Whats the difficulty you can consistently win on?

I am not European, but...

I get "weak female" on my own posts a lot also. Before anyone on this forum has their heart skip a beat though, I am definitely not female :lol:.

Or am I, with a male narrator as a front? ROFL! :rolleyes:

All the 'blow me' and 'sucks my balls' comments in your lets play videos are definitive :lol:

I blame the crappy english language for it's lack of a gender neutral pronouns.

Most pronouns in English are gender neutral, and gender specific ones are often used be default when no sex is really being specified.

don't try to analyze my posts... I am not native speaker so I guess it would came out I am some kind of alien or something...

I guess for me it's Emperor, if I would play more precise and not hasty and not abandoning games I think I could get good percentage on Immortal too.

btw how the map generated with map finder count? if they are included then many people will have pretty low percentages even on settler ;-).

Now that we're back on the original topic again, I would like to nip in and say what an interesting question this is - especially for a long-term HoF player like myself.

I have scarcely played a game to such random settings as Fallen Angel Lord described in 2 or 3 years. Certainly, discarding all starts where there isn't something interesting, useful or powerful around has become standard play for me.

This has gone on too long! I am going to have a go at a few 'Play it the way it is' games. To be honest, I really don't know the answer to the original question any more. I have completed the EQM in the HoF at emperor level, but I'm sure I wouldn't win a very high proportion of random starts/random opposition at that level. Maybe monarch. Maybe even lower!

It's about time I found out...

I used to win about half my starts on diety... but comng back to the game recently ( after nearly 2 years, mostly using mods etc), find that its somewhere between emp/imm level so I've just started playing standard BTS play now random fractall/pangea (still marathon/ huge ;) ) and find i can win monarch but still struggle with emp/imm... i seem to get swampped after biology or infantry, after leading by 20-30% score wise up to then

which is why I'm paying great attention to threads like these... going right back to basics to find out where I've gone wrong

I are Stacy Keibler :lol:
:lol: Btw, I'm not good recognizing faces, but the picture Mylene posted looks like young Kate Moss, especially the eyes; and the picture has other clues that makes it quite suspicious. However, since "Kate Moss" in Google black/white images would give waaaay more results than "Bruja", I don't even care starting, I let the Sherlock Holmes who find the picture be someone else this time... :lol:

Back on Topic:

- Emperor > 50% of victories
- Immortal < 50% of victories
I never play below Emperor, and I enjoy playing hard maps and/or give myself few more restriction (in theme with the game I wish to play or the game mechanics I wish to experiment).

Cheer! Best Wishes All! :)

- yatta, post #986

:lol: Btw, I'm not good recognizing faces, but the picture Mylene posted looks like young Kate Moss, especially the eyes; and the picture has other clues that makes it quite suspicious. However, since "Kate Moss" in Google black/white images would give waaaay more results than "Bruja", I don't even care starting, I let the Sherlock Holmes who find the picture be someone else this time... :lol:

I noticed your silly posts in our sgotm thread as well, sad stuffs you write here..Kate Moss? Please..
good luck finding this pic, it's been taken by me and noone else. Oh and welcome to my ignore list.

I noticed your silly posts in our sgotm thread as well, sad stuffs you write here..Kate Moss? Please..
good luck finding this pic, it's been taken by me and noone else. Oh and welcome to my ignore list.

I thought all this was just Lymond and Mylene joking around, like in previous "ecuwins avatar" and "Bruja" jokes, in order to un-dramatize the arguing between Phoenix Rising team and myself in the SGOTM 14; as I thought the same about Mylene making fun of my opening in the succession game I started with my team right next.

I don't mind being on someone's ignore list. However, in the case that person in the picture it is Mylene for real, I apologize for the lack of respect making fun of it, I didn't mean to offend.

I'll try to be more careful in future when attempting to be ironic in a language which isn't mine.

yatta, post #988

Actually, I think you're misenterpreting her post. All she says is, "if that is really you, you look awesome" and "I don't know whether to believe it, so I'll give you the benefit of the dought".

Btw, took the opening of my last story, results are suprising as I'm european, but I guess germans simply are more manly then others :>

Genre: Informal
Female = 453
Male = 926
Difference = 473; 67.15%
Verdict: MALE

Genre: Formal
Female = 400
Male = 685
Difference = 285; 63.13%

And to this thread: Last time I played without a cooked start, I won with Mansa Musa on Emperor, which didn't feel that hard. Never ever played an Immortal game in my whole life, but I think I can win about 50% of the HC Deity games on huge marathon deity, which again isn't real deity as some say, so count me as emperor.

