• Other Religion- No

Votes: 7 6.2%
  • Nonreligious-Yes

Votes: 9 8.0%
  • Nonreligous- No

Votes: 68 60.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
No. There are a lot of preachers that preach what jesus supposedly said and I couldn't care less what they have to say. Even if I agreed with them I don't understand why you gotta follow them why not just accept the message and get on with your life?

I tend to be a believer in this Gandhi quote

"I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ"

If he spoke at the Republican Convention he would be torn limb from limb and lynched on the spot.

He's not claiming to be a reincarnation. He's not claiming divinity.

Then you're changing Jesus for the sake of argument. If it's not the same Jesus, the question is invalid.

Turn the other cheek, give your neighbor your robe if he sues you, etc.

I would sue him so that I could have the Robe of Jesus. Then I would dress up as Jesus every Halloween.

But otherwise I wouldn't pay him much attention. We have plenty of preachers preaching all sorts of messages these days and if I wanted to follow a man of god I would have already found one I like.

It is the same Jesus. I left out his divinity because I wanted to see whether or not Christians would only follow Jesus' ideals if he were Magik.

But Christians believe that the purpose of Jesus becoming incarnate in the first place was to die for the sins of mankind. Take away his divinity, and he's just a nice guy, unable to do anything for our salvation.

If that's the Jesus you are creating, then I would probably support him like any other good-hearted minister. The thread title is deceiving.

I tend to be a believer in this Gandhi quote

"I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ"

I hear that quote tossed around so often, but haven't you considered the many good Christian communities across the world? We're not all televangelists and politicians.

If he spoke at the Republican Convention he would be torn limb from limb and lynched on the spot.

Maybe. But where are you basing your idea of who Christ is in the first place?

Check his papers first. Then get him signed on to welfare.:rolleyes:

If he started performing miracles that nobody could ever explain, I would still not believe in him as God.

If God himself reached down from the heavens and took me on a tour of the universe, showing his magnificence, omnipotence, and omniscience, I would not believe in this entity as God. (where God denotes an omnipotent, omniscient being)

I would give him a hug thiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiis big!

Also for the sake of the exercise, let us assume no divinity or special powers. Only one man who attracts large crowds to preach parables about his ideals.
He was an apocalyptic preacher first and foremost. Without any special powers, or any evidence to back his stuff up, such as being the messiah, he's just a loon.

He's not claiming to be a reincarnation. He's not claiming divinity.
Ok so he's now just a generally nice person called Jesus? There are plenty of nice people around the world. Why not follow all of them.

So, my answer is still no.

While I'd like to hope that I'd recognize the call, if I were to be honest with myself, a guy preaching peace & love as you describe in the OP without the miracles to back him up likely wouldn't draw my attention in a world of 6 billion.

More to the point, we have a pretty sizeable population of people right now doing just what the OP describes: telling parables, preaching of the need to turn the other cheek, forgive your borrowers, etc. Teaching the exact same things Jesus taught. All the while having no miracles to their credit. They're called pastors, and my guess is you can't name more than a handful. Granted many are likely not as gifted orators, but still without the miracles, there's unfortunately little to differentiate the real deal.

provided he cannot perform magical tricks...
i would expect him to be atleast able to give satisfaction answers to how the universe is created, why the dinosaurs disappears, why god kill the egyptians, where the dead people goes before his cruxification, where the dead people goes before they heard of Christianisty ? Are the other gods fake ? How they live in heaven ? what they do in heaven ? Is sex a sin ? Should sex be pleasurable ? Will or has he enjoy sex ? Why and why not ? Who created god ? What does god do before he created the universe ? and before that. and before before that. How to cure aids ? How to solve poverty ? Is communism evil ? Is capitalism Evil ? Why and why not.

Im hard to please.

Top Bottom