1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Whats the most cities you ever owned.

Discussion in 'Civ3 - General Discussions' started by bloodofages, Jul 25, 2005.

1. Gato Loco

Gato Loco Open to Interpretation

Once doing a semi-ics 100k culture as Germany, I had a city named 'New Berlin 4'. Not sure how many that works out to be.

2. Ghostwind

Ghostwind Warlord

Once during a conquest game on huge map, I owned the entire world except maybe 3 or 4 cities. I don't know how many that is, but I was in a democracy and it kept collapsing under the weight of it. I finally had to switch to another government because I didn't want to be in anarchy when I took those last cities.

I know there were some small areas that werent occupied (I had to start razing them because the collapse problem), but most of the map was populated. I have no clue about the actually total though.

~Ghostwind

3. Wes The Great

Wes The Great Chieftain

I have about 100 cites and a large archipelago map. Playing for conquest, I have about 60 cities left to go.

Early in the game, you want to shoot for a nice block of 20 cites. Then you industrialize, building railroad to maximize your territory. Once you have 60 cites in your empire through conquest, then your original homeland cites can be all set to wealth giving tremendous financing ability. Its just not worth the hassle of having more than 40 cites in fighting mode. You end up backlogged with 200 MA's sitting around waiting for transport.

4. KrysTheGreat

KrysTheGreat Chieftain

I have never gotten into the '2's before, but, in one game, I have almost got there as the English

5. TyranusBonehead

TyranusBonehead Bound & Determined

Don't usually count, but I think the most I've ever had was ~40, during a game I was playing at the chieftan level a while back.

6. Gargantutron

Gargantutron Chieftain

around 300 cities is my record. most cities only counting the ones i built myself, its probably around 100. (huge map of course)

7. Stumpy123

Stumpy123 Chieftain

For my current regent game, I have 173 on a large archipelago map. Worse yet, I'm still conquering/building more! Thank goodness for C3C Communism, or most would be worthless cities, but managing the sea transport is a real pain, and the 1 unit airlift per airport doesn't help. But the tanks crushing enemy longbows and spears is worth it :D .

8. LoopyLewis

LoopyLewis Warlord

Let me guess, under Communism? Right?

9. madviking

madviking north american scum

[darn xcl :mad:]

10. Me-262

Me-262 playing my guitar loud

My all time high is around 220-240.On average i have 100 or a little more.

11. CommandoBob

CommandoBob AbstractArt

I just finished a game with 266 cities. The random map went to pangea. Of these 266, I conquered 140, culture-flipped about 10 and built the rest. I went from despotism to republic and stayed republic the rest of the game.

Building is easy (and fun!); managing the citizens and workers is the time-killer.

12. Desertsnow

Desertsnow πr²

I don't think I've had much more than 60.

13. Savage Discipil

Savage Discipil A-Rod for MVP

100 cities.

14. tR1cKy

tR1cKy taking over the world

Surely less than 100. 80-90, perhaps. Always played standard size maps.

15. Theoden

Theoden Deity GOTM Staff

Probably around 100-120. I usually don't bother to build them so close on the larger maps.

16. SIYB

SIYB Chieftain

i am a huge map fan, so i usually have 100-200 cities, i use about 10-15 to build up my army, the rest will finance my war.

17. Warwind

Warwind Chieftain

My usual is 70-180 cities.

18. ANDL33

ANDL33 ROFLXZ

I've never owned any cities. Yes, sad but true because I can never wage war. The people are just too nice, except for Babylon. Hummarabi is one rude muthaf**ka. But then again, there's never a reason to declare war on him, he's usually too far away. :(

Unless you count cities that have been owned by other people. If that's the case, anywhere between 5 - 10.