What would you do if you were "god"?

general_kill

Deity
inspired by this topic: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=130534

which didnt exactly ask what I wanted it to ask.

so if you were given the almighty power, and can make anything happen, but refrained yourself to Earth, what would you do?

I would build a paradise on Earth, a secluded island paradise and pick the who i consider to be the elites amoung our population to live there. i'll simply experiment with the island and maybe turn it into a country and expose it to the world. i want to see how the world would react to it. it can be like a modern day atlantis. i dont know why i would do this of all things, it just came to my head.

Well, since I would be God and thus everything I did was the moral good thing to do, I'd do whatever I felt like. I'd torture whoever picked on my in my childhood, I'd make tons of hot girls and make sweet love all day.

But then again, if I was God I would also be very enlightened and far above my thoughts now, so I probably wouldn't do any of the things I mentioned.

Build a paradise in the middle of the Pacific, or in the sky. Where those wanting to see/talk to me must pass through trials to get to me. If they fail, they die.

Plus the ladies and NBA Live '06/Civ 4

Phyiscally, I'd drop a few pounds and maybe get a little more of an athletic figure. I'm not fat, but I'm certainly not underwear advertisement material.

Financially, there would be a limitless supply of money, U.S. dollars and foreign in my wallet at all times. This would be useful for those times when I couldn't snap my finger and have things instantly.

Politically, Castro and those similar to him would suffer an untimely fatal bowel movement or some other equally amusing demise. I'd manipulate elections in some countries to policies that favored my ideology.

Other than that, pretty much enjoy my authority and wealth and that would be about it.

Absolute power on the scale of omnipotence would get boring fast, I think. There are only so many times you can turn a dog into a cat, a cat into a dog, or Bill Frist into a 13 year old girl obessed with B2K before it gets boring.

So I would establish artificial limits to my powers, enforced only by my sense of modesty and humility, that would make things more interesting for me and force me to keep thinking.

i'd probably also reverse time and continued the family guy show when it was canceled. i'd probably also disarmed all weapons of mass destructions and made sure it cannot be made so that wars can be fought conventionally without the fear of mutual destruction, only the destruction of one side.

I would smite thoes who have hurt me psychologicaly and send them strieght to hell.

civgeneral, what ever doesnt kill you make you stronger. getting hurt psychologically is part of growing up. can u imagine yourself never had your feelings hurt? is that who you want to be?

I dunno, ask me when I'm God. Actually, God's God right now...why don't you ask Him?

general_kill said:
civgeneral, what ever doesnt kill you make you stronger. getting hurt psychologically is part of growing up. can u imagine yourself never had your feelings hurt? is that who you want to be?
So should we be thankful to those who hurt us because it made us grow? No way, I doubt they wanted to help me grow. So if we are gods, smite them, smite them good :D

ummmm........ said:
Like that gun in the Hitchhiker's Guide movie . . .

Not quite, this would be a little more powerful. Instead of just understanding their point of view, you'd actually understand how they think. That's a bit deeper, IMO.

Of course!

Now, if you had said "Like that gun in the HitchHiker's movie?" I might have understood what you were saying....;)

But the reply would have been the same.

Oh, and free ice cream for everyone!

Yeah, I thought that the fact that the Hitchhiker gun didn't work on women was very un-Adamsian. Yet he was credited with writing the script . . .

Top Bottom