1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

What's the first mod you want?

Discussion in 'Civ6 - Creation & Customization' started by usadefcon1, Sep 24, 2016.

1. usadefcon1

usadefcon1 Chieftain

Mine is to make the Roman forts look like Roman forts.

And to turn the envoy symbol back to the older handshake icon.

Manifold likes this.
  2. Mustakrakish

Mustakrakish In 'Node' We Trust

Better AI :p

Sobornost and Manifold like this.
  3. joncnunn

joncnunn Senior Java Wizard Moderator

Moderator Action: Moved to Creation & Customization

4. Acken

Acken Deity

I'll probably play for a while before knowing the game enough to have an idea of what I want to improve.

5. Craig_Sutter

Craig_Sutter Deity

I think I want to restrict how far districts can be from city centre... I want there to be rural areas between cities... maybe keeping those areas to wonders and improvements (the outermost hex ring).

6. qadams

qadams Bohemian

I like that idea a lot. In fact, if it's possible, I'd like to see a mod that adds one more workable hex ring for cities which can only be used that way. More farms and rural areas between cities would be nice.

“Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana." - Groucho Marx

7. Craig_Sutter

Craig_Sutter Deity

I think it will be doable in xml... there are already provisions that certain districts should be adjacent to the city centre. If there are provisions that the be adjacent to certain other districts then I can see hiw this might be accomplished in xml. A fourth ring is a different matter all together.

Another way might be to more severely restrict the building of districts... I think 1 can be added to a city for every 3 population. This could be modified in xml to one to every 4, for example. However, those civs with a free extra district like Germany might become too overpowered. Since I am thinking more of scenarios, this does not matter much to me, but could be problematic generally.

8. Shadole

Shadole Warlord

Map labels!!

9. j51

j51 Blue Star Cadet

New Scythian city list!

Krajzen and Manifold like this.
  10. Xur

Xur Prince

I'm probably ok with the vanilla version for some time. My priority nr 1 is a map-editor so I can make my TSL earth.

upstart and Manifold like this.
  11. Haig

Haig Deity

Earth map TSL, if not included in the base game.

City-state leaders mod, simple mod that gives leader picture to each city-state, liked it in Civ 5 and gives more personality to CSs.

upstart likes this.
  12. Ryika

Ryika Lazy Wannabe Artista

Probably a texture-mod. While I like the overall style the terrain still look too "bright" and cartoonish-colored to me.

13. notque

notque Artificially Intelligent

Then we'll need the source code on release....

George Abitbol likes this.
  14. thecrazyscot

thecrazyscot Spiffy

Probably a game speed mod, slowing down research while maintaining usual build times. I've never liked how the longer gamespeeds balanced those.

ManinBlack and Makenshi like this.
  15. Mustakrakish

Mustakrakish In 'Node' We Trust

The question was "what is the first mod you want", not "the first mod available" or "the first mod you'll install"...

As for the first mods I'll inevitably end up installing before the one I actually want, are ones I'll have to. Those would probably be some minor or major bug / questionable design mechanic fixes (such as trade routes mess in BE or some major flaws in UI). Such things that would make it next to impossible to enjoy the game without, until fixed in patches or modded.

Those are not the mods I deserve, but the ones I need :p

That said I might install some "historical religions, more religious icons" mod if only to have a proper icon for mah vikings.

16. Acken

Acken Deity

You can still do some good things with XML coding to get a better AI. The main issue though is that what variables do without the source code is opaque so here is hoping they went with some ideas similar to civ5 coding ;)

17. HalveBlue

HalveBlue Chieftain

I want a mod that gives player's the ability to rename units whenever they please (can't believe this even needs to be a mod :rolleyes: ). Oh, and get rid of the character limit while you're at it.

18. BackseatTyrant

BackseatTyrant Queer Anarchotranshumanist

Extended late-game. I really miss pushing my civilization into the age of arcologies and undersea colonies.

19. Makenshi

Makenshi Ahoy, ye salty dogs!

Slower tech and civics, so there is actual time to build stuff. From what I've seen in Marbozir's Greece video, the research times are flash fast in comparison to production times, like in Civ5, which disgusts me.

Also, no beelining, because that is even worse than research speed.

Aaaaaand increase city spacing from 3 hexes to 4. I hate when AI settles cities too close to each other.

20. Sir Og

Sir Og Chieftain

For me an user interface mod seems to be most important.
    From what I've seen there isn't even a list of your cities as in F1 list in Civ4 where you can easily see what each city is doing. There seems to be no easy way to identify most productive city, cities with most fewer districts, cities with specific districts, no way to plan your amenities, etc.

If at all possible I would love a mod that improves unit movement. Ideally an ability to select and move multiple units together.
    Also units with movement orders don't show visually where these orders are to in the latest version of the game that I have seen.