What's up?

Definitely. I will try to post a situation report tomorrow (or next day. and we shoudl definitely discuss prior to playing next turn), christmas eve and everything so a bit chaotic. But i would surely like it if you have the time to share the burden. I don't like abandoning GONG so would probably be able to keep this going could we cooperate. maybe someone will join us to expand the team again. I have not really made an effort to play the position as aggressive as could have been doen. But i am sure we can change that.

When we basically decided to scrap this game I continued to play turns as a backup to help our friends GONG. I just did not want them to suffer from a BABE exit. The basic plan was to continue at least until we had played the GLib gambit and that is by now fairly close (10-15 turns). When Council/Free hit the IA GONG will hand over control of the GLib town to us so we gain the techs held by Council/Free. Then turn it back over to them. I planned on running the position until we got close to marines and then turn every town over to GONG control as planned.

Now the current situation. We control our mainland and three minor islands. Two of them are completely rimmed with units the third has seen a SABER Warrior sitting on the peninsula. Now 5 SABER Caravels are approaching so I have planned to gift the closest town to GONG forcing SABER to first DOW us to take out the Warrior between their landing beach and the town and then DOW GONG if they want a town. Funny, right? :D Units are close to the island to fill all remaining coasts and deny them a secondary landing site. I am just waiting for response from GONG before playing the turn.

All other coasts on all other islands are covered. We have a good output of Knights soon to be upgraded to Cavalry. I fear the last 20 turns of basic inactivity has given Council time to close up their island coasts too so another landing at their island is probably out of the question now. So do we stop churning out Knights/Cavalry since they probably wont see battle anyway or do we send as many as possible to the island to fight SABER?

After Mil Trad we stop research until we get the IA techs from Council/Free, right? Workers finish clearing marsh/jungle from coastals and then start fortifying those tiles in preparation for marines (should be all of a sudden stay in the game?). I will concentrate Galleys to the two sea lanes we use, no need to have coasatal guards anymore, we have coeverd all coatsal tiles with usnits now so need no advance warning. I have been running a number of small fringe town unconnected to be able to produce Warriors in them. We have a good economy so should be able to upgrade them to IA units in time for defense vs. Marines.

that is about it. Should I play a few more turns for you to get up to speed and we talk extensively about the situation developing?

EDIT: DaveShack you are a mod, I have been experiencing an uncomfortable event today. when I tried to logon this morning my password did not work, then when trying to update it I was told by the system I had already requested the info the last 24 hrs. Surprised me since I had done no such thing. can you check if my account has been tampered with or someone has tried to tamper with it?

Wotan--I am also willing to help. We have a lot of old friends on GONG and I don't want to let them down. My thoughts on cavs is they can be very valuable even in the IA since they are the fastest units well into the game.

I will also check with Thunderfall if there's a way to check whether your account has been messed with.

Ah the old guard closes ranks. ;) Good to see you returning Whomp. Unfortunately i have not really optimized the position over the past 20 truns so we are in a very defensive position now. Will play according to plans and post a report. I guess you guys will need a few turns of reading up on what is going on in the world before taking the reins.

Thanks for checking out what might have happened or not with my account. it is always uncomfortable when you encounter odd activietes in online accounts.

I'm not good enough to play the turns or give advice and have never actually played against humans, but I do check in here every day. You're not as alone as you might think, Wotan. :) I just don't want to spam the threads with silly social comments or ask stupid questions.

Good to see you are here too gma. I have been very lax posting reprots but will start a new thread and post a fresh report now.

I'm not good enough to play ... but I do check in here every day. You're not as alone as you might think, Wotan. I just don't want to spam the threads with silly social comments or ask stupid questions.
I'm with gma. Wish I could help but lack the talent.
BB

What's the diplo position? Friends with Gong, Enemies with Council, right? And IIRC, Saber are way behind. Free are trading with Council, but are they full partners, or can a wedge be driven?

Yes that basically sums it up. Though I think Council/Free are real chummy. We are at war with SABER too now. Had to do it to save the small resource island.

I could prolly take a turn or two just to get a Gongy-look at it and help out with keeping the game going. Exception is if we're feud and there's a lot of whipping sice I've never had patience enough to learn that, but i figure we're not.
In order to do so I will need a short briefing on the goings since I don't have the time to go through the whole forum and geddit myself, beeing a lazy Idiot and all.
I had tremendously fun with the MTDG1 but this one has been different. Dunno why but Rick's otherwise excellent map was maybe not ideal for a exciting game (not blaming the Great Meleet for anything thou). Maybe the Babes a too far behind to make this one fun and maybe there is no chanse of uniting with Council and Sabre to stop the running Frees?

I sent the save. We have a settler landing on Council next turn and espionage is in so hopefully we can steal junk. Saber has more mechs and tanks on the island than we have units. LOL! All I've been doing is pillaging the island.

Top Bottom