What's the title of your next paper?

My next paper will be titled: "Memorandum."

Cleo

An Analysis of state and federal government involvement in High Education, and suggested policies.

I'm taking a class in the spring where we don't meet...my grade (and 5 credits) is based just on this large policy paper. Should be interesting.

I just got back my most recent paper: "Locke and Aristotle on the Role of the State," in my introduction to philosophy course. It was a short six-page paper contrasting Aristotle's Politics, book 3, with Locke's Second Treatise on Government, sections II and V.

I'm currently reworking a statistics project that I finished last semester into a real paper. Working title: "Evidence for Convergence among a Cross-Section of 52 Countries". Robert Barro (1992) did all the real research on this one about fifteen years ago, and all I have to do is show the model works. The cross-section is of the OECD, Latin America, and East Asia from 1980-1997.

It's nothing special - regress growth rate on per-capita income while controlling for education, health, and capital - but it's the first project I've done outside of class in a while. I'm using it to learn how to typeset in LaTeX.

Looking forward, I intend to write a set of lecture notes for an Economic Statistics class that I'll be TA'ing for next semester, but that doesn't really count as a "paper".

I just started a blog. I am torn between my next masterpiece being "Ode to Samantha Fox" or "Huckabee: AntiChrist or just run of the mill spoiler?"

I don't know the title, but I'm in the middle of writing a paper on Sherman's March to the Sea, and the concept of total warfare.

Can't say for sure yet.

And I'm not including lab reports and short essays for class here, as those don't really count in the grand scheme of things.

I gonna write about nuclear power.

Realistically, my next paper will be on nuclear power as well.

I'm taking a class in the spring where we don't meet...my grade (and 5 credits) is based just on this large policy paper. Should be interesting.

You are brave to attempt a class that doesn't meet; few have the discipline for that.

Could you re-phrase that? I'm not sure what you mean.

Ficus is an amazingly invasive species. There are places in the Everglades that are 1 acre of solid trunk. I imagine that in adition to fertilizing the entire garden as they fly to and from their ficus home, they serve to limit the growth of the ficus by occupying pockets in the tree as home. Their guano would serve to rot the floor of the enclove and stunt the expansion of the trunk. Then there is insect control.

Ever had to trim a ficus that you let get too far? They are real monsters (depending somewhat on the species).

Humanitarian Law and Private Military Contractors: Are Current Regulations on PMCs Operating in Iraq Sufficient?

Or something. That title will probably change once I actually start writing it...

'Things to pick up at the grocer'

My latest effort was "Entrenched Fragmentation: The Surprising Modernism of Charles G.D. Roberts's 'Going Over'".

It's a paper on immigrants and their difficulties coming to America whether it be economic, or linguistic.

The title: Assimilation of Immigrants

I have three I'm working on simultaneously this semester.

For Post-Colonial Latin American History: "The Myriad Effects of the War of the Triple Alliance on the People and Nation of Paraguay;" this is pretty self-explanatory

For European Military History, 1925-45: "How Zhukov and Manstein Helped Shaped the War in the East;" this one compares the personalities of the two generals, and examines how those personality traits affected their decisions, and ultimately, the Eastern Theatre of World War II.

My third topic I have yet to pick, but it will have something to do with either Colonial or Independent India.

Something about economic development in Argentina over the last 20 years.

I've only put very minimal thought into it so far, though

"Homosexuality in the classical world: From Alexander to Zyphlon"

I now need to write an outline for my said paper on the use of the military in Like Water for Chocolate and The House of the Spirits. How boring.

I´m currently writing about Max Webers class theory, his interpretation of the development of capitalism and how protestantism helped to shape it. Part 2 is what elements of it Pierre Bourdieu chose to incorporate into his "unifying theory" .

Top Bottom