) Vassal Iran

10. Blaarg

Blaarg Prince

1. Load the Autosave back in 1999.
    2. Elect Al Gore.

11. yena

yena King

It takes a n00b like Bush to turn a comfortable lead to looming defeat in 8 turns :cry: I think he will not be able win from this position.

However, if I got a copy of Bush's latest save I would probably do something like this:

The WW is bad, and still Bush is setting up the army for an attack on Iran. Some scouting reveals lots of troops in the border cities, and a navy which could be serious trouble. Also, the cultural pressure means that we could lose our beachhead cities at any turn. I decide to cut loose, and gift the Iraqi cities to our vassal Israel. They are down to one city on the coast, so they won't count for much towards victory anyway :crazyeye:

Back at peace, I will try for a diplomatic victory. I rush-build the UN in New York with a spare GE, and check the diplomatic screen. China will be our main contender (because of population), and I will need India and Russia on our side. They are on friendly and cautious, respectively, so this will take some work.:scan:

I'll bribe backwards Pakistan to declare on India, and in the next turn I declare on Pakistan for the mutual struggle modifier :mischief: I will keep this war going as long as possibe, so I don't need to send lots of troops.

I'll also revolt to Russia's favourite civic (HR). Not good for my economy, but with my army back in my cities the people are very happy. With some luck I will get a diplomatic win in the next election... :king:

12. None_Existant

None_Existant Chieftain

Take my nukes and nuke the world with'em, wait 1-3 (no idea when the UN was built) turns and vote myself king of the world. After that, I hand over the country to my succsesor which will hve to deal with a nuclear war and every nation in the world furious at me. However, I won. :D

13. Technocactus

Technocactus Lurker

Invade Canada.

14. Capt Buttkick

Capt Buttkick Emperor

You do know it's already been built? Lucky for you, it's in NY already ;) :p

Hm, rule by the grace of god and without actually winning an election. If you asked me, I'd say the US are already in HR [pimp]

15. snipperrabbit!!

snipperrabbit!! Deity

I will avoid to attach any units to general Pietrus !

16. Linthar

Linthar Chieftain

First thing first I'll pull out of iraq. As others have said I already have a source of oil, and theres far to much desert for any of the cities to be useful.

Once my armies are home (which should be fast if I rushbuy a few airports) I will gift those cities away to China. Their's constant revolts so its likely that it won't be long before they become part of some middle east nation, but I might get a slight diplomatic bonus with China this way, and of course they would cost more in matitance then they would provide in income.

Then I would decide whether to go for a time or space victory. If space I start building what parts I can and focus on research. If time I'll invade Cananda for extra points.

17. ZeepZeep

ZeepZeep Chieftain

But Soviets were first in the space. So brother Russia won?

18. Winston Hughes

Winston Hughes Wrathful Warlock Retired Moderator

I'm not sure if it counts as 'hereditary rule', but it does seem that the presidency is a joint Bush/Clinton family possession. If they elect Hillary next, and she serves two terms, that'll be 27 years of two-family rule.

(After that? It's either Chelsea, or a joint Jenna/Barbara presidency :high5: )

19. LucyDuke

LucyDuke staring at the clock

Somehow, that manages to be even more terrifying than eight years of dubya...

20. Capt Buttkick

Capt Buttkick Emperor

Yes, I know. It's like the Grady twins in the Shining taking over the office :lol:

Edit: I just remembered what a creep their dad was... :rolleyes: [pimp]