What's the difference between Cy and Cv?

GenericKen

Not at all suspicious
I hope you guys don't mind my asking.

1) What's the difference between Cy and Cv?

2) Also, where are the APIs that are *not* defined in the SDK defined (i.e. which dll or library?) I think I'd like to see some of the functions' logic, not that I'd run them through a decompiler or anything... :shifty::shifty::shifty:

3) Why is the SDK's compiled CvGameCore.dll 4.66 megs, but civ's CvGameCore.dll 3.53?

I hope you guys don't mind my asking.

1) What's the difference between Cy and Cv?

Cy defines the exported hooks for the python scripts to grab. Cv is the internal C++ stuff.

2) Also, where are the APIs that are *not* defined in the SDK defined (i.e. which dll or library?) I think I'd like to see some of the functions' logic, not that I'd run them through a decompiler or anything... :shifty::shifty::shifty:

Everyone assumes in the exe.

3) Why is the SDK's compiled CvGameCore.dll 4.66 megs, but civ's CvGameCore.dll 3.53?

Vanilla or warlords? I can only assume you're not using release final profile.

At least for me, and using Visual C++ 2005, it (vanilla SDK) compiles to 3.53 too. It didn't under whatever old compiler I was using, it was ~4.66, so I'm not sure what the deal is. It seems (with minor exceptions caused by human error) to work fine, but if there's some setting I'm overlooking that would explain the change, I'd be interested to know it (so far as I know, I just followed instructions to get the compiler set up...)

-Alex

Top Bottom