What's the solution for this?

Exiledadrian

Chieftain
I just installed BE and I keep getting a screen where it's the title and the shuttles heading to the new planet. I pressed escape and the screen goes black. Last time, the pointer turned into an arrow from BE.
What's the solution? I have Directx11, intel corei3 and Windows 7

Did you wait for the screen to change to the main menu? Why did you press "escape"?

It sounds like you just did not wait long enough. BE has a long load time where it looks like nothing is happening. Just be patient. On my computer it takes a good 3-4 minutes just to get to the main menu screen. The screen with the title and shuttles will stay on for a long time then the cursor will change to an arrow when the game is almost ready. Just wait some more and the screen should change to the main menu.

My screen went black and the music stopped. I got an error message. No arrow this time.

I'm confused. In your opening post, you say that the screen goes black after you hit "escape". Does the screen go black after you hit "escape" or on its own without you doing anything? If the screen goes black on its own then that is definitely a bug and I would suggest posting this in the CivBE bugs thread.

You may also try the "Verify local files" option in steam. Maybe something got messed up during installation.

Top Bottom