1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

What's going on here?

Discussion in 'Civ4 - World of Civilization' started by BobTheBull, Jul 17, 2009.

1. BobTheBull

BobTheBull Warlord

The WOC concept sounds very good, but there is hardly any information about how to implement it

I have looked through all the threads here and have found only the sketchiest information and examples of how to make a module, write an xml file, etc.

How are modders supposed to make their mods conform to WOC without any reference materials? Like I say, I have been through all the threads and if it's there I sure missed it.

2. mamba

mamba Deity

There are plenty of modules out there which you can use as examples. Yes, there is not really any comprehensive tutorial on it, but by going through the modules provided by the WoC team, you should have an easy time converting existing definitions to WoC or create new WoC compliant ones.

Or use my mod as an example, it has some stuff the WoC modules do not even do :)

3. TAfirehawk

TAfirehawk WoC Team Manager

4. buck beach

buck beach Prince

I've asked this before. What and where are SVNs? Also what are GBs, great butts??:confused:

5. mamba

mamba Deity

SVNs are repositories in which daa is stored. You can access that data via either your webbrowser or - preferably - via an SVN client like Tortoise.

In this case the data stored in it is obviously all kind of content around the WoC, e.g. converted modules, source code etc., it can be found here.

Oh, an GB is clearly GigaByte.

6. buck beach

buck beach Prince

Excuse my brain fart. Of course GB is gigaByte

Thanks