Whats the best way to "resurrect" another civilization through World Builder?

LukeAtmey

Warlord
This question came up in a game I was playing a euro civilization in the later periods around 1930AD and basically all my neighbors happened to collapse through wars and other reasons leaving nothing but grey all around me. Good thing in a way ofc, but I figured I preferred some challenge and moreover was unwilling to take over some of the indie cities so I tried spawning another civ (byzantines) through the World Builder to occupy those regions. I assigned them indie cities from their core territory, gave them some starting units, assigned them up to date techs (as they otherwise start with no techs at all in the 1700AD scenario) and civics as well as 10 turns of golden age to really get going. However, as soon as I returned to the game from World Builder I saw their stability already on unstable and after 2 or 3 turns they came crashing down and collapsed.

I've previously tried this on another save in a similar situation with the Arabs in 1700AD scenario and they seemed to have no problems and even went on to conquer most of Middle East, Egypt and Anatolia, establishing themselves as rather formidable opponent. Maybe I did something differently, I can't really remember as it was quite a while ago, but maybe ppl here can help me out? What advice can you give me on how to artificially "resurrect" civilizations?

When the Byzantines first fall below four cities, their core shrinks to be just the city of Constantinople (even if they later expand back to more than four cities), so they quickly start having stability problems. That may be the issue.

Top Bottom