Whats the lowest specs you are playing Civ V on?

Padje Dog

Warlord
I lamented when I saw the system requirements:

Operating System: Windows® XP SP3/ Windows® Vista SP2/ Windows® 7
Processor: Dual Core CPU
Memory: 2GB RAM
Hard Disk Space: 8 GB Free
DVD-ROM Drive: Required for disc-based installation
Video: 256 MB ATI HD2600 XT or better, 256 MB nVidia 7900 GS or better, or Core i3 or better integrated graphics
Sound: DirectX 9.0c-compatible sound card
DirectX®: DirectX® version 9.0c

However testing with the demo it seems my computer runs Civ V fine, here's the critical part, in strategic mode. No fancy terrain or unit graphics but the game all them same.

Here are my specs:

Dual Core 1.83Ghz
1 GB Ram
ATI Mobility X1400 256Mb

I have yet to get through much of a game but it seems absolutely fine.

I tried it in my work laptop and it worked!! (2 years old) :)

Intel C2D
2 Gb mem
Intel onboard (G45)!!!

I have everything disabled and it plays pretty smooth actually!! It has some minor image bugs, but nothing very serious and it's probably intel's fault.

Running it on my 3 month old work laptop:

Intel i7 quad core 2.67Mhz
4gb (3.4GB usable)
Integrated i7 Graphics chip

Not as quick as expected tbh, even with all graphics set to low. (fog of war is black hexes. yuck)
Very first impression of looks when first demo game loaded was disappointment so want to see what I can do.

Am playing around with turning different options up to make bits look better without affecting performance too much and currently have rivers looking awful but the FOW is fine on medium. getting a few graphical glitches too.

Intel Core 2 Duo 2.0GHz
2Gb RAM
GeForce 9400M

On a Macbook using Bootcamp with Windows XP SP2 - everything runs fine on LOW graphics.

Spike8888 more than likely you will be able to run it on your computer. Yours is very simular to mine. I am insainly picky about what my computer runs on start up though and barly have any background processes running, you might have to do the same.

I have been playing large maps on my 2.2ghz celeron with intagrated Intel graphics 4 series, and 3 gb of RAM.

Reminds me of when I use to play oblivion on my pentium 3...

Advanced System Care Free has a game booster feature in it that people with low spec computers may find very helpful, especially when playing online, and in the late game.

flyingbunnys: I will get Civ5 today as it was released few hours ago here in Poland. My G73JH is on RMA so I am forced to use my old PC. Hope I will be able to play on smaller maps even on low settings until they repair my laptop and patches to the game are available :)

Will it acceptably run on Athlon XP 2200+, 2GB RAM, ATI 3650 512 MB?

Unlikely. I have a 4850+ with 2GB RAM and an ATI 4770 512 MB and ran a small map with medium settings in HD resolution. Performed pretty good until the middle ages, then it began to slow down quite a bit. With DX9 I might add.

My spare machine is an AMD Tri-core (Just swapped from a dual core E6500), 8800GTS and 2gb of DDR2. No issues. Main rig is a core i5 (just got it but can't remember model, it cost 149quid if thats any guide, it's certainly not the base...the 720 is it?), an Nvidia GT465 1gb and 6GB DDR3.

Definitely no issues there!

Will it acceptably run on Athlon XP 2200+, 2GB RAM, ATI 3650 512 MB?

I bet it will run... but what's acceptable or not depends on your expectations.
It will become very slow if you don't play with very small maps and very few civs.

I'm trying the largest map on my laptop previously mentioned. Im at the middle ages right now it takes about 10-20 seconds to load each turn, which I don't consider bad, some people might. On small maps it doesn't seem to have much problems even in the late game.

Like Johnney Be said
I bet it will run... but what's acceptable or not depends on your expectations.

I'll let you know exactly how long my turn load times take when I get past the middle ages but my guess is I'll start seeing 40-60 second load times.

Plus moving units can slow down too.

Don't expect it to work well, just expect it to work.

I tried the game out on my desktop which is 3800+ X2 with an X1600 graphics card, and it runs on the same settings at about the same speed as my much slower laptop. This puzzles me, and it just shows how uncertain how your computer will respond.

I can run small and tiny maps with up to 14 civs perfectly fine on my 4 yr old piece of crap, but I also play only in strategic mode or I get crashes. The turns process in 1-4 secs.

Operating System: Windows® Vista SP2
Processor: Single Core 1.6ghz
Memory: 4GB RAM
Video: Geforce 6600 I think?

Wait till u get up past turn 200. I have the desired specs and during warfare either from me or other civs, and I'm waiting a good minute between turns.

Acer Aspire 5720 - about 4 years old now.
It's an Intel Core 2 Duo 1.5ghz
Ram upgraded to 4gb
Running windows 7
But the best bit - it's got Intel integrated graphics - a X3100 chip. In theory it shouldn't work at all, but it does!
And I don't even have to wind the graphics settings all the way down. But I have, texture detail is on low though rather than minimum. It runs poorly in normal view, but in strategic view it's quite snappy. I did try loading up a save on a huge map though, towards the end game, and it was taking about 2-3 minutes between turns.
But sticking to normal maps and smaller, it's fine.

Oh, and it's not my main pc - my desktop runs the game flawlessly.

Lol, im running on minimum specs except for, instead of minimum 2gigs, 1 gig ram. And you think YOU have it bad... :sad:

PS: Yes, I know, perhaps its my username coming back to haunt me... :blush:

Wait till u get up past turn 200. I have the desired specs and during warfare either from me or other civs, and I'm waiting a good minute between turns.

I have completed 7 games on epic, no long turns, always less than 4 seconds.

Top Bottom