What's the largest city you grew?

41 so far in my dutch game, i'll have to upload a screenshot when i get home from work. All Hail the mighty polder!

Size 54 here with Spain. Could go endless this, growth every 5th turn, even without any food trade routes.

Was pure luck but in my most recent I have 3 cities 36,32 and 27 on Siam all trade was internal delivering food and I was on food focus most of the time. Were not a lot of city states around though. Not too much food from them.

Does city growth after you've won the game actually count?

My biggest before victory was around 60 with Amsterdam having 18 Polders, most of them Flood Plains, with the world Rainfall settings set to wet.

My biggest overall was London which had 10 naval food trade routes feeding it for 100+ turns after victory and every Maritime CS allied. It reached 102 population.

I usually end up with a size 50/60 cap and a couple of 40/50 pop cities. I hit size 50 with my cap around turn 300 (standard speed) Personal record before victory venice, pop 81

59 in Delhi with flood plains and lots of wheat resources and like, 5 maritime city states and a LOT of Trade Routes

How do you guys get so fat citys? Do you play on Epic and take all the wonders/pantheon about food production? I never go over 30ish guys in my capital at the end of the game lol

How do you guys get so fat citys? Do you play on Epic and take all the wonders/pantheon about food production? I never go over 30ish guys in my capital at the end of the game lol

indeed! Trad, Fertility groth, swrod to plowshare, petra if necessary, and internal trade routes at early stages...

Without cheesing with things like Maritime CS's and multiple internal trade routes? I had 47 on Persepolis the turn after I won (around 350 on Standard) I had only one Internal trade route and that was after it hit Pop 40. My second city Pasargadae is also the biggest non-capital I've had without cheesing, both in the same game on a Sandstorm map! Sun God helped a lot, I had 2 Flood Plain Wheat in Pasargadae and 3 plain wheat in Persepolis. The only food-related wonder I had was Temple of Artemis. Could've been higher had I gone Freedom too.

I've hit 100+ in cities like Venice abusing trade routes and buying out all of the maritime CS's, and also had Hanging Gardens and Temple of Artemis stack.

Never saw one over 45-ish, I don't really grow that well and I'm usually done before my cities can be any bigger

i dont tend to keep any of my saves around after i win the game but im sure ive had 80+ on cities with mostly land all farmed and religous belief that add growth plus any city states that offer food when allied, atm on a 1v1v1v1 with 10cs ive got 4 at 65pop other are around 50+ :)

Top Bottom