What's your avatar?

Cuivienen said:
Mine is a very detailed pencil drawing of Luthien from Tolkien's The Silmarillion with a Santa hat for Christmas spirit.
Is that what that is? I just thought it was a random woman looking up to the sky. I hated the Silmarillion, though (that's the precursor to the trilogy, right?). It was so boring that I had to stop reading it after 20 pages.

Mine is from a woodcut done by MC Escher in his younger years. I like Escher and I like animals.

Reason: I think he is the best actor, with no exception. I even started a thread on him.

Mine is the Overfiend from the misogynistic anime series Urotsukidoji: The Legend of the Overfiend. I chose it because it symbolizes my strong moral upbringing.
Misogynistic? :(

The Last Conformist said:
You hated the Silmarillion? :shakehead Freak.
Why is that? The first 20 pages just talked about how the earth was created or something stupid like that. Not interesting enough for an 8th grader. I wouldn't read it now, either, since it's just fiction. I find myself reading only non-fiction unless it's for AP English 12 and is actually complex and has deeper meaning.

Its a pic I found on the net a long time ago, modified to look more christmas like.

In the old days I used to have different pictures of Yoda.

Yom said:
Why is that? The first 20 pages just talked about how the earth was created or something stupid like that. Not interesting enough for an 8th grader. I wouldn't read it now, either, since it's just fiction. I find myself reading only non-fiction unless it's for AP English 12 and is actually complex and has deeper meaning.

The first few pages are the best parts of The Silmarillion. You really have to appreciate it for the well-written prose, especially at the beginning.

"And Illúvatar spoke to Ulmo, and said: 'Seest though not how here in this little realm in the Deeps of Time Melkor hath made war upon thy province? He hath bethought him of bitter cold immoderate, and yet hath not destroyed the beauty of thy fountains, nor of thy clear pools. Behold the snow, and the cunning work of frost! Melkor hath devised heats and fire without restraint, and hath not dried up thy desire nor utterly quenched the music of the sea. Behold rather the height and glory of the clouds, and the everchanging mists; and listen to the fall of rain upon the Earth! And in these clouds thou art drawn nearer to Manwë, thy friend, whom thou lovest.'"

Nonetheless, I can see it boring an eighth grader even though I read it sometime around 6th grade IIRC.

GrandAdmiral said:
Yes much like half of the anime series out there. One of the characters in the series looks just like your avatar. I forget what happens to her.
:hmm: My avatar is of a four-year-old...

Theodora - coz too lazy to upload an avatar and also, i like the Civ theme avatar... have to admit i grown attached to the super busty theodara avatar. :blush:

Well... :mischief:... Sort of reflects my view on the USA, a map, all red, of course, and with a Roman-type standard superimposed, goes along with the location of "Resembling Rome a bit...". Had it since the election, and not sure when I'll get rid of it.

My avatar is Bush in front of the Saudi flag. You connect the dots.

It's a little smoking cat!

It's the cat featured in several Queers albums, and I think it's really cool. I've had 4 custom avatars, 3 of which had been band related (Bigwig, Screeching Weasel and The Queers, in that order), and the 4th (3rd actually) was Seth and Summer off the O.C., because Cohen did Summer!

When I was a beta-tester with Firaxis for "Play the World" I joined their beta-testing forum and they had this splendid fellow as one of the avatars you could choose. So, instead of my cat "little Jacques" leaping, I have one that shows part of my character, which is rather fiery, self-destruction and evil :D

That it looks completely insane aswell, I like too ;)

Well then I just pretty much figured out what happened to her. :(

Yeah...mine's just a pile of pastry...

Yom said:
I was mostly joking. The Silmarillion is one of my favourite books, period, but tastes differ.

I'm surprised about the "8th grade" comment, tho. I read it in 5th grade and loved it.

Top Bottom