What's the best CS given UU to your own UU upgrade?

Calouste

Deity
Now that Military City States spawn a specific UU of a civilization that is not in the game, you might occassionally come across one of those UU that upgrades into one of the UUs of the civ that you are playing yourself. Chances for this are of course fairly slim.

So as a creative exercise, what do we think is the best combination for getting a UU from a city state and then upgrading it into your own (assuming they keep the promotions they would keep on a normal upgrade?

For example:
Samurai into Janissaries?
Conquistadors into Hussars?
Cossacks into Panzers?

I got tercios from a city state just as my UU became obsolete/I upgraded them already :(

Janissary with full (not sure about in G&K) into Carolean with march would be cool. You would keep healing on the move and heal fully (or is it less in G&K) with a kill.

Last night as Sweden the CS kept giving me Narusan's Elephants. Is it usually the same unit over and over in the same game or from the same CS?

Hussar into a Panzer could be cool as long as the extra GG bonuses would stay on promotion. I know the no city penalty on Mandekalu and Conquistadors used to disappear on promotion or they would be cool to promote to Panzers. :(

I would think Hussars into Panzers would be pretty wicked.

African Forest Elephant into Narasuan's Elephant

Maori Warrior into Legion

Mohawk Warrior would be a welcome addition to any army

Legion to Foreign Legion is what I have going now. The coolness factor is a 10.

Janissary with full (not sure about in G&K) into Carolean with march would be cool. You would keep healing on the move and heal fully (or is it less in G&K) with a kill.

Last night as Sweden the CS kept giving me Narusan's Elephants. Is it usually the same unit over and over in the same game or from the same CS?

Yes, as long as the unit is available (i.e. you have the tech that enables it and not yet the tech that obsoletes it), it will be the only one they give you.

Horse Archers into Keshiks, you start with a free promotion, meaning you only need 60 XP instead of 100XP to get Logistics.

Top Bottom