What's your avatar?

Yom said:
Why is that? The first 20 pages just talked about how the earth was created or something stupid like that. Not interesting enough for an 8th grader. I wouldn't read it now, either, since it's just fiction. I find myself reading only non-fiction unless it's for AP English 12 and is actually complex and has deeper meaning.
I was mostly joking. The Silmarillion is one of my favourite books, period, but tastes differ.

I'm surprised about the "8th grade" comment, tho. I read it in 5th grade and loved it.

(OTOH, that's also about the time I read Bra Böckers world history in 16 volymes. I might not have been an entirely typical preteener.)

My avatar is kinda dull and unimaginative, not to mention the fact that it really doesnt represent me very well. It is the coat of arms for the city I live in, sure I kinda like the place but I am not one to be proud and thumping my chest over geographical locations. Couldnt come up with something else though and I really didnt want to have an avatar someone else already had.

I go through several, in fact this one's about to go soon. But right now, it's a Renault RE30 Formula 1 car, driven by Alain Prost in the early 1980s. Those were the days when they ran full ground effects, and the turbocharged engines with their exotic fuels produced insane horsepower. The 4-cylinder BMW 1.5L qualifying engine produced just over 1,400hp, for ex.

The ones from that era are just everything that fast cars are meant to be... wide-tracked, slick tires, lots of power, and massive amounts of raw downforce - cornering like it's on rails. All the good stuff from that era, has since been banned.

Plotinus said:
I didn't have an avatar until Mistfit made one for me. It's Plotinus, of course. Although in reality Plotinus didn't allow anyone to make an image of him. His students hired an artist to sit in his lectures and make sketches for a painting, but Plotinus found out and stopped it. He believed that one should focus on spiritual things and not try to make an image of an image, for the body is only an image of the soul. So really all we know of his appearance is that he was good-looking but sweaty, which is how Porphyry describes him.

ah yes his student Porphyry... but i prefer to think of Plotinus more as "neo-platonist" than "proto-christian"... though i admit, perhaps he was something of of the latter, but not intentionally though....

anyhow, my avatar is of "Caetano Veloso"... one of the greatest artists of our age... :D

My avater is currently a huge satirical swipe.
For one, it is a polarisation of my views (I am a leftist, and I am portraying my self as a communist, hahaha how hilarious).
Notice the santa hat. This is also funny, as the USSR was a non-eligious state.
I also gives for some funy alliteration.

Damned, you're a funny person, nonconformist.

My "Communazi" avatar was satirical, but I had to change it 'cos it was offensive (do yourselves a favour you who were offended, don't go to India). :rolleyes:

I spent too much time listening to Iced Earth's Gettysburg trilogy, and wound up with my current one. ;)

Mine is zwelgje from the movie "Als je begrijpt wat ik bedoel" (If you understand what I mean), now take a guess where I took my username from. :p

Simply a pic of myself, as usually I am listening to music. I am still looking for the ultimate MP3-Player. Everyone who now wants to mention the iPod is likely to get a belittling smile from me! :)

For some strange reason I can't reduce my current avatar candidate to below 32 kb. Must be the FAT or something.

CFC can't upload it because it's either too large (>70x70 pixels or >4kb). Windows tells me the file is some 3 kb (size) and 32 kb (size on disk). Last time I checked I had FAT 32 installed.

Anyone have an idea?

Attachments

• 01.GIF
    01.GIF
    3.3 KB · Views: 112
shortguy said:
Yeah...mine's just a pile of pastry...

That is fantastic. #1 in my book, but a bit of a tease as well.

Aphex_Twin said:
For some strange reason I can't reduce my current avatar candidate to below 32 kb. Must be the FAT or something.

CFC can't upload it because it's either too large (>64x64 pixels or >4kb). Windows tells me the file is some 3 kb (size) and 32 kb (size on disk). Last time I checked I had FAT 32 installed.

Anyone have an idea?
Use this as your avatar if you can shrink it down ;).

Aphex Twin

because your Avatar is 58x69 pixels! -> reduce the vertical height.

um, but mine works with 53x70... I think 70x70 is the limit.

Your clusters are probably too large. But it is stupid that this takes in account the size on your HD. I will make a copy of your Avatar and save it a bit smaller, perhaps this version will work.

It cannot be connected to your FAT-system... but there must be a reason.

I mean 70x70, not 64x64 (it fits this criteria).

JPG doesn't work either :crazyeye:

Top Bottom