What Would You Do If Someone Cut The Line?

general_kill

Deity
You're in line for something with a dozen other people and you are somewhere in the middle of the line. A guy runs up and cuts to the front of the line. The old woman he cut is a push over and says nothing, the people around you just exchange some stares but no one says anything. What would you do in this situation?

Let's make the assumption that he cut the line intentionally and no one was saving any spots for him. There is also no special circumstances that would warrant cutting in this scenario.

Edit: I just saw an interesting video of a woman who cut in front of 7 guys... What happens next may not be what you expect:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMIuG3HvV0Y

Depends how tough looking he is, whether he seems like in a genuinely rush (& might have a legitimate excuse) or just a jerk & how badly I give a damn about what it is I'm waiting for & how badly I assess other people care.

Likely I wouldn't do anything... but since is the Internet - "Yo, I'd beat his ass cuz!".

Grab his arm and beat him into unconsciousness with my fists, elbows, knees and feet. Then grab whatever item I was in line for and leave before the cops show up. I have anger issues, people like this set me off all the time.

I will then cut in front of him/her

Kill his first born, steal his woman. :evil:

Likely I wouldn't do anything... but since is the Internet - "Yo, I'd beat his ass cuz!".
:lol: touché

Personally, I'd not to anything, apart from rolling my eyes maybe (and maybe making some derogatory remark concering Germans/Zürcher :mischief:). Petty stuff like this just isn't worth getting all worked up, IMHO.

I wouldn't do anything. Take issue with something that truly matters.

Although, who knows, Broken Windows theory may be correct.

I would definitely say something, such as "uh I don't think so pal" or the simple and multi-purpose "hey man?" Every single other person behind him will be on your side at that point, and if mr. douche bag doesn't want to move after polite but firm encouragement, his supreme douchiness is exposed to the word. People that have tried this usually attempt a lame excuse and then move, both times this was at a ball game in the beer line incidentally.

Resorting to fisticuffs is going a little far in my opinion.

Depends how many drinks are in me, the more intoxicated, the more likely I am to say something directly to him.
But seeing as I don't know why I'd be in a line drunk, not much. Maybe a remark. Who knows, if I think I can take him I might do more!

Grab his arm and beat him into unconsciousness with my fists, elbows, knees and feet. Then grab whatever item I was in line for and leave before the cops show up. I have anger issues, people like this set me off all the time.

:lol: Maybe it would be a little more therapeutic to grab his/her arm and use it to beat him/her into unconsciousness.

Seriously, people are getting rather rude. I have actually had some soccer mom grab a xbox360 game out of my hand just because it happened to be the only one left on the shelf (Note that there were more back in the stockroom. But please.) :sad:

I'd tell them to get to the back of the effing line. If he didn't go of his own accord I'd notify the clerks that he just cut in front of an old lady, and tell them not to serve him. If he got beligerent and tried to come at me I'd kick him in the knee so he couldn't run away, then toss him on the ground and hold him there until police arrived (while holding him I'd tell someone to phone them).

I hate ignorant bastards like that, almost as much as I hate those morons who try to pile into the bus while people are still getting off (though admittedly it's a lot of fun to just bulldoze them back out the door and onto their asses).

No-one does it in Britain. It's viewed as the most heinous of acts.

If it was deliberate and not opportunistic (like, in a cafeteria line, where people stop for getting food), as described in the OP, I'd probably cut the line in front of him--if it's in the middle of the line, as in the OP.

Get on an internet forum and complain.

Top Bottom