What's Happening?

MikeCiv

Chieftain
Ok well I downloaded the mod ''legend of revolution'' and its great. Then I tried to make a custom game based on the map ''big europe 50 civs''. I placed around 26 civs all around the world with their appropriate empires with the worldbuilder, added workers and musketmen then advanced the civs to renaissance era. Then I edited the the worldbuilder save to change the starting year, the civics, state religions and civ and leaders names. Now came the time to play and I choosed Britain. Problem is, when I try to speak to france I get a ctd. And whatever civ I play with I cant pass the first turn without a ctd. Can anyone help me please?:)

Whenever a WBS file messes up (world builder save, it's the format used for scenarios), I've found the only way to fix it is by using a debug dll, and fixing the errors the debugger reports. When using a debug dll, make sure you switch Civ4 into Windowed Mode (it's on option you can toggle on in BtS's main CivilizationIV ini file, also while you're there and debugging, turn on python exceptions). A debug dll for LoR 0.9.6 (it's not compatible with 0.9.4 though) can be found here:

http://www.filefront.com/14197091/debug-dll.zip/

Just extract it in the main assets folder of LoR, and let it overwrite the original gamecore.dll Again make sure you run the game in Windowed mod when using a debug dll, otherwise you can get stuck with the assert failure pop ups. There are two harmless asserts you'll get regardless, just ingore them (one shows some file path and says to ingore it, the other is line 10thousand and something in CvCity refering to religions, ignore both of these they are harmless), any other assert failure you get you will need to fix in the WBS. If you have a question as to what an assert failure is saying, post here and someone should be able to figure it out.

Top Bottom