Actually i'm sorry that i was right, i was hoping that Civfanatics S&T would be somewhat more matured than other forums in this very special regard. It does not matter if that is your real pic or not, what matters is that i've always experienced Mylene as a person you can discuss pretty good. I was hoping that more people would think like that, but apparently just like beautiful girls always are arrogant in RL when they have no interest in someone, they are not real when they play PC games (useless to clarify, both statements are wrong). I was hoping that the crowd would enjoy the view of a pretty face and let it go, but that seems to be impossible online.

Again - it does not matter if female or male, if pretty or horrible ugly - it counts that you get along with each other, at least online where you won't ever "hit" on someone. Even if i'd really like to meet some folks of the S&T in RL, it hardly will ever happen, so it doesn't matter.

Maybe i'm overreacting a bit... but otoh i've always seen the "omgbbq look at her, it's fake!" train rolling through town way too often. It just doesn't matter. Enjoy the view, and take out a girl you like for dinner.
but I guess germans simply are more manly then others
German myself, but according to that analyzer i'm female. Proven wrong :)

"Consistent" could really use a percentage for clarification. I probably still lose more than 5% of my Immortal games (and around 40% on Deity). The worst starts can make winning unlikely straight away, and then there's early war declarations, barbarian uprisings, runaway AIs I can't reach, combat luck on a no-reload policy...

On Deity Normal speed, there's also an overarching problem: playing it safe locally slows me down to a problematic extent when the biggest competitors are on the other side of the world.

Possible, iam removing it..wrong place, Ahcos was right ~~

Actually i'm sorry that i was right, i was hoping that Civfanatics S&T would be somewhat more matured than other forums in this very special regard. It does not matter if that is your real pic or not, what matters is that i've always experienced Mylene as a person you can discuss pretty good. I was hoping that more people would think like that, but apparently just like beautiful girls always are arrogant in RL when they have no interest in someone, they are not real when they play PC games (useless to clarify, both statements are wrong). I was hoping that the crowd would enjoy the view of a pretty face and let it go, but that seems to be impossible online.

Again - it does not matter if female or male, if pretty or horrible ugly - it counts that you get along with each other, at least online where you won't ever "hit" on someone. Even if i'd really like to meet some folks of the S&T in RL, it hardly will ever happen, so it doesn't matter.

Maybe i'm overreacting a bit... but otoh i've always seen the "omgbbq look at her, it's fake!" train rolling through town way too often. It just doesn't matter. Enjoy the view, and take out a girl you like for dinner.

German myself, but according to that analyzer i'm female. Proven wrong :)

Actually, I think you're misenterpreting her post. All she says is, "if that is really you, you look awesome" and "I don't know whether to believe it, so I'll give you the benefit of the dought".

Btw, took the opening of my last story, results are suprising as I'm european, but I guess germans simply are more manly then others :>

Genre: Informal
Female = 453
Male = 926
Difference = 473; 67.15%

Genre: Formal
Female = 400
Male = 685
Difference = 285; 63.13%

And to this thread: Last time I played without a cooked start, I won with Mansa Musa on Emperor, which didn't feel that hard. Never ever played an Immortal game in my whole life, but I think I can win about 50% of the HC Deity games on huge marathon deity, which again isn't real deity as some say, so count me as emperor.

@ahcos, Seraiel, all the others might think the same

You got everything wrong. Impressive.

Event 1: joking with Gumbolt about an avatar
Gumbolt invites me to play a SGOTM
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=426727

Event 2: arguing with vranasm in a thread-series I started in S/T section.
My argument was about: "you don't personally attack me if you dislike the way I play, and you don't argue against the way I play without any empirical or mathematical evidence that what I do is wrong. And you don't take the attitute to impose me the way I must interpret my game in my own series".

Event 3: joking with Lymond and ecuwins about ecuwins avatar
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=432876

Event 4: got a Minor Spam Infraction while joking "defending" Mylene position in a joking/sarcastic thead Mylene started.

Event 5: I discover vranasm being Lymond and Gumbolt friend. I PM Lymond telling him to apologize from me to vranasm, and that I wished vranasm being less strict and categorical in critizing me.

Event 6: SGOTM 14 is up, AlanH, under Gumbolt request, starts a tread about it on S/T section.
I discover Lymond, vranasm, Gumbolt and Mylene play in the same team (Phoenix Rising), and that team reached the maximum number of components. I PM Lymond and Gumbolt telling them I wished to play with them, but I will instead put up a team of new people participating, just to see what a SGOTM is about and forgetting about arguing with vranasm. No challenge is intended.

Event 7: finished the SGOTM 14, arguing with Gumbolt and vranasm in our Team tread about their attitute criticizing our game play and game approach style, and about blaming us for finishing the game few dozens of turns too late of what they would expect.

Event 8, Dec 8th. I challenge Gumbolt to show him a successful early mounted rush on Emperor/Immortal a couple of weeks later.
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=11106053&postcount=522

Event 9. I take a Simpson parody of a female character, Chun Li, as avatar, to celebrate my team victory (joking with a teammate about the word yatta! meaning, that Chun Li says when winning - which is Japanese for victory! We did it!)

Event 10: after my teamates defense of Phoenix Rising right to criticize, I apoligies in Phoenix Rising thead about taking it too personally. Gumbolt accepted my apologies, I replied trying to joke with him.

Event 11, Dec 14th. I start a SG game with my teammates, where the goal was get the most possible GPs and GGs (was required a settled GP per city and a domination victory), I opened quite "uncommonly" with GW >> 'Mids.
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=11120935&postcount=56

Event 12, Dec 15th. Mylene playing a parody of my opening in another forum game.
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=11124908&postcount=41

Event 13. I abandon that SG, quite irritated.

Event 14, Dec 21th (a couple of weeks later): Mylene posts a successful early mounted rush on Emperor or Immortal, making a parody of my words.
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=11138894&postcount=61

Event 15. Lymond brings up (for what reason?) "Mylene is a gal" subject and avatar switching subject.

Event 16. Mylene posts that picture claiming to be the person in the picture.

Event 17. ecuwins claims to be the person (I guess is a female model) in its avatar.

My conclusions: those guys are making fun of me.

Hoping it is their way to joke trying to un-dramatize the previous arguings, I tried to joke back.

I still don't believe Mylene being the person in that picture, but not because of the look of that person, and not because it matters, just because I see not reason for posting that picture except if it is for joking: as TMIT said, in a Game Startegy forum, who cares?

If I'm wrong, I already apologize to Mylene, and sucks to be me.

But I'll rather be wrong than be !diot.

yatta, post #990

I don't understand why i got into the "joking with you list" since

a) I always offer my honest opinion
b) in none of the events where I am mentioned I was "joking around".

you try to troll me or smtg?

I got it...we had differences between us and thus I minimized reactions on your posts since I don't consider this flame/troll forum and want to leave it as that. but what is too much is too much.

Maybe would be interesting for other to read what i actually wrote down about you in yours series and what I wrote in the SGOTM mentioned... I don't think I ever trolled you, personally attacked you or something. I just offered my honest opinion on matters as I expect from others when they look at my games.

You bring it to personal level every time, do it systematically even and try to look as the 'good guy'.
I see it as you can't stomach any critique and just overreact.

I try to respect every human being, but stop trolling me! immediately. Don't want to hear from you my nick mentioned again! and most definitely not in this connections.

And for the record we have with L and Gum differences too, but yes I admit I consider them as internet friends.

Maybe would be interesting for other to read what i actually wrote down about you in yours series and what I wrote in the SGOTM mentioned... I don't think I ever trolled you, personally attacked you or something.
I disagree. Calling a person "having problems" is making it personal instead of limiting the issue to its game style. And this is the first feedback I get from you after pointing out this a long while ago. However the threads still there, anyone can judge.

You bring it to personal level every time, do it systematically even and try to look as the 'good guy'.
I see it as you can't stomach any critique and just overreact.
^^__
Thanks for diagnosis, doctor.
I try to respect every human being, but stop trolling me! immediately. Don't want to hear from you my nick mentioned again! and most definitely not in this connections.
Promise. You have my word on it. Btw, I might restart my series (which I quit as consequence of your posts) shortly, can I ask you to please don't offer anymore your "constructive" criticism in that thread?
And for the record we have with L and Gum differences too, but yes I admit I consider them as internet friends.
I used to.

yatta, post #991

Top Bottom