Votes: 1 1.6%
  • "Winner" ads

Votes: 7 11.1%
  • Giant Radioactive Monkey Ads

Votes: 5 7.9%

• Total voters

Syterion

Voodoo Economist
This is a random question that popped into my mind just now so I decided to share it with you. It's fairly straightforward, but discuss any experiences or explain any particular hatreds you have.

The choices are-

Interstitial ads - They appear when you click on a link, expecting to be sent to that web page, but first you have to see a page loaded entirely for the ad, and click continue to get to the page you wanted to see.

Pop Up ads- No explanation needed, I hope

Floating ads - Those ones that appear in little boxes in the middle of the page and scroll along with the page, blocking the actual content of the page until you find the stupid close button that is ridiculously small.

Regular Ads - These are just normal ads adverstising products that usually take up an annoyingly large amount of the page and load before the content. Harder to block as well.

Game-type ads- These are like the regular ads but you play a game on them, usually trying to shoot something that moves across the ad. It makes you think what kind of idiot plays them and why companies think they work.

"Winner" ads - Another division of regular ads that features a sign that flashes the most annoying and attention seeking color possible displaying the word winner because you happen to be the nth visitor to the site and therefore you have won a random prize.

I have not included spam because I wanted only ads for websites, not personal stuff, and I thought that spam would probably run away with it.

Quite literally, everything that moves out of it's frame, opens up in a new window, covers too much of the page (more than 1/3), covers up the web page text (having to close it, or move it out of the way) or focuses the mouse cursor on it. If it's static, bound to the web-page and in it's place it is not unwelcome.

Crazy frog ads of all kinds. Must....Kill....that....****ing....frog..
Oh, any ads that flash to get your attention, and ads with sound (rare, but extremely annoying since you have to look at each ad and then find a music off button on them. If they dont have 1 i simply dont visit that site again)
I use firefox so pop ups dont bother me.

Floating ads are the most annoying, followed by "Winner" ads.

I would have to vote for all ads that are not tied down to a leash (pop-ups), makes barking noises (flash ads w/ sound), and hogs the internet (ads that appear as links in a normal webpage)

I have major problems with the floating ads. Grrrr. Another one which really bugs me is the timed ad, which you have to wait for 30secs before you can see the page you're trying to. Duble grrrr and :mad:.

Ads with sound piss me off, because it interferes with the music I am playing while I surf.

SuperBeaverInc. said:
Floating ads are the most annoying, followed by "Winner" ads.
Yes, they are the worst. Pop ups are actually worse, but there's protection against them, so I hardly ever see them.

Godwynn said:
Ads with sound piss me off, because it interferes with the music I am playing while I surf.
Ditto.

Interstitial ads are also annoying, but most of the time you can click a "skip ad" button.

The worst ads ever are still to me radio ads. I can't bear the guys yaling hyper fast to sell us carpets or other things we don't need. However, the question in here is obviously on internet ads... and there, I would say floating ads are the worst.

But still, if we think in all categories of ads, radio ads remain the worst to me.

There are also the ads they insert right during football matches. I don't know if it's a local phenomenon or not.

I hate nearly all forms of advertisement. Ads have become too intrusive and in your face these days.

Advertising has gotten to be so epidemic in the US it’s sickening. TV channels and Radio stations that are popular run up to 5 minutes of advertisements during breaks. It gets to the point were they run so much advertising that I can't even remember what I was watching/listening to.

Movies are even worse. I pay $5.50 for a ticket and when I don't think the viewer should have to sit through 20 minutes of previews before they get to the main picture.

I hate most ads, but I hate floating ads the most when I go to a website I didn't go there to try to find the close button on an ad which doesn't interest me at all.

What's wrong with you guys? I *like* ads! :D

(exiting alternate universe)

Yeah, floating ads are more irritating than average, and so are "winner" ads (because they usually flash really bright, annoying colors incessantly). It's hard to say which is worse.

I put floating ads. Why? Because I can never put the arrow on the correct pixel to close the damn thing and wind up getting a new browser window opening up.

Floating ads are the most irritating.

But what also sucks is if you are behind you comp on a quiet night surfing the internet leisurely but forgot you put the speakers really loud in the afternoon.

Then some "sound ad" comes of and makes you jump of your chair.

Or you don't know where the sound is coming from because it a few windows behind your current one.

I don't encounter many floating ads that are in the middle of the page, so I'll say ads with sound, which isn't a choice, so I'll choose the interstitial ads.

I don't know about the rest of you, but I actually play the game ads when I feel like it. :D

Those game ads are actually fun...

Those ones the float around, otherwise known as floating ads...

Sound ones always annoy me, I useally play some music with surfing and *Egad!* theres some crappy sounds that freak me out.

I hate those damn *click here to get a gazillion smilies* ads too.

Top Bottom