What's the oldest game you still play?

Damn steam. So I'm playing Fallout New Vegas, but then I see in the steam window my X-com game sitting there i paid $5 for a few years ago. I couldn't resist the urge to download it and start playing that game. I was up extremely late last night. That game is more addicting than Fallout New Vegas will ever be. It goes to show gameplay> graphics. I'm so tired, and I gotta work today, but I was up past 1 AM playing that game. Just one more researched tech I said.

So for anyone itching to play x-com it's pretty cheap on steam and works with windows 7 without having to do anything eles to slow your computer down so you can play it. No crashes, it works perfect.

I'm doing pretty good, but every once in a while I have bad missions. Sometimes I can do it without losing too many guys, but I hate it when I lose my good guys. Is there any good way to defend against psi attacks before you research any of the psi stuff? I may have made a mistake reseraching plasma rifles and heavy plasma before anything else, but i like to be well equipped. I can't remember what to research after that.

So the game is 16 years old and still fun as ever. What old 90's or 80's games do you guys still play (by a current played game I mean something you played this year).

I think that honor goes to SimCity 2000. Also play Donkey Kong Country 2 once in a while, but that came out 2 years after.

Um, it's hard to say, it'd have to be SNES or NES games at this point, but it's a boring answer. PC answers are more interesting.

I'd say, right now, it's probably games like Master of Orion and Lords of the Realm. I also have X-COM and I should probably play it.. Got it for like 2$.

Probably Victoria: An Empire Under the Sun. (2003)

Some NES games from the 1980s I guess; Castlevania, Final Fantasy I and Contra.

Recently, Civilization II (1996). and Guild Wars (2005) are the two oldest I have played recently and am currently playing.

EDIT: Oh and I play SWAT 4 (2005) or its expansion at least once a month.

The oldest game that I still play somewhat regularly is Bubble Bobble, which I think came out in 1986, and I had it on several different platforms. On the PC, I just finished playing Sam & Max Hit the Road, which came out in 1993.

Ultima VII: The Black Gate

Ace Combat 04: Shattered Skies (2001)

Seven Kingdoms and StarCraft

Master of Magic (1995)

I've been playing a good amount of Railroad Tycoon II (1998) recently. It's aged well, and I just discovered a host of scenarios for it on the Internet, so that boosted its mileage. I also played some Motorhead (1998) this summer. It was the first racing game I had, and thus a nostalgic favorite, although I had an OEM version, so it's stuck running on a Pentium II.

Oh, I almost forgot, I did play some Chessmaster 4000 Turbo (1993) this year. Unfortunately it's not XP-compatible, so I don't play it very often. But it is the computer chess program I've played by far the most overall. Other than the whole compatibility issue I see no reason to get a newer version.

Master of Magic (1995)

+1

Disgustipated: you might be interested in UFO: The Two sides as well: it's a remake of the original but with added content (multiplayer, playing as aliens, some improved game mechanics, etc.) - still in a beta version but it already has quite some content.

+1

Disgustipated: you might be interested in UFO: The Two sides as well: it's a remake of the original but with added content (multiplayer, playing as aliens, some improved game mechanics, etc.) - still in a beta version but it already has quite some content.

sounds interesting.

someone mentioned MOM above, I am interested in playing that game. I think I only played once or twice. But I played a low level pretty standard. I realize I did not fully utilize the magic in taht game. It's a much more in depth game than I realized. The problem of course was I didn't have a manual for that game. I wonder if that game is on steam...

forgot about another one I still load up every now and then. Fantasy General (1996) which has a soundtrack that still enthralls me.

Civ I!

Top Bottom