What's the latest you've stayed up playing civ?

What's the latest night of CivII you've had?

• 10pm

Votes: 1 2.5%
  • 11pm

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 12pm

• 1am

• 2am

• 3am

Votes: 3 7.5%
  • 4am

Votes: 3 7.5%
  • 5am

Votes: 4 10.0%
  • All night

Votes: 22 55.0%
  • 2 days in a row!

Votes: 4 10.0%

• Total voters
I just finished GOTM 78, and it's 4:15AM. The end of the game is usually not too difficult.

bah! light weights!

In university I was on a work term and skipped three days of work and played for about 5 days straight. The only reason I got off my roommate`s computer was because he wanted to play.

The end of the game is usually not too difficult.

That depends. If you're trying to maximize your score than you go into your cities and do micromanagement to try to squeeze extra points.

If you're trying to win by conquest--or colonization with a pet city and barbs pretty much put down--it goes quickly.

Midnight.

Unless... no, I think I went to bed...

I "go to bed" to play Civ... what you're asking is did I go to sleep? How can you sleep when there's just one more turn before...

I have played past 3 too many times to remember. And at least once, I just didn't bother going to bed.

It's funny, I always have the same reaction when I finally decide to save and quit early in the morning: "What the hell am I doing up this late?" :lol:

I have played from early evening, all night and through the next day twice. Once when I first got the game and again after reading this site and learning how to really play....

Whenever I was a child I would play until 4 a.m. My father used to work in the coal mines, and that was when he woke up. Had I been caught still up in the morning I would've been dead. :)

Quite a while ago now but I can remember staying up all night playing Civ2 on New Year's Eve. The :beer: got quite a hammering so I doubt that my game play was that good. :lol:

Used to play it on a laptop during quiet night shifts: a 5 am finish was normal. Only once played that long on a non-working night, though.

There were a few times that I was in a really good game and just didn't want to give up. I think I usually had won by about ~3 or 4... or else I just gave in to exhaustion. Perhaps I should give this another try soon.

Since it's been re-awakened from the dead, I suppose I can post my experience:

I've pulled all nighters playing Civ. Civ 3 to be precise, but I've played Civ 2 for very lengthy periods as well.

Latest was until around 5am in multiplayer with a friend, mainly due to 3-5am setting up the greatest back-stabbing sneak-attack on him Civ has ever seen.

Top Bottom