What's the best pace to play this mod on?

LastChime

Chieftain
Found this mod the other day and I absolutely love the way the tech tree and units have been reworked.

The only issue I have so far is that in my current game as Songhai, it's about 130 BC and my neighbor alexander has pikeman and carracks... Now I've been pressing for education so I could theoretically be in the same place but I'm pushing science hard. Haven't worried so much about it but just the timing seems off and it's a touch immersion breaking.

I was wondering if this mod was perhaps designed with a different game pace in mind as I'm playing on Marathon and are there any changes I can make to make the timing work better with my preferred game pace.

Marathon speed should already have a higher tech cost in the mod on top of the increased cost from the game speed. The mod is balanced around standard speeds, but should work fine in marathon or epic (or quick) speed.

There appear to be issues with science accumulation at the moment for some which might be more likely causing rapid tech-ing (such as for medieval units in the "classical era"). It's possibly a bug rather than an immersion problem in other words.

I play on marathon with this mod almost exclusively. Sometimes the dates don't really match up well with the pace of techs. Not sure about this particular version, but I found that to be the case with older versions of the mod.

What I do is go to the advanced setup options and disable the time victory. That way you don't have to worry about what year it is. You play until someone wins.

Found an easy fix actually, there's a +160% research cost mod that lines it up better classical usually hits round 1500 bc and the science heavy civs hit medieval round 0, with most others following at about 600 AD works well enough and I always turn off time anyhow I've always felt it's a lame victory condition.

The years are off on epic speed, too - I believe it's a fault of the high difficulties we play the game on (You have to research fast to counter the AI bonuses).

Top Bottom