What's next?

Unirid

Chieftain
I was just wondering about the future of FFH. I think I remember that Kael said that he wasn't going to add anything new to the mod (this is after the scenarios were added I think) but he and the other developers were going to iron out the bugs currently in the mod.

I like the story of this mod and it’s the only reason why I still have it on my computer, so naturally I don’t want to see it die out anytime soon. (Especially since Civ 5 is coming!) So I was wondering if Kael or anyone else on the development team had plans to use the setting for a different format. I remember Kael mentioning that he would like to make a modern version of FFH but beyond that I’ve heard nothing. Personally I would like to see a RTS or RPG made out of it (and before you start yelling at me I‘m aware of the effort involved), and I’ve seen a least one person who wanted them to update this mod for Civ 5 once it gets out.

So forgive me if I’m wrong about any of this (I have looked) but do the development team have anymore future plans for FFH?

And on a side note, sorry if I’ve posted this is the wrong area. I got a terrible feeling that I have...

If you had wanted to, and wanted more views and opinions, it might have been better to put this in the main FFH forum.

There has been some talk of a book (Kael is working on it between spending his time with his granddaughter, etc.). As for the game itself, at the moment, all current expansion is being left up to the modmods of FFH. Afaik, there are no plans to expand it to any other genre, unless a modder decides to take the game and port it into that format. However, Kael & co. have currently announced no plans to do so, and there are also currently no plans to port it to Civ 5.

-Colin

Thank you for telling me this. Hopefully in the near future I will be reading the first book of the Fall from Heaven franchise. I was actually hoping for a novel of some sort, so it’s more then enough news to keep me satisfied.

So, anyone else want to add their views on what they would like to see if Kael suddenly had a team of experts behind his back? I wanted to ask this and i see no point in starting another thread when this one is still up.

If you had wanted to, and wanted more views and opinions, it might have been better to put this in the main FFH forum.

Thanks for informing me on that little fact Readercolin, from now on I’ll remember to place these sort of questions in the main forums.

Top Bottom