What's weird about your country?

Hockey influences everything. For example, the US has Dancing with the Stars while Canada has Battle of the Blades.

Canada has one of the best trained militaries (as observed by other nations), yet they're also one of the most poorly equipped as far as western nations go.

Along the same theme as the thread, my particular little part of Canada is weird as far as Canada goes because we get very little snow.

Oh look at me! I live in BC and get very little snow! I have great pot sold in vending machines! BC rules!

I hate you. :(

Every available surface is used for advertising.:suicide:

There's probably more batpoop weird crap about the US than any other country. And the weirdest thing is that we're number one despite all our weirdness.

i thought he was czhech.

:lol: I was about to write exactly that, when I saw the post!

Don't you mean that the Portuguese king ordered his son and heir apparent to rebel against him since the nobles had taken too much power in Portugal and were trying to exert it in Brazil too (and the king frankly had come to like Brazil more than Portugal after living there during the Napoleonic Wars), but he still had personal control of the military and so he could order his troops not to stop his son's rebellion even if he no no legal right to set the colony free?

Good point, but not quite correct - the king's fear was caused by those who rebelled in Oporto demanding a constitution. Some were nobles but they really represented the mercantile interests. Among the nobles the real opponents of the king was his own wife, and his (or perhaps it wasn't his!) younger son. It's almost certain that they were the ones who finally poisoned him.

For weirdness, I'd like to add that the Oporto rebellion could actually be seen as a colonial rebellion against the imperial capital, then relocated the former colony of Brazil. who declared independence from who? :crazyeye:
With hindsight, a rather stupid rebellion. That united kingdom would easily have grabbed, and kept, the southern part of Africa and some further pieces of South America, as the spanish empire broke apart (giving some use to those veteran soldiers from the napoleonic wars who were in Europe, and perhaps avoiding the civil wars which plagued Portugal afterwards). Instead both kingdoms ended up as little more than british satellites.

Our most dominant industry is in Universities. They are the best in the world.

And up until the 6th grade our public schools are the best in the world.

By grade 12 we are ranked in the low thirties.

That people can get rich by blabbering their stupid opinions in front of a camera. IE O'Reily, Olberman, Moore, etc. etc. etc.

Link to video.

Thems sure loves their chickens.

Yo Yo Yo, wat you foos do wit my chiken. Aintya gots no bukets. I take some buzz and drag em thru the gardin! I'll have the fish. :lol: funniest I can't swear thing I ever saw. :lol:

Its not rasist there was not one white person in that video. Now thats the truth. Now thats the kind of lingo they were speaking, its not rasist its uneducated. They need some lessons in grammar.

Its not rasist there was not one white person in that video. Now thats the truth. Now thats the kind of lingo they were speaking, its not rasist its uneducated. They need some lessons in grammar.
It's not rasist. There was not one white person in that video. Now that's the truth. Now that's the kind of lingo they were speaking. It's not rasist, it's uneducated.

Left the meme untouched

They need some lessons in grammar.
Heh. Glass house.

i thought he was czhech.

We have a long tradition of "exporting" people we don't like (Hitler...) and importing people we like (Mozart, Beethoven...), then suggesting they have always been here :D

With hindsight, a rather stupid rebellion. That united kingdom would easily have grabbed, and kept, the southern part of Africa and some further pieces of South America, as the spanish empire broke apart (giving some use to those veteran soldiers from the napoleonic wars who were in Europe, and perhaps avoiding the civil wars which plagued Portugal afterwards). Instead both kingdoms ended up as little more than british satellites.
During the negotiations of the independence Brazil almost got the Portuguese colonies in Africa (Angola most of all). Those slave merchants were more Brazilian then Portuguese. And Brasil did got for some time both the French Guiana (half of witch is still in Brazil) and Uruguay. The Uruguayans have the British to thanks for their independence.

Top Bottom