What you consider to be the most significant differences between the latest beta and stable release?

Raptor Llama

Chieftain
So I haven't played Vox Populi or Civ V in general since 2018, so it's been a while. Now that my graduate semester is over, I have some free time. I was trying to decide between the latest beta and latest stable release via the patch notes, but since the last version I played was so much older than either I didn't really comprehend them too well. Does anyone have a good idea of what differentiates the two versions, and which one would be best for a Marathon YnAEMP game? I'd normally just go with the stable release, but since it's nearly a year older than the beta at this point it seems the differences may be substanital.

the entire skirmisher line has been reworked
the city-state tribute system has been reworked
inquisitors have been reworked
significant improvements to the tactical and diplomatic AI
Significant overhaul of several different unit promotion lines
England was reworked
ancient techs were overhauled

Last edited:
I think several wonders also been moved around and changed a bit, was about to try the stable beta earlier this year but I just couldnt go back, too much had changed.

Forest luxuries no longer require bronze working to chop! Also settling on forest/jungle no longer gives free production before bronze working, bummer.

Aircraft Promotions and mechanics have seen a lot of changes.

Pretty sure the local happiness system was put into place last year.

The happiness system should be unchanged from 7-29-1.

Please, I would to known if the happiness system of last beta is similar to the last stable version
The biggest game changing change was to make food matter by severely reducing the ability to produce settlers. Every settler removes one population from the origin city.
The rest is little changes in the tech tree, religion, promotions, the city strength and now the AI diplomatic logic.

A huge change is that settlers can only produced by cities that are size 4 or higher (from size 2 or higher), which means that the first settler comes out later in general which means that pyramids (that has moved to mining) becomes more valuable and that tradition (free 2 pop in capital) can usually pump out settlers earlier

The happiness system should be unchanged from 7-29-1.

The contrary; trusting your response I did installed 4-17 ver. to find out that happiness system had been fully revised. With stable ver (july 19) I always was around 90-100% approval rating, now I hardly can stay above 40%. I will reload 7-29-1 ver.
You should keep yourself to give response you are not sure about.

40% is roughly the old 80%. It's fine to have 40% approval in latest beta.

The most significant "change" for me is the double/triple XL bug in the current beta, it's pretty hilarious and fun.
Jokes aside i think a whole lot have been changed, modified or overhauled.
Most notably the settler changes, air units promotions & supply and skirmisher line bonuses/maluses according to terrain.

Top Bottom