1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

What's up with this bug

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Multiplayer' started by inthesomeday, Apr 2, 2016.

1. inthesomeday

inthesomeday Immortan

Two bugs
    Most of the time my lobby only displays two games.
    Lately a lot of games I manage to get in anyway via invites or luck have had a resync on turn one and then when it reloads it will have moved my vision on the map from the original area, where I spawned before the resync, to somewhere completely different. If I founded a city, then the borders appear in this area, as well as a road where the city would be in relation to the borders, but the city is gone or not visible. If I haven't founded my capital, the settler is sometimes deleted. This bug is weird and frustrating, I'm wondering if anybody knows the cause and what I can do about it

2. LilBoyBlue

LilBoyBlue Chieftain

That's an awesome question. Plus, of the 2 games, 1 has normally been there for a couple of hours and is busted. So there's 1 busted game, and one other random game. Plus, if you HOST a game, since it's the 3rd game no one sees it to join ! Plus, I surfed a few servers - I tried LA, NYC, DC, and Chicago - they all showed the SAME 2 games !! WTF ??? Are you telling me in all of North America only 1 crappy game of civ is available ?

3. FrostK

FrostK Prince

I also wonder why the **** I see only 2 games. Sometimes I see more, but quite rare.

Considering second question - this kind of bugs happen if some people have NQ mode, when others dont OR if some1 has maps from that mode.

4. Sharples

Sharples Prince

There is definitely something wrong with the lobby, I can never see past more than two games.

Not only that, but refreshing the lobby is now a lot slower, refreshing now takes as long as ten seconds and a minimum of five seconds for me. Previously this was instantaneous.

I'll see if I can get a report to 2K, but I wouldn't count on a fix any time soon.

Edit: The ticket has been sent and I have replied with the following message:

5. Sharples

Sharples Prince

Bumping as it's important. 2K support has replied and they have confirmed there is enough information to pass it onto the developers. There is however no ETA.

Full Message:

6. komodowaran

komodowaran Warlord

i don't think it is a network problem since i got now confirmed reports from over 5 diffrent players with 4 other providers and 3 diffrent operating sysems where it apeared

7. Sharples

Sharples Prince

This seems to be fixed for me, can anyone else confirm this?

8. FrostK

FrostK Prince

yesterday it seemed to be fixed, but... you can not be confident in anything in civ5 mp

9. Sharples

Sharples Prince

It seems to fix itself then the next day go back to the two lobby bug, a representative has again asked me for my msconfig and dxdiag. It would be great if anyone could tell me if they're experiencing the same or differently?

At the time of this writing, I can only see two games maximum.

10. komodowaran

komodowaran Warlord

it seems to be fixed somthimes now
    but somtimes it still is there
    it is like 80% of the time fixed now but 20% of the time u still get it