1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

What's the highest XP you've had?

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Fall from Heaven' started by Ronb65, Dec 2, 2010.

1. Ronb65

Ronb65 Chieftain

I ask as I've got Gilden Silveric up to 616 at the moment, which is about 300 more than my previous best. is there an upper limit?:king:

2. mcwill123

mcwill123 Pretender to the Throne

I personally can't beat that. I'm currently playing a game with a strength 17 Chalid. His group took four (or maybe it was five) turns to take one of the Calibim cities. Chalid started with about 140 xp, fully promoted with first strikes and then strength. The defenders sent many attacks out of mostly skeletons and ice elementals along with a few Balors. Chalid personally defeated every one of them and ended with I believe 342 xp when the city was finally taken.

3. Goodwill

Goodwill Warlord

I was pushing 1200 on an archmage once in wildmana. I don't think there's a limit but rather probably a formula that increases exp needed for the next level's promotion.

4. Nor'easter

Nor'easter Emperor

I don't think there's an upper limit to XP, but eventually you run out of promotions your units can take. I've had that happen in my Calabim games, using Feast to level up my Vampire units and taking promotions until there were no more available. I don't remember how many XP the units had or what level they'd reached, but it didn't really matter, given how powerful they were at that point.

5. cabbagemeister

cabbagemeister Please wait...

I got Aeron's Chosen once and upgraded him into a Marksman. Aeron's Chosen is awesome because with the Heal After Combat feature (which works even against nonliving enemies, unlike Cannibalize), you literally cannot be killed by a swarm of mooks. Anyway, I declared war on Hyborem and moved Aeron's Chosen in by himself, and it turned out that Hybo had stored up about 250 Manes in Dis (the AI obviously still doesn't understand how to settle Manes). All 250 manes suicided on me in one turn. Aeron's Chosen had Valor and a Great Commander attached, so he got 750xp in one turn! I think he ended up with over 1400 xp in that game, and ran out of promotions to take.

6. Kylun Creed

Kylun Creed Chieftain

I think it may have been as far back as the second stage (Fire, I think?) even before the modmods started springing up, I had a Meshabber of Dis single-handedly conquer the entirety of the map (which was the Asia / China one from the vanilla game scenarios). Hit either 999 or 1999 and the exp tnl stopped advancing past a certain point so the levels didn't become any harder to acquire.

Haven't had anything come close since.

7. Breunor

Breunor Deity

I think in one of the official Scenarios I had Basium with something like 1300. I didn't have any super tricks, there were so many things to kill my XP just got there. Of course, you want mobility and blitz (or Orthus' Axe) ASAP.

Best wishes,

Breunor

8. Broken Hawk

Broken Hawk Emperor

I don't remember the XP but I ran out of promotions one time with a Shadow. Like Breunor said, Mobility and Blitz help a lot.

9. CitizenSnips

CitizenSnips Chieftain

Gosh, maybe 150.