What's the title of your next paper?

Ecofarm

Deity
Whether for school, or pay or yourself.

There must be some people writing things.

Spoiler :
I was going to write about S. America and Africa (I wanted to learn spanish and expand my perspective) but I'm starting to think 1 year in the field is enough for a phd.

So, I'll go first:

Modeling North Kanja: An independant qualitative and quantative analysis of sustainable development.

or

Tropical Mountain Subsistance Agriculture: A multidisiplinary comparative study of causation.

Does any CFCOTr write anything for any reason?

Titles please. Discussion is open to title subjects.

What Is It Good For? A look at the portrayal of the military as social and intrusive forces in Isabel Allende's The House of the Spirits and Laura Esquivel's Like Water for Chocolate.

An interdisciplinary approach to Lynch v. Donnelly

I wasn't trying to be original with the title. But if I were, it'd be 'Baby Jesus and the angry secularists'

One page on my reaction to a 90-page chapter in a book assigned to us. Just for a basic science course, so no big deal. It will be something mundane, like "A People's History of Science: Chapter 3."
"A People's History of Science: Miners, Midwives, and 'Low Mechanicks'" is the title of the assigned reading.

My next essay with any real meat in it (though it won't be long, either) will be if I can get the motivation to do more political commentary again. I don't know when that will be, yet.

So, for the first time in a while, nothing much on my radar yet, as far as essays are concerned.

Gratz on mod. Have I not noticed?

What book/subject?

No title as of yet but it's a short essay on the nearby star Omicron Eridani regarding its discovery and how this was a new type of star at that time. Not an overly ambitious essay but it should be interesting.

\
"A People's History of Science: Miners, Midwives, and 'Low Mechanicks'" is the title of the assigned reading.

Gratz on mod. Have I not noticed?

What book/subject?

Thank you. Came in tonight.

Should have just left the title the same size, but it's that. For a very basic Physics course that I have to take as part of the "core cirriculum" to ensure that I get my degree in three months.

Essentially, the book challenges the notions that the giants of science were the ones that pushed human knowledge forward. Not that they didn't achieve incredible things, but much of their work also rested on the backs of your average person that was just looking for a better way to do things.

Makes lots of sense to me, though I think the book goes way too far in proving its case, bringing out examples of knowledge from places as far as Polynesia to ancient Egypt to the Amerindians. Fascinating read, nevertheless.

Since the rest of my classes are actually focused on my business/finance program, it looks like I won't have anything earth-shattering to write. I may just have to finally post in the History forum a paper I wrote two years ago titled "THE PERSIAN THEATRE OF THE GREAT GAME:
Nadir Shah to the Fall of the Qajars"

Only twenty pages, though.

Essentially, the book challenges the notions that the giants of science were the ones that pushed human knowledge forward. Not that they didn't achieve incredible things, but much of their work also rested on the backs of your average person that was just looking for a better way to do things.

Makes lots of sense to me, though I think the book goes way too far in proving its case, bringing out examples of knowledge from places as far as Polynesia to ancient Egypt to the Amerindians. Fascinating read, nevertheless.

Galileo's telescope/evidence? Only grassroot idea/movement has longevity.

Only twenty pages, though.

A 1 page paper can be interesting. IIRC, my thesis (MSc) was limited to 50 single spaced.

Galileo's telescope/evidence?
Nope. More like how average sailors needed to record where stars were when they were out on their voyages, or how they could tell when they were close to where they needed to be. Scholars would take that information and form the calculations and theories around it, but someone has to be out there gathering the data. Hence "A People's History" (which sounds awfully Leninist :lol: but when you get right down to it, it feels like market economics to me).

A 1 page paper can be interesting.

It can be. Though I don't think I yet have what it would take to do some of the much longer essays (and I'd need a topic).

Mine is called

"DNA-nanoparticles sensors. Functional Biomolecule-Nanoparticle Structures on Surfaces for Application as Sensors"

We're writing a paper and giving a 20 minute presentation. It's part of a uni class in bionanotechnology.

Its called "Classic" and its very soft

The relations between the fruit bat and the ficus tree in the garden habitat.

Supply and Demand of Oil

For my 4th Economics commentary, on microeconomics.

Does language play equal roles in different areas of knowledge?

For my final TOK essay

Have to write a Black History essay in language, I get the awesome guy of Louis Daniel Armstrong, which I believe was in a Scatman song.

An analysis of a literary passage. I rarely title my essays though.

An essay about the novel Dune, examining its literary significance.

Top Bottom