1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

whats the most effective way to get the AI declare war?

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Strategy & Tips' started by ouzzo, Dec 13, 2001.

1. ouzzo

ouzzo Chieftain

How can you get the AI do declare war on you oe any other CIV in the fastest , least cost and optimum manner?

right now the greeks are the only ones with rubber but nobody knows what that rubber thing is anyway...:p

I would like to get my hands on some but without hurting my reputaton which is soaring high now:king:

building cities is out of question .. the ruber is all inland in their terriotery ...

I am gonna enjoy beating the crap greek forces where it hurts ....:D
    when i get the chance :lol:

2. Sam_Catchem

Sam_Catchem Prince

Here are somethings to try.

Start demanding crazy stuff from them like cities and so forth.

Plant spies. They usually fail. The more they fail the more likely they get so ticked at you they declare war. Just keep failing.:)

Take a useless unit and just go in and out of their territory. they get mad when you do this. Stay there..make them ask you to leave..leave and then come back.

3. Magnus

Magnus Diplocat

Unfortunately, almost any baiting you do may cause a loss in reputation... HOWEVER, if you completely wipe them from the planet, you will have lost no face! (nobody to tell mom on you :p) therefore I suggest a sneak attack and total destruction of their empire, therefore YOU get all the strategic resources. :yeah:

4. mark1030

mark1030 Chieftain

Declare war on them before you attack. I think that helps a little with your reputation. You can't be breaking any agreements though so make sure your trade and/or diplomatic agreements have expired and cancel them first.

P.S. The quickest way to get any civ (ok, all civs) to declare war on you is to drop a couple nukes on somebody :)

5. Sam_Catchem

Sam_Catchem Prince

Really?..any baiting? I was under the assumption that only the ones who declare war take the hit.

6. Moulton

Moulton Monarch

I don't know about 'any baiting' Hmmm
    But if you send spies, and they fail, it definitely hurts your rep. They declare war in retaliation for your undeclared act of war.
    I am trying to get Rome to declare war on me, right now, and it is not working well. He is furious, but...
    I move ships of the line (Men-of-war) into his zones, and cruise along his coast, and he says nothing. I demand horses --the only thing he has -- even though I don't need them any more (5700 years without horses--missed all those lovely cavalry) but he just laughs at my might. Maybe I'll poke a left-over musketman on his beach and let him eject him...
    :king:

7. Magnus

Magnus Diplocat

The only EASY way to have a war is to smear your reputation in the process. It can be very frustrating indeed to have a war with an unwilling opponent and make them look like the agressor - as it should be.

8. Ohwell

Ohwell Deity

This one is good: Nuke somebody else!

9. eyrei

eyrei Deity Retired Moderator

Plant a city right at the edge of their cultural border, next to one of their patrolling units. Threaten them a few times, try to plant a spy(and fail), and then, once they are really mad, insist they remove their forces from you territory.

10. ouzzo

ouzzo Chieftain

Thanks for the tips guys

:)

I treid them all but the greek guy wouldnt declare war .
    Guess he knew i was too strong for him.

anyways i maid MP with all but him and the English. prepaired a large invasion fleet. kept him annoyed. " he really looks funny when hes annoyed " :D so much fun

I declared war in one of our meetings when i was ready. bought Military alliance with all who mattered . gave the 5 bucks as present. ;)

I got my recourse in just one turn. I must have overprepaird my forces . so I decided to get rid of the greek civilization and keep all the rubber to myself.

I only took a few turns . and after the war my approval rating was about only 10 % down.
    I even got to win diplomatically :goodjob: :king:
    My first win in CIV 3 . HHHHAAAAHAAAAAAAAAAAA

11. Polonius

Polonius Warlord

The Strategy Guide recommends that you keep bugging them to give you a city until they get annoyed enough to declare war on you - thus preserving your rep. So I guess that one should work.

Another way to get the rubber (which sounds like it wouldn't appeal to you, as it's risky and non-military) is to give or sell them the techs they need to "find" the rubber and then trade it.

I just had to do this to get some Uranium to finish my Spaceship. Everything was done and ready to launch except I couldn't build the fuel cells. You need Uranium (which I'd cheerfully mis-read as Aluminium initially - doh!). So I had to give a rather surprised Lincoln a swag of techs for free, wait one turn, trade Uranium from him before he spotted what to do with it - and BINGO off to the stars!:D :D

12. Zooey

Zooey Chieftain

Have you ever tried to renegotiate peace and then declined to accept the new offer?

I don't know if it works, but try this:

1. Start diplomacy with the target Civ
    2. Click "We would like to propose a deal."
    3. The leader asks you what you would like to trade, but instead of picking out items, click on the word "Active" near the bottom of the screen
    4. If you're in the first 20 turns of peace, I don't think you can renegotiate, but if there's no number beside the word "Peace Treaty" then click on it
    5. The advisor will give you the shocked look and ask you "Do you really think we should renegotiate peace?" Click on yes
    6. The Peace Treaty agreement will come up in the normal trading window, and you'll be able to add different items to the trade
    7. If you click on "Peace Treaty," it should take the treaty off the table
    8. Again, I don't know if this works, but if it does, then you should be at war with the target Civ without declaring war
    9. You may even be able to decline completely by clicking "Not a chance." if it's available
      [/list=1]

Also another good idea for renegotiating peace (if you're an agressive leader like me) would be to demand cities, gold per turn, etc. for peace. If you have a strong military, they'll most likely comply with small requests, but if you've attacked them sometime else in the game, they may even give you a city. Always look at what the advisor has to say about the deal. Make the deal for the Peace Treaty as steep as possible while keeping him saying "This deal will probably be acceptable." Gold per turn is really good for this, because you'll keep getting it until you redeclare war since it's packaged with the Peace Treaty.

13. ouzzo

ouzzo Chieftain

I tested ur idea . it was like i was declaring war with the same messages from the forign advisor and the military advisor .

but the good news is my approval rating f11 went down only 1 %.

:goodjob:
    i thinkit need more testing though , sice i tested it on a game i already won with diplomatic victory.