1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

What's your avatar?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by superisis, Dec 17, 2004.

1. The Last Conformist

The Last Conformist Irresistibly Attractive

I was mostly joking. The Silmarillion is one of my favourite books, period, but tastes differ.

I'm surprised about the "8th grade" comment, tho. I read it in 5th grade and loved it.

(OTOH, that's also about the time I read Bra Böckers world history in 16 volymes. I might not have been an entirely typical preteener.)

2. joacqin

joacqin Prince

My avatar is kinda dull and unimaginative, not to mention the fact that it really doesnt represent me very well. It is the coat of arms for the city I live in, sure I kinda like the place but I am not one to be proud and thumping my chest over geographical locations. Couldnt come up with something else though and I really didnt want to have an avatar someone else already had.

3. PantheraTigris2

PantheraTigris2 Deity

I go through several, in fact this one's about to go soon. But right now, it's a Renault RE30 Formula 1 car, driven by Alain Prost in the early 1980s. Those were the days when they ran full ground effects, and the turbocharged engines with their exotic fuels produced insane horsepower. The 4-cylinder BMW 1.5L qualifying engine produced just over 1,400hp, for ex.

The ones from that era are just everything that fast cars are meant to be... wide-tracked, slick tires, lots of power, and massive amounts of raw downforce - cornering like it's on rails. All the good stuff from that era, has since been banned.

4. jonatas

jonatas tropicalista

ah yes his student Porphyry... but i prefer to think of Plotinus more as "neo-platonist" than "proto-christian"... though i admit, perhaps he was something of of the latter, but not intentionally though....

anyhow, my avatar is of "Caetano Veloso"... one of the greatest artists of our age... :D

5. nonconformist

nonconformist Miserable

My avater is currently a huge satirical swipe.
    For one, it is a polarisation of my views (I am a leftist, and I am portraying my self as a communist, hahaha how hilarious).
    Notice the santa hat. This is also funny, as the USSR was a non-eligious state.
    I also gives for some funy alliteration.

6. insurgent

insurgent Exhausted

Damned, you're a funny person, nonconformist.

7. Hitro

Hitro Feistus Raclettus

:lol:

Mine is my hometown's coat of arms combined with my favourite football club's badge.

8. ~Corsair#01~

~Corsair#01~ Deity

My "Communazi" avatar was satirical, but I had to change it 'cos it was offensive (do yourselves a favour you who were offended, don't go to India). :rolleyes:

I spent too much time listening to Iced Earth's Gettysburg trilogy, and wound up with my current one. ;)

9. Zwelgje

Zwelgje Deity

Mine is zwelgje from the movie "Als je begrijpt wat ik bedoel" (If you understand what I mean), now take a guess where I took my username from. :p

10. Longasc

Longasc Deity

Simply a pic of myself, as usually I am listening to music. I am still looking for the ultimate MP3-Player. Everyone who now wants to mention the iPod is likely to get a belittling smile from me! :)

11. Aphex_Twin

Aphex_Twin Evergreen

For some strange reason I can't reduce my current avatar candidate to below 32 kb. Must be the FAT or something.

CFC can't upload it because it's either too large (>70x70 pixels or >4kb). Windows tells me the file is some 3 kb (size) and 32 kb (size on disk). Last time I checked I had FAT 32 installed.

Anyone have an idea?

Attached Files:

• 01.GIF
      01.GIF
      File size:
      3.3 KB
      Views:
  12. Mescalhead

Mescalhead Vincebus Eruptum

That is fantastic. #1 in my book, but a bit of a tease as well.

13. Yom

Yom Re-ese Mekwanint

Use this as your avatar if you can shrink it down ;).

14. Longasc

Longasc Deity

Aphex Twin

because your Avatar is 58x69 pixels! -> reduce the vertical height.

15. Longasc

Longasc Deity

um, but mine works with 53x70... I think 70x70 is the limit.

Your clusters are probably too large. But it is stupid that this takes in account the size on your HD. I will make a copy of your Avatar and save it a bit smaller, perhaps this version will work.

It cannot be connected to your FAT-system... but there must be a reason.

16. Longasc

Longasc Deity

Gnarf. It is a GIF. Simply convert it to JPG.

17. Aphex_Twin

Aphex_Twin Evergreen

I mean 70x70, not 64x64 (it fits this criteria).

18. Aphex_Twin

Aphex_Twin Evergreen

JPG doesn't work either :crazyeye:

19. Yuri2356

Yuri2356 Test Screening

At the moment, I think the Avatar Uploading option is broken. Dell19 and a few others have been having problems with this.

20. Reno

Reno The Studio Ghibli Fanatic

Nobody can upload a new avatar at CFC for some reason.

Well anyway, mine's Eboshi Gozen from Princess Mononoke, but i'll change the avatar once they get the avatar upload working again